• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Sat August 8th (7th US) - STCC @ Cleveland Airport

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    Quali: 12th
    Race1: Jarrod made a mistake in the last chicane in lap 1 and unfortunately he just spun into the track ahead me, came back 17th, got up to 9th at the end.
    Race2: Had a much better pace, still not close to the front runners though. Had some nice battles. I saw Brandon off the track and Gary in the pits, and I got 3rd. Brandon was coming behind me in the last few laps, but I could keep a short distance ahead him and bring home 3rd which is great for me:)

Thx for the race!

2. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen

Ratings:
    +32
    First off, sorry Will for turning you upside down. Had my nose where it should not have been.
    Second off, my pit windows weren't working properly. Nothing would be green when I entered the pit, so I would have to manually make the picks. And my top selection wouldn't let me choose different pit strategies. I had to pit 3 times in the first race before it worked and then in the second race, I changed to lefts and took off but then got DQ'd for not changing tires. Don't understand and got frustrated. errrr.
    Thanks for setting up the event Eric, and the track Keith. Good racing guys.

3. Gary Lennon

Gary Lennon

Ratings:
    +203
    Very nice event for me plodding along in the FWD WTCC motors :),never a dull lap really,i think my saviour was deciding to go for new rear tyres instead of the usual 2 fronts,the thought of that track with a overly wayward backend gave me the shudders....i enjoyed a nice feeling car to the end.
    Race 2 was another busy affair trying to hang on with the front pair,little errors along the way to lose a place or two but all good,i got over excited with my turning off pit limiter early trick and got a S&G which cost me a very good stab at the win,moral of the story..."Dont try and be a smartarse" :p.
    Well done the podiums tonight and good job everyone i raced near on such a track full of so many different lines and opportunties for "sucker punches",common sense prevailed!.
    Many Thanks Eric et' Keith au RD :good:

4. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Surprised I was competitive, having not played the game for two months till yesterday, but it was quite an easy and short track to learn so that helped.

Started 3rd for Race 1, ran a few seconds behind Brandon and Keith and a few seconds ahead of Marty and Abdul. Pitted and it was pretty much status quo. I got a stop/go for cutting however after I clipped the grass exiting turn 3 and went all the way down the grass along the straight lol. That dropped me to 9th but Adam seemed to have to pit again so I inherited 8th for race two pole.

Race 2 - Michael jumped me off the start and I slotted in behind. Lap 2, corner one, I had a great run at him and broke down the inside. I outbraked myself a little and we touched side by side, nothing much but it gave him a puncture, apologies Michael. I immediately slowed to wait for him but he quit so I carried on, now in third though. Got second as Phil had a huge moment a couple of turns later and very gradually ate into Marty's lead while holding Brandon at arms length, who had got past Gary after his overtake attenmpt on me cost him a place. Brandon and I pitted in tandem, I passed Michael C but as Brandon tried to follow through they touched and that released the pressure on me.

Marty somehow came out of the pits behind me, witness to a lolsome incident as I entered turn one and he exited the pits. I was coming past Luis and Jarrod (for position, though I had pitted). Into turn one Luis shot down the inside of both of us and t-boned Jarrod, rolling him. I was in the lead and aside from a quick Gary showing his nose (he had to serve a stop/go) I was able to bring home a nice gap.

Good to be back :)

5. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia

Ratings:
    +251
    Great stuff at Cleveland:good:.

6. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia

Ratings:
    +251
    Duh. Didn't finish my post. Too sleepy me thinks:).

Qual: 7th.

Race 1: 5th

Some gr8 driving during this race, but made one big error that cost me a few places. Very clean driving by everyone around:good:.

Race 2: 5th.

Good start and decent 1st lap saw me up to 2nd, but then I got really scruffy and after 2 laps I was about 9th:silly:.

Worked my way back to 5th or 6th. Had a good pit lane battle with a honda. Then made a big cock up b4 the corner on to the back straight and spun losing all the places I'd gained back. Then watched 3 Hondas trying to take last chicane together and managed to get a run on them and moved up to 5th into T1:). Got my head down b4 they had a chance to punish me and left them to what looked like a gr8 final 2 laps.

Happy overall though I did allow the Beemer to get out of shape a little too often in the heat of battle, but my results were satisfying.

Most importantly a very enjoyable nights racing with you all. This track was very quick and exciting and was a gr8 choice for the Friday Night Club:good:.

Thanks to Eric and Keith for your efforts and to everyone racing 2nite.

Looking 4ward to the next one already:).

7. Marty Pierce

Marty Pierce

Ratings:
    +6
    Took a few races off and picked a good one to come back to tonight at Cleveland.

