RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

very nice event one more time... :))
i think im to much carful in the first lap... loool
Gratz to gary and keith who win the first and the second race!!!
sry keith if i have disturb you, but i dont want drive the all race alone... lool.
and one more time, thx to let me drive with a "later" sign up...!
cya all and thx too for the fair play to all...!!!

Andrew - thx for setting this up, very sick and twisted, you excel yourself once more.
I managed to run both races and finish quite well despite major stuttering throughout (almost getting used to it now as "normal" :rolleyes:).
Was a bit concerned about comp temps too - its 32+ºC in here tonight, so I was worried about it overheating, but somehow things came thru.

Anyways:
Race 1 - reasonable start, incidents in front meant I had to throttle back and lead to me getting nerfed from behind ... big wobbles and stuff lost a couple of spots, but got back on it and continued, hauling 6th for most of the race.
Big fun chasing down Jim - sorry about the slight tap but waited and continued on behind and finally got the pass up the long drag.
... 2 laps to go and I made an arse of one of the slower corners, punched barrier and lost my splitter. The former 9 seconds to Michael and Keith in 7th and 8th dropped to 2 seconds, then they were on me - held em off for half a lap but was no use, I could not keep the front heading in the right direction. Finished 8th.

Race 2 ... had pole for the start :eek:
Keith managed a lightening start on the outside and pulled into T1 in front. After that I had the attention of James who I managed to hold up/off :D for a few laps - finally he got by and I did not contest too hard as he was quicker in all fairness.
Mi ol mucker Benno was then behind me, I had lots of fun doing what I could to (fairly) keep him behind me. Managed to do so for a good long while, but finally he got past and cleared off into the distance.
A few more laps and I was at the flag ... seems Ben and James both chewed on a barrier, so I was rather pleased to get a podium and bring it home 2nd ... :D

Thx once more Andrew, RD and of course all ye lovely racers ... :wave:

I would characterize both races as insane. Of course in a good way.
Got stuck on a hill in the first lap of the first race :(.

Second race I got 9th or 10th after barely keeping the car from getting seriously damaged after multiple run-offs. I think 6 or 7 people DNF so that was probably the main reason for my position. I just couldn't keep pace with you 1337 drivers but I'm satisfied with the position I got.

I hate slow corners, so half the track was not my taste, but it was good fun anyway.

Thx for the event.

Great writeup Keith.

For me, this event filled a void that I felt since the unraveling of my old league. I plan to be involved in this event as much as possible. It is simply awsome.

My first STCC event looked like this. Practice on Thursday gave me some hope that I could be competitive after a 3 month layoff. Driving the A4 (because I own one) I was wondering if I could run with the leaders. The first hour of practice showed that I was around a second off the pace of the fastest guys. I didn't know the track so I thought I may be able to pick up another half second somewhere. I went to bed Thursday energized knowing that weather would play a factor and that I could race conservatively and would be rewarded as others had their troubles with a slick track.

Quali session: I waited until around 9 minutes left in quali as the track was just damp. I took wet tyres as I thought that the conservative choice. I put in a decent lap with good lines and no mistakes. I qualified around 7th which was okay with me.

Race 1: Just an okay start with a little help after a couple of turns from others getting together or slighly running off the track helped me hold the 7th spot. Then on the 2nd lap, I was jockeying with someone just passing the start finish line. He got the inside position on me going into the hard right before the sweeping left coming past the pit lane. I had a hard time with this turn in practice and knew that I couldn't dive down as I'd make contact with whoever it was making a run on me. So I stayed wide and my Audi didn't like that line. My tail came around and next thing I knew, I was sliding backwards back into the racing line. I collected Yuri in this crash and he and I fell all the way to the back. Needless to say, I felt terrible about ruining his race.

The rest of Race 1 I ran very poorly, I had several late break mistakes where I had too much momentum to make the turn on proper line so I was really struggling. My pit turned out okay after pre race complications and fears. I had the first pit stall and easily found it after selecting auto pit. My pit during the race was in the 7 second range which I thought was probably competitive. I came out of the pit in 8th or 9th place and was happy with that. My prerace goal was to be competing for a top 5 finish and without some of my mental errors, I felt that I should've been right there. I decided not to be too hard on myself as I hadn't raced in several months. I finished in 8th and earned 1 point.

I graded my effort in race 1 as a C minus as I drove well below average for me. Results were a B plus as I ended up getting a better result than I deserved.

Race 2 was a different story. With an inverted field, I started the poll. My focus was on getting a clean first 3 turns and staying competitive with the leaders. Things worked out well for me here. I made it through turn 1 clean and even had a bit of breathing room due to some poor starts and contact behind me. I ended up running about 5 good laps in the lead before some minor mistakes that put me back to 3rd place.

The last 2 laps were very eventful as I think about 3 or 4 of us exchanged positions on those laps. I ended up only half a second from 5th place. 6th place gave me 3 points which added with my 1 point from race 1 gave me a 4 way tie for 5th in the final results.

All in all: I exceed my expectations for my own performance however the exciting part is that I know that I didn't drive my best.

The weather and quality of the field made for a very intense and exciting hour and a half of racing. I had a ton of fun and will make every one of these events that I can.

Thanks Andrew, that was a sick combination indeed.

Due to me not managing to practice enough, I came out with the worst time in quali :).

Race 1: T1 was a massacre. Someone hit me from the right and I spun out of control, coming out of it 14th and with a wrecked car. I pited next lap to fix it and at least I managed to finish the race.:woot2:
Sorry for hitting you when I was coming back on the track Keith. I saw you coming at the last moment, but I didn't manage to move out of the way in time.

Race 2: I started 14th. Nice and clean start and first few corners led me to the 7th place, but then in the following 4 laps I made lots of mistakes and lost 3 places. In lap 5 I lost control of the car at the last corner and smashed full speed in the wall:rip:

Overall it was a very fun race. The slow corners in the middle of the track were crazy.

Thank you all for the great time.

Guys, since this event is going to fill out, I will really frown over people not showing up without providing an excuse. Most likely they wont be let in next week's race.

With this in mind Eric, I am going to have to withdraw. My GF has against my wished decided to take the early bus which conflicts with the Sunday race.... Really pushing my buttons she is.

Someone who is 100% sure going to race deserves my spot. Have fun guys, and see you on the grid soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 316 27.7%