RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I forgot to give a big sorry to Andrew and Steve for using them as brakes... :(

The only race when I had them two directly infront of me I forget to move my foot from the clutch onto the brake :heh:

I'm glad you both took pitty on me and realised that I'm just stupid and did not throw abuse at me :lol:

Also I need to say sorry to Steve and I think it was Nuno where I went for a optimistic "go-between" overtake. Saw a gap and went for it between the pair of them... Don't know what I was thinking. I have not looked at the replay yet but tbh I should not have tried it.
:sorry: Was having too much fun and just went for it.

Edit: It was Nuno so sorry. Looking back at the replay it was not as bad as what I thought but still, my bad and :sorry: I was not aiming for you Steve but I had to turn somewhere and thought I had already hit you 30 seconds prior so did not think you would mind :shame: Bottom line I messed up.
It was a great start off the line though... :poke: Until I had to brake anyway :(
Click here for Video

Well, I might as well do my report before my memory fails me... :giggle:

Qualifying: 5th. A new personal best for me on Knutstorp, with a time of 1:01.270.

Warmup, as Warren said, was a nightmare. However I quickly adjusted to the flooded track and found some more speed than when I did some wet testing. It was tons of fun.

Race 1: I went out on track wondering whether I would be any match for the better wet-weather drivers on here. I had a pretty good start, but was held up slightly by Phil when he got off to a slower start. I weaved over to the other side of the track, and must have knocked someone off when I had a second-long freeze. However it was more than equalised because I suddenly found myself in 10th. I gradually picked off others as either they were simply passed, or the conditions got the better of them, and Eric was on my tail for much of the time. Anyway, I gradually climbed up to 6th, behind Abdul and Warren. I got close to Abdul at one point, but it was not to be. After going through my pit procedure I kept my head down as I passed others making their pit stops. Eventually I managed to get 5th, which as far as I'm concerned is a miracle given the weather.

Race 2: Another pretty good start, this time from 4th. I had decided to gamble on wet tyres before the race, but it soon turned out that the track was indeed drying out, and I was going slower than I had planned to. I got slightly frightened on the first lap as Keith in front of me was sliding all over the place. I took my pit stop at the first opportunity, on lap 5. I changed all my tyres to slicks, and despite the time deficit that came from it, I found myself going a whole lot faster. Again, it seemed a miracle to me that I was able to pass so many people given the conditions. Eventually, I managed to get home in 6th. Not what I was hoping for, but when I took into account the fact that the weather was wet, I felt incredibly lucky.

Massive thanks to Warren, Abdul, Eric N and Keith for the good racing, Olly for boosting the Aussie head count, and Eric K for giving us the excellent changeable weather! The rain added a whole new dynamic to the event. See you guys at Mallala... :D

• Matt Crouch

The pied piper leads us astray :flutetune: :merriegigue:

I also present you with some music to accompany this picture. please press play before clicking the attachment for full enjoyment
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mlsEcVjTo[/ame]

Attachments

• piedpiper.jpg
    piedpiper.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Andrew Evans

ok, i'm out now - there's plenty of space... if you want one of the 9 remaining slots, just post here and turn up on time...

server is up! have ze funs....

ok, i'm out now - there's plenty of space... if you want one of the 9 remaining slots, just post here and turn up on time...

server is up! have ze funs....

Im really hoping to make this race. As of right now 10:32am it is looking good, and Im excited to race with my Euro friends again. If anything changes tho I will post here, and will be heart broken. I will be a sad cinderella if I cant make this race.

qualy 2nd

warm up was a good test for the weather to come and was fastest by about .5 so had good hopes for race 1

Race 1 weather was great fun to race in i was fast in the rain but was hard to pass keith without wrecking the two of us so i pitted early to hopefully get past him but i stopped too short in pit and lost allot of time came back on track and after the cycle came out in 2nd pushed hard but same deal hard to pass had a run on Phillip but lost control and hit tire wall lost front bumper lol and finished 2nd in the race.

Race 2 Started out with all slicks was a good idea came out on lap 1 in 2nd raced hard behind Eric for many laps and got into a racing incident on the straight after that was 3rd made my pit stop and caught tire wall entering so ended up with a 30second stop to put on a new bumper came out in 6th after pit cycle pushed like a bugger to catch up for my mistake and ended up passing Eric for 4th with a lap left to go.

was a good night even though i had many mistakes! Abdul was victor overall bye 1 point over me. After spending time with him in practice to get him up to speed he had the nerve to beat me lol great race ev1 had allot of fun.

Eric,
when I extract the Vitus file, there are 2 folders: __MACOSX and GTREvo_Vitus. Inside the GTREvo_Vitus folder, there is a folder called Vitus. This is the one I should put in the Locations folder, right?
And how about the __MACOSX folder and the .DS_Store file, inside the GTREvo_Vitus folder?
Thx.

Qualifying - 3rd
I crashed out of race one, I got the rain setup all wrong but had started doing well before the pit. After the pit it was a totally different car and I realised that for some reason, the pit stop changed my tires to slicks. It was like being on ice, I couldn't even excellerate. hehe, oh well was fun til then.

Race 2 - I decided on slicks for the damp track and they worked great. I drove from last to first, my best comeback ever - but it was mostly due to some crashes and visits to the grass by all the other guys.

a great race, and the Weather was fun and interesting. good idea Eric!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%