Quali was good for 4th with 116 flat

Race-1
    Started a little slow then settled in behind Michael around 5th or 6th. We had a good fight for position with Abdul following close. I got by Michael and was now in 4th behind Ryan. Was only holding even with Ryan until he had to take the stop and go moving me up to 3rd. Could see Brandon and Keith but could not close any ground. Abdul was close enough to feel the pressure so I worked hard to make a small gap. Last lap on the exit from the double right I tagged the wall hard enough to knock the splitter off the front and send me into a spin. Lost 3 places there and finished in 6th. Was lucky to continue as the voice said my race was over but I still got to the finish. Grats to Brandon on the win. Nice racing with everyone around me very clean and well fought.

Race 2
    Made ok launch settled into 4th. Stayed close with Phillip I think in the old M3 and then managed to get by him for 3rd. Was closing on Michael and Ryan when they touched in turn 1 handing me the lead. I had a small gap to Ryan and went into my pit still in 1st. Came out of pit behind Ryan now and then 1 lap later Gary came out of his pit ahead of me just behind Ryan. Made a couple of small mistakes that opened a gap to Ryan and Gary. A few laps later Gary took a pit moving me back into 2nd. Had 3 seconds to Ryan that I could not close and finished a satisfying 2nd. Great win Ryan welcome back. Grats to Brandon on a well deserved overall win WD.

Most fun Ive had in a while. Thanks Eric and Keith for all the hard work raising the level of fun and competition on Fridays. Good to see the Euro old guard - Gary, Michael, Lewis, Ryan and others at our event thx.:music2:

8. Péter Bártfai

Péter Bártfai

Ratings:
    +110
    It was me in the Peugeot:)

9. Will Marquez

Will Marquez

Ratings:
    +18
    Qualified 9th.

1st race: About the contact Glenn, no worries man. Almost took out Luis trying to get back on track as I thought it was clear to get back on. Sorry about that Luis. With suspension damage ended up finishing in the middle of the pack.

2nd race: Started 10th. Got off to a really bad start, switching gears too early. Settle into a groove and start to put in some good laps. Then caught up to Marcel and we had a great battle for a few laps as we were almost bumper to bumper but couldn't pass him cleanly. As it was coming down to the final laps, shoot thru the chicane near the pits and overtake Marcel and Kevin onto the straight. Final lap, rear tire hits the grass and able to recover but lose two spots. At the finish line Marcel gets me by one car length.

Here are a few pics from the second race as there was a great battle between 4-5 cars battling for points.

1st one: Abdul, Marcel and myself
    2nd: overtaking Kevin and Marcel
    last: finish line between Marcel and the guy with a weird quiksilver fetish :)

Thanks for the race guys! And thanks to Eric and Keith as well!

Attached Files:

10. Yuri Braham

Yuri Braham

Ratings:
    +22
    Neil,

I am very sorry that i hit you. I had a good start, and when i tried to brake i accidently stepped on the clutch pedal instead of the brakes. I tried to dodge as many cars on the track (50 cars from my point of view:liquor::sick2: ). But then i hitted you in the rear.
    Really sorry Neil. Don't hate me!

11. Michael Carver

Michael Carver

Ratings:
    +57
    Notes From the Back Marker

Qualified 17: Messed up on entrance to T7 ... even if I hadn't, would have only made 15th if I was lucky

Race 1:

Lap 1: I guess every one thought they were offering free topless car washes in turn 1 as I drop back to 21st to allow the suckers to get there first. Kevin and Bob tangle (Bob must have thought it safer to cut through the grass than mix with the gaggle in T1) so I come out of T1 in 19th.

Jarrod looks to have forgotten the chicane at T9 and goes wide, bounces back on the track collecting Peter. Marcel slows to avoid the mess and is punted hard by Lewis and ends up rolling and tumbling into the grass. Somehow I thread the needles and come out 15th.

Lap 2: Daniel out-brakes me into T1, but we have slight contact as he can't quite hold the inside line, down to 16th.

More mayhem ahead sends me to 11th.

Lap 3: Paul gets into my right rear quarter panel exiting T6 which gets me a little out of shape. I gather it back up as Paul holds back. Now I'm in Lucky 13th.

Lap 5: Will has pulled himself back up and is pressing me hard.

Lap 6: I've moved to 12th after Daniel loses ground after a tangle in T8. End the lap in 11th (must have passed someone in the pits).

Lap 7: Finally let Will by, moving me back to 12th.

Lap 8: I'm in 9th after Will and others pit, I'll be pitting next time by for 4 tires

Lap 9: Man, that's a long pit road! -- come out 16th

Lap 10: Some how I am now back to lucky 13 (more folks in the pits?) Kevin is just flying out of the pits and blows by in T1.

Lap 13: I am now gaining on Kevin, but it looks like the laps will wind down before I can reach him.

Lap 14: Perhaps I will let Glenn by (who appears to be at least a lap down) in hopes that he can pressure Kevin for me.

