RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Little late putting this together, but its 12:45 and I have a burst of energy.

This race was fun and tough, and in my opinion what I expected from the track. I will comment on a few things after my race report. We did 2 quali's this race due to my mess up when voting. I chose session, rather then track, but it worked out as it allowed Marty back in.

Quali: Nailed fast laps in both which put me P1

Race 1: Got a super clean start, and managed to get my lead and hold on. Yves was following and sliding around with his BMW with the cold tires early. Maintaining the same lead most of the first half pre-pit stops, I was planning for my stop at lap 10 Pulled in the pits nailed the 2 tires stop and came back out in 6th behind Eric who had to pit still. Eric going for a later stop ended up with me and him battling hard. (See Video) After the pit cycles I had the lead and held it til the end.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrDWB8BLabQ[/ame]

Race 2: Got a good launch off the line and went real wide to avoid any incidents, made T1 ok and held my line...Yves had lost momentum exiting T1. This had Paul inside of him which resulted in contact between the 2 of them and sent yves into me. This put me off track and back to last place. (See video) Yuri went off in the next Turn, 17th now...and the next 3 turns I went from 17th to 12th (See Video). Then up on Glenn he defended very well and no contact well done. Up to 10th now behind Rhys, Warren, Abdul in a train of 2 batttling. When Warren runs wide exiting T2 Rhys goes inside and I get a run aswell...I see the middle get there but back out for fear of contact...and I was right :p Warren knew I backed off but didnt know Rhys was there, slight contact tho. (See Video) As Rhys waited I had slight contact with him. Now up to 8th from last on lap 5. Chasing down the Ancient BMW of Abdul. Me and abdul were taunting each other on TS when he decided to run wide in T2 and anchor his BMW to the curb!!. Now in 7th chasing Jason. On lap 9 I see a train of 4 cars but rather then fight now, I decided for a fairly early pit stop to avoid possible incidents and slow downs in a train. Little bobble on the stop, came up short at the stall, but came out in 9th place on the start of lap 10. As more ppl pitted I found my self in 4th place starting lap 11. After the entire pit cycle, I was in 2nd with Gregory leading and about 3.5 secs ahead. I pushed and pushed nailing my fastest lap of the day including quali of 46.3 and got within 1 second but made a mistake and that was the end. Finished P2

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKiez25aYpE[/ame]

Ended up taking the overall with 1st and 2nd. Well done to everyone who finished.

My take on incidents in club races boils down to Awareness, and anticipation. People DO need to be aware of where cars are and try to the best of their ability to anticipate where they may go. With those two things in mind and working on honing them, we should see less incidents on track. Also plan your passes, dont just jam inside and hope. Ive been passing alot on the outside lately because people have been getting really good at defending. You have to adapt, but be patient. We are all here for fun, and when an overly aggresive move takes the fun out of it for one racer, it takes the fun out of it for the whole group. We are all racing together to have fun, and make fun. So lets keep that in mind when we are looking down the inside.

Guys as always I had a blast, and I hope you like this report. It is now 1:55am :) Looking forward to racing this Friday with you all again.

Your local :alien2:
Keith

Attachments

• T1 Race 1 Jyland.jpg
    T1 Race 1 Jyland.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 185
  • T1 Race 2 Jyland.jpg
    T1 Race 2 Jyland.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 185
Keith nice report!

Sorry about the contact in T1. I see now I had a late turn in and still went for the apex not realizing you had nailed the line.(what a shocker) :tongue:should have stayed a bit wide there to resume sans contact.

I drive Hood view and usually am doing all I can to pilot and the back view button doesn't get used at critical moments for fear of running off track.:struggle:

I also drive no tags for ID and had I realized it was you I would have let you by cleanly in a better spot so we could both go on unharmed.:fwd:

Now why does my car have the crappy old skin on it in the replay? Did my skin not make the skin pack download? I mean if your gonna get smoked on TV ya may as well look good doing it!:doh:

yeah she's a beauty! hoping I can get here wednesday..................

Friday I am most likely out. Big party at my house Saturday. DJ, PIg roast, firewiorks and 75 people to hang with.

oh well I'll just hope to get my set up for the fiesta done before 9!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%