RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I'm still working on my skin, should be ready well before the 1 week deadline.

I raced a couple of 3 lappers today on a public server. Both races had over 25 people and I started from the back in one and the other I started mid-field. I finished in the top 10 in both, which is a step up for me - just finishing is a good thing here! I may have done better, but got turned around by someone from behind leaving that first complex of turns. I had to wait for the field to pass! :struggle:

Anyway, with all the time I'm putting into preparing for this race, I better not get knocked out in the first lap or two! That would really suck!

We should organize some informal practice races once the practice server is up. It would be useful to race with some of you guys on this track before the actual event.

Hi guys, I was off for some days.
I can setup something for tonight, but obviously not Istanbul since there is no legal version available for rFactor.

If you want Bathurst for tonight I can install the track and setup the event. Will not drive myself, too much going on here at home.

If you want to call it off, also fine by me.

Sorry for the lack of support on the previous days, but I hope you understand.

Well I have to say I was a little boring:laugh2:.

Qual 7th, Race 1 7th, Race 2 7th!!

Found the Aston to be trickier to drive than I'd expected. Normally if I race the GT CLUB class I use the BMW Z4, so i was surprised how difficult the Aston was to handle.

Qual: 7th.

Managed to get myself fairly consistent, but not lightning fast. Though I was pretty chuffed with 7th.

Race 1: 7th

Good start upto 6th. Kept with top 5 for a few laps, but lost my position to the guy I'd got ahead of at the start. The top 6 eventually got into their genuine pace which was too quick for me. Though I was quicker than 8th place down so ended up driving most of the race by myself.

Race 2: 7th:laugh2:

Started P2 on reversed grid. Got away quicker than Adam in 1st, but he had the inside line for T1 and held me off and I was very aware I had some fast company behind. Adam and myself ran wide at T3 and someone tried to get inside of me, but they were carrying a little too much speed and I was trying to turn in and we had contact. I continued to follow Adam, but I got jumped by the guy behind and I was down to 3rd. Then Adam was passed and I chased him up the steep climb to the last corners trying to get an advantage as he'd been slowed by the overtake, but another car was also trying the same. I made a little contact with Adams rear left as we turned in(sorry again mate:)), but fortunately he held onto the slide and I got hung out to dry on the outside and lost several places, but it was my fault.

Then following Daniel I braked a little later than him and gave him a little tap, but once again it fortunately didn't cause him to go off or lose position. Again my apologies to you Daniel. We'd had a good battle for position earlier in the lap side by side for a couple of corners:).

Then the remainder of the race was the same again really. I watched Adam hold off a group of cars very affectively for most of the race, but I just couldn't get close up behind them and then unfortunately I saw him have his accident which from where I was I couldn't see how it happened.

Real pity for Adam as he'd done very well up to that point. Then once again I couldn't keep up with top 6 yet well ahead of 8th for another lonely 7th:).

Gr8 fun though and thanks to everyone who took part and to RD for giving us the community to enjoy our racing.

I was in one of those with you yesterday, and I had a guy in an Aston decide that he would try to turn me around on 3 different occasions. The third attempt did me in. I was driving a Gumpert (just to see how it drove). I am not signed up for this event as it is currently full, but I might look at add myself if possible as the event gets closer.

Thanx everybody for a great sesion of "late night" racing. Rather then type the whole story I decided to make my very first movie of my 1st race on Brno last night. Maybe I'll make another of the 2nd race later...
Special thnx to Andrew for organizing another good event :good:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWPmw2cG58Y[/ame]

• James Cathers

I may take your spot if ya'll will allow Ross. i just downloaded the DTM cars last night, having trouble with the limited visibility but theyre pretty easy to drive so I think I could keep a clean race going. and i'll still be able to watch the turkish GP beforehand :D sign me up!

Abdul,
I hit the rev limiter for turn 1. On the straight it kicks in behind the start /finish line.

I noticed that you need in front of the car packers around 1.8cm and on the back around 2.5 cm
the car is around 6.0cm high.
then you got a nice speed on the bumpy parts of the circuit, and still some grip.

In a single event for my own yesterday, i did a 1:43:9xx in qualy with. A shame i can't join this event.

I rember having the car hard at nearly max height and very much packers (think about 3 cm).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%