Lap 16: Nope, didn't work, Kevin just went faster. Finish Lucky 13!

Race 2

Lap 1: Seems that folks didn't realize that there weren't any free topless car washes in T1 (just free towing service), so I slip back to 18th coming into T1

Lap 2: Down to 19th. This time it's Daniel into my right rear coming into T6. Daniel holds back while I gather it back.

Lap 8: I am now 11th after passing those in the pits (and some other miscues?) and I am trying to pressure Jarrod who is battling with Luis. However, Ryan thinks he is better suited to that task and flies by me going into T7. Brandon tries to follow him coming out of T7 but can't quite keep his car inside -- again the right rear quarter panel (gotta check for a bulls-eye sticker there --- yeah that must be it!) spins me around into the grass with suspension damage -- oh well, I was pitting this time round anyway. Enter the pits 13th (with the long pit road and repairs I should have brought some reading material). Come out 18th.

[replay is not showing lap numbers]

It's real lonely out here now, but I am up to 16th even though I haven't seen a soul (just like offline practice). Now 15th, but where is everybody? What's that speck I see ahead, it's Bob and somehow I am now in 14th. I've been so alone and I need some company, so I start reeling Bob in. Only a couple laps left and I'm finally on his tail by T8. If I can just get by him, I'll be in Lucky 13 again!

Last lap, T7 is my only hope. I go in deep and tight on the inside. Bob doesn't go as wide as I hoped and we rub fenders. So as not to wreck us both, I push hard to make T8 before he does and go a little too hard and brush the wall on exit (sorry Bob didn't mean to scare you like that, but it was the final lap).

Finish Lucky 13 again with a 12th place standing overall.

ATCC looks very promising. Should be challenging and fun.....

12. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia

Ratings:
    +251
    :embarrassed:Doh, yes it was the 407:).

It was important 4 me to get you there as you were defending well. Not sure I would of got past you otherwise:good:.

13. Brandon Lawson

Brandon Lawson

Ratings:
    +0

Sorry about that had a big run on you Then i saw that target and could not resist. JK.

14. Michael Carver

Michael Carver

Ratings:
    +57
    No problem, looking at the replay from your ride, I would of tried the same... Hmmmm as a matter of fact I think I did the same on Bob in the final lap (only, darn it, there was no sticker :shock: on his car, so we only rubbed fenders:wink2:).

Now if you had done it three times (like Stremme did to R. Gordon this Monday at Pocono), well, then :terminator:

15. Jarrod Keen

Jarrod Keen

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm profoundly sorry for my T9 first lap crash. It was quite inexplicable. My car just wouldn't turn in. I must have not slowed enough for the chicaine. Peter. I owe you one... really sorry bro.

My night was a disappointment all around other than enjoying all your company and the fact that our group is so big and strong!!!

Practice and quali showed that I was a second and a half off my times that I was running on server throughout the week. It's quite inexplicable. I must have just forgotten how to drive OR maybe I was taking a turn or 2 wrong.. but that was a new problem for me. Anyway, I qualified in the 14th spot.

Race 1: I am now a very good starter. I picked up 3 places thru the first turn and was running 11th when I made it down the back straight.... into the chicaine.... and into the wall. Sorry again guys.

Race 2: Starting 24th because of my stellar performance in race 1... I got yet another fantastic jump and made up 3 spots. After making a good early throttle exit from T1, I nipped bob and spun him and had to wait up so it put me in 22 or 23rd. I can't remember exactly but I believe I made it as high as 14th or 15th and then hit a wall finishing up my day. I took a tumble in T1 again as reported in an earlier thread as I was t-boned as I turned in. Damage to the car made it a challenge.

Tough night but I put it all squarely on my shoulders.... I'll get better.

Fun times... can't wait until the championship.

16. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Desperate to keep up with me hehe :p

17. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    LOL yeah I had that sim too!!!! this was a great track for those quick machines!:snicker:

18. Eric Nelson

Eric Nelson

Ratings:
    +53
    sorry I missed this one it sounds like a terrific event as usual!

here's clips of one of our fighters last night. OUr guy is keegan in the black trunks w/ white logo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v7_UkvDi38[/ame] round 2 early

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQarLMe0qkY[/ame] round 2 2nd half

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re4LJ6sgemY[/ame] round 3. when he leaves the picture he throws 5 punches and lands 3 followed by a viscious roundhouse kick to the ribs and then picks the guy up and drops him hard. i am so stoked I cannot hold the camera where it needs to be. LOL yeah thats me screaming at him like a lunatic too.

19. Brandon Lawson

Brandon Lawson

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah just couldn't get there lol lucky i made that mistake though :p

20. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    HAha - I dunno, I was holding you at arms length up until then :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.