• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Sat July 18th (Friday 17rd US)- STCC @ Warwick Farm

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426

Welcome to RD Wesley, I have sent you an invitation to the Friday Night Racers group.... just check your messages and accept. Once you are in, go to Group tools and choose subscribe to this group and you will receive email notifications of updates and future events.

Thanks
    Keith

PS: We are having a practice sesssion tonite on the practice server...join in and join up with Teamspeak if you have it.

2. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    This is important so please read.

Pit entrance at this track is deadly. With a field this size I felt is necessary to bring this to light.

I would like everyone who is racing to map a button for "Headlights" in a safe place to get to them easily. This is to use as a signal for cars behind that you are pitting that lap. It only applies if there is a car near your rear bumper. How to use the headlights effectively is shown in the Video here.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDSNljfTnbg[/ame]

Also remember that majority of racers will pit in or around the halfway mark unless they are damaged, so use your judgement and try and anticipate when you think people might pit. Because not only will it end the pitting guys race, but can end yours aswell. So be alert and be aware.

Also reminder any and all skins must be in before 00:00GMT tonite.

Thanks
    Keith

3. Wesley Hartog

Wesley Hartog

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Keith for the invitation. I'm looking forward to race with serious drivers and i'll try to participate at the RD forums as much as i can. Hope to have lots of fun!!!

4. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    You dont need to be super active on the forums....but to stay informed just Subscribe to this group http://forum.racedepartment.com/groups/s2000-friday-night-racers.html and choose Email notification daily. You will be updated daily of new events, new Skinpacks and anything else related to Friday events.

Easiest and simplest way to stay in touch without checking the forums daily.

As for racing with us, we arent really "serious" but we do enjoy the fun in competition we have week in and week out with each other. Its become a great group, and there is no winning at all costs here. We race for fun, and it is crucial to have courtesy for others on track and off the track when racing.

Im sure you will have a blast racing with us, and there is always someone around to help with setup/driving/in game settings/wheel settings/anything you can think of.

Keith

5. Wesley Hartog

Wesley Hartog

Ratings:
    +0
    I joined the friday night racers group, thnx for the tip. I'm pretty sure i will have lots of fun racing. Yuri is a friend of mine and is already a great help to me, butt still all the help is welcome. Who knows i might be of some help to someone else....

6. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    That is the exact attitude we want. Glad you are with us man.

7. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    Edited. Skin belonged to a different car.

8. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
  9. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    Practice session tonite was excellent. At one point we had 12 people practicing. Good sign.

Tomorrow is race day and I want to make sure all new guys, and even the older guys do a few things:

1) Download skinpack http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VIUBANE6

2) Please review this post regarding Pit stops at this track http://forum.racedepartment.com/gtr...y-17rd-us-stcc-warwick-farm-9.html#post358921

3) Have some fun tomorrow

Tomorrow will be a HUGE field, and will require some patience from everyone. You will not win the race in the first corner, nor will you win it in the first lap. Remember that you must pit once and take 2 tires, or you will be DQed.

I would love it if everyone would join TS, even if you dont have a mic. TS adds a whole other level to the racing. Last race we had 14 or 15 guys in there and it was great.

See you all tomorrow at Warrick Farm.

Keith

10. Marty Pierce

Marty Pierce

Ratings:
    +6
    Wow what a sign up. Should be some exciting racing. I am going to be taking a break from racing for a bit so I won't be at this one. Good luck to all, Marty

11. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
  12. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    Sorry to hear Marty, just hope you rejoin us sooner rather then later. Wont be the same without you.

Keith

13. Mtommi Tam

Mtommi Tam

Ratings:
    +1
    Server max car 30??

14. Yassen Pavlov

Yassen Pavlov

Ratings:
    +0
    Sign me up please :)

15. Aritan Maia

Aritan Maia

Ratings:
    +2
    Eric, sign me up as a maybe, ok. I think I'm gonna be able to be there, but since I have to pickup a cousin at the airport, I don't know for sure if I can get back.

Someone, PRETTY PLEASE, make a nice setup for my bimmer!!!! :D

16. Jarrod Keen

Jarrod Keen

Ratings:
    +0
    How do you select to see more than 25 cars. In visual options, mine won't allow me to select more than 25.

17. Jarrod Keen

Jarrod Keen

Ratings:
    +0
    Are we still going with 14 laps?

18. Aritan Maia

Aritan Maia

Ratings:
    +2
    Jarrod,
    to have more than 25 drivers online you need a "server mod", so it's only up to Eric K, without any other files or anything changing for us.
    :smile-big:

19. Yuri Braham

Yuri Braham

Ratings:
    +22
    Aritan.
    But does that mod also display the cars on our screen.
    Because when you look under visual settings in GTR evo.
    You can only choose to see 25 cars. Will the Mod overwrite this???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.