• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Sat July 18th (Friday 17rd US)- STCC @ Warwick Farm

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426

Still trying to figure that out out. Fraps for some reason records my sound like that, its annoying because if it didnt I would make a highlight video myself for the Friday events for the article I want to write.

Thanks all for the kind words. Will be posting again later today, and possibly another highlight video for race my race 2. I think they are better then race reports, and take the same amount of time to make.

2. Jarrod Keen

Jarrod Keen

Ratings:
    +0
    After the chaos of the evening I can't tell you how thrilled that I am to see all the upbeat comments here on the message boards. I know lots of people put in lots of prep time INCLUDING myself and it is disappointing when things mess up but

THUMBS UP DRIVERS AND FRIENDS!!!!

AND A BIG THUMBS UP TO RD AND ERIC AND KEITH.

This friday night thing is going to get really big.

3. Jason Halaby

Jason Halaby

Ratings:
    +0
    TRULY SPECTACULAR! <---- that's what 28 cars looks like on track.:in-love:

I am glad we were all patient enough to restart the race after the server issues, it was definitely worth it. And a big shout out to all the guys who stayed up so late to join us.:coffee:

THANK YOU Eric and Keith for helping to make this an epic event!

Race 1, Take 1 (before restart):
    I noticed these two issues related to the bug:

1. At the starting grid I was overlapped with another car, but not a problem when we got moving.
    2. When I went to pit there were so many cars overlapped at the same pit stall that I had trouble judging where my pit arrow was pointing.

Race 1, Take 2:

I was having a really good race in P9 or so. Early on I touched the grass near the turn with armco barriers and went outside of it and far afield. Finally after turning around and getting back near the track, I had to wait for safe opening to get back in. That took me to around P20, and I slowly got back to a P15 finish.

Race 2:
    Lap 1 I must have given Claudio a good scare when I started to go sideways in front of him at the lake turn. Amazingly I recovered and was pointing in the right direction to exit the turn nicely! I think I was losing a lot of time on the turn before the long straight, couldn't seem to get a good line through there. I had some good racing with Paul and Wesley and finshed around P9.

Keith FTW - I love the last clip of your video - awesome man awesome!

4. Yassen Pavlov

Yassen Pavlov

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey sorry for not showing up guys, I thought the race was today... :(

5. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    Its ok Yassen. We had 28 on grid and there was issues with the track + mod.

The next friday event is 30 drivers at Brands Hatch GP...which will be flawless. You should join us for sure. Just make sure you remember what day it is :p

6. Keith Barrick

Keith Barrick

Ratings:
    +426
    When I get some free time, I am going to make another video for race 2. I think instead of long race reports I will just make videos like the last one I made. They take the same time to do :p

Now if I could figure out how to fix my sound in fraps, I could make a massive highlight video showcasing what the friday events really are. Anyone have suggestions on the sound?

7. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    Warwick Farm

There was swimming, fishing, farming but the action was non stop. Glad we re started the event, would have been a night wasted otherwise. Nice 1 Keith for getting us all lazy ones to get the event started in the shortest time wasted.

I enjoyed the races alot, was tough at the end with my rear tyres not working at all. Gregory and Keith were to fast for me. Nothing much to report as I was mostly driving on my own. Keith ya need to slow down catching us slow ones lol. Atleast let us enjoy the position a lil longer. Greg ya gotta stop using that thing that makes you drive faster.

Well done podium, Grats all who participated. Thanks RD. Thank you Eric for organising the event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.