RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, guys, I decided wich car to take!!! That's it, here's the HP Racing's Aston Martin DBR9:

DOWNLOAD LINK

hpracingastonmartingtpr.jpg

Quali: 5th
1st Race: Started well, in turn 2 there was an accident and I just managed to avoid them, and found myself at P1. However Keith was coming behind, and he was very fast. Managed to hold him behind me for 1-2 laps, then I made a mistake in turn 3 and he overtook me. However few laps later, after we both done our pit stops, he found himself behind Paul, and I started to close the gap! Then he went out in last corner and I overtook him. Finished 1st, but only with a very little lead cause Keith arrived again:)
2nd Race: Not the best start I saw:/ But then I was going 5th behind Robert, but in lap 2 he spun in turn 3 while I was on his inside, and he accidentally pushed me off. No problem, that happens sometimes. When I came back I turned a bit tighter than I should, I didn't see Eric on my inside, sorry for that! I hope I didn't cause any damage!
After that little crash I was again out, but came back fast and ran 8th. After a lap or 2 I was behind Eric, then decided to take an early pit stop in lap 6. It proved to be a good idea as I overtook Eric and Paul ahead me, and managed to take 3rd place at the end.

Nice races everybody, thank you all!

I'm outa here for the weekend so I won't get to review the tapes.
Great races!
After practicing all day long I had good lines and a great car. All I had to do was stay on track.
Amazed at my Q time but hey. a light load of fuel.
Race 1, got through the mess and was having fun when the track dissappeared, I ended up sliding across it , brakes locked and someone didn't get to miss me[Sorry!]. Last place and climbing back up after the pitstop.
Race 2, Geez, I so dislike starting at the front when I'm slow. I watched Yved and [?] pull away and held on well through the pitstop then lost it a few times and fell back. Eric, I hope I didn't foul you when the three of us were close coming down the hill?

Still, great races! Thanks ALL!

Great track, great cars, great racers.

Whenever I see the big guns in the server I get terrified in qualy. I managed to hold my heart and breathing for a flying lap to take pole position.

Race 1 start saw Yves from 3rd zoom pass me with his Bimmer to take 1st position in turn. Beginning of 2nd lap at turn 1, Yves went wide, I tried to sneak pass only to nudge him at turn 2. Sorry Yves. That was my race done as for some reason the game decided that I belong in the garage for the reminder of the race.

Race 2. Started 13th and had great battles. Stayed out longer than everyone I think. I pitted and came out 7th. Mistakes ahead saw me gain positions upto 4th. Great you might say.....but my fuel was dropping at an alarming rate. Started on the last lap with 0.56L of fuel, by turn 4 the car was having a hiccup. Engine died and thought if I just glide the car I might finish. Keith was 5th at that time, he saw me tip toeing and tried to push me to finish :skywalker:. Lost the car on the straight. Result = DNF(Fuel)

Check out Peter and Keith just after the uphill. Doing Wheelies.

And Peter with all his tyres off the ground. He believed he could fly.

Well done guys. Congrats to Yves and Peter for winning the races.

Thank you Eric and Racedepartment.

Attachments

• Peter n Keith.jpg
    Peter n Keith.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Peter.jpg
    Peter.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 177
stcc.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
Class: STCC / WTCC '07&'06
Track:Ledenon [1.1 patch]
Weather: Dry
Start Time: Saturday 1.00 GMT / Friday 9.00PM EST USA / Saturday 11.00am AEST AUS
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 15mins - Superpole
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x12 laps - One mandatory pit per race with 2 tire change.
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!​

Entrylist:
  1. Rhys Gardiner
  2. Philip Antonia
  3. Jason Halaby
  4. Marty Pierce
  5. Willie Watt
  6. Abdul Ahmed
  7. Keith Barrick
  8. Dennis Phelan
  9. Brandon Lawson
  10. Bob Luneski
  11. Paul Wood
  12. William Yunck
  13. Yves Larose
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

Warning: Newbie Question!

Hi, folks. I'm a new RD member, interested in racing online with Race07 and GTRevo. I might be able to make this race, depends on when family comes into town and the baby wakes up. :) I know I need to dl the track; and I know where Steam needs to see it. Do I need any other add-ons, such as mods or skins?

Hope to see some of you on track soon. BTW I'm on the USA West Coast, Pacific time-zone.

Edit: Guess I also need to know little details, like race length, etc. TIA

Jim

That track was killer, never got to grips with it, even after 53 laps!

Pretty pleased with 13th in quali then, but start was disaster. Tight corners meant it was really close but everyone was doing a good job. Then over the hill the waves parted and I see a car parked the wrong way. I think, "that's a funny place for a picnic", but unfortunately can't avoid him.

I'm getting used to driving with a car veerying to one side and had a good little battle with about 4 cars at the back of the pack. But decided to pit to fix things up. PItted again later on and after all was said and done I was 13th again, so not too bad.

Cheers all!

• Matt Crouch

My concentration was up and down as much as the track. Don't think I needed to do two stops but I ended up having to do 2 after a whoopsie.

Started in 13th. The first half went well. There were plenty of people around to race and after a few laps I was in 6th and at points chasing for 5th, trying to hold off Steve and Goldthroid, before a couple of seemingly innocuous mistake put me down to 11th in the space of a lap.

As I was one-stopping I pitted after lap 26 from 6th place. The tyres seemed ok... I was losing about 2 seconds a lap off my best at this point. Bit of a scary pit exit as me and Mtommi nearly came out as a single merged car. Came out in 9th with lots of pressure comming from Mtommi and Robthrope right behind. Then it got very confusing when everyone started waiting for each other even though no-one caused anything :laugh2:

Then the leaders came along and as I went to give Gary space my back wheel clipped the grass sending me into the mysterious wall made of trees and bouncing back onto the track. As Bensting came round the corner I made the stupid mistake of trying to anticipate where he was going and we both swerved into the same place... Sorry.. You'd think I'd've learnt by now not to do that :rain:. I think I came off worse though :p with a rear puncture. Must've been the touch of tesco that caused the final race result :heh:

This was on the final two corners so I was just before the pit entrance, but I didn't realise there was a puncture until I'd gone past it so I did a whole lap with a flat tyre before pitting. Came out in 12th but at least I had a new set of tyres. I don't know if it was just a lack of concentration or a damaged car but I made quite a few mistakes in the rest of the race. I don't think I saw anyone on the same lap as me at-all, the gap stayed about 20 seconds in each direction for the whole thing iirc.

My 12th position didn't change and I crossed the line 2 laps down

Pretty good race in the first half anyway :good:. Preferred this track in the Cats though :)

Cheers to all who took part tonight & all the "crew" on TS
Quote of the night has to go to Dave, Benny was coming up to lap him.
"Where do you want me benny" :laugh2:
Horrible vision flashed through my mind

How we laugh :giggle:

to be perfectly honest, I don't think I could race anymore without going on TS
It is the banter on there that makes a cracking race.

And as ever, Lewis normal quote to me, "that's because you're sh*te" :wink:

enjoyed my battle with Andrew. That was fun. Also hearing Andrew laugh when I got just a tad too close to Benny's butt after being lapped :nod:

edit: I forgot to mention, sorry to Steve for nearly taking you out when you were lapping me.. Opps, I was braking and turning as hard as I could.. I :poop: myself, as you probably heard :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%