RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Was a fun race through and through. Hard to chase down Adam who was on another level, well done man.

Quali: I ran a fairly decent lap which I thought would be good enough for pole, but had Ryan, and Adam after me who both pushed me back to 3rd.

Race 1: Got a good launch and got by Ryan, and up on Adams bumper. Entering the sweeping right hander I hit Adams bumper and went wide...this sent me back into P7. Down the long straight I was able to draft Eric and get by Yves on the outside. As we went through the S bend before the pit straight on lap 1 I was able to get by Eric. Now chasing Abdul, Ryan, and Adam. On Lap 2 adam made a nifty pass on Ryan to take the lead which was what I didnt want. Abdul and ryan are now battling and this allows me to close up on them. Now Right on Abduls bumper I am pushing him to make a mistake when he runs over the curbing entering the S bend. The very next lap Ryan over the jump almost flipped it, and This allows me by. Now with a gap to Adam, I am pushing hard before pit stops. I am now Listening to every gasp, curse word, and gulp from TS to hear when Adam makes a mistake. With the gap growing smaller, I decided to pit before Adam. Nailed my pit stop with 2 tires and resume on track in 4th behind Yuri. I knew I had to put in alot of hot laps to get out in front of Adam. As I approached Yuri coming to the pit straight he went wide and onto the outside curb which sent him wildly into me who was inside and this caused him to spin. I waited, and Yuri said to go on TS. This was the end of my race to catch Adam. After waiting for Yuri I came out in 3rd behind Ryan. Pushed hard for the remainder of the race catching Ryan, and hoping for a 2nd, over the jump he got squirrly again and this allowed me to get a run and get by settling in for a 2nd place finish.

Race 2: This race had some incredible action. Instead of writing im going to create a video from mostly my point of view, and a few others. Also take note...that I am an idiot...I am the skinpack compiler but I didnt have everyones skins installed (SORRY!) Including my own teammate Will. I finished 2nd in this event again to Adam who was on a mission.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCUG4kfLwyw[/ame]

This even was alot of fun, and everyone showed great skills in tight quarters. Great work everyone, well done adam.

Thanks RD, and to Eric for everything.

Keith

Attachments

• Ryan Near flip.JPG
    Ryan Near flip.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 212
Thanks to Keith for sending us the invitation.

In my case I already have plans for this Wednesday (an appointment I can't miss) but I expect to participate consistently from next week on, although probably will regularly join half hour late (8:30 EST).

Sorry for not being able to do some traffic this time! I would love to participate tough.

Thanks.

Phew, just finished the two day event, and again lots of fun. Cam, Glenn and I had a ball on TS, sharing stories of spectacular accidents, insults about french cars (Cam was in love with the Clio :poop: I think), lots of cursing about bumps and hopeless co-drivers, and the odd mention of Cam's unfortunate health affliction. 'ear, 'ear I say.

Geez, last time I play, "What's Leaking" with you guys! Lucky it wasn't my... anyway.

Maybe a good idea: For all those on TS, let's start the stage at the same time and then wait till everyone is finished .....

Missed you tonight Peter! This really does add to the event, rather than people off doing their own thing. Nice to share the sad tales during the event.

Think I said it last event Andrew, but I'll say it again... You are a cruel cruel man. This was bloody tough for me.

As for the Clio...:struggle: I now know how it feels to drive a beach ball. Never before, have I had a car roll, just because it wants to. Still, I am glad I joined, thanks Andrew.

Not so good than yesterday, i totally jumped out of the road at Bizanne :beat-up:(30s penalty and destroyed my windshield). It was very hard to finish this stage cause of the very bad visibility:bulgy-eyes:. I made a 180° at Greenhills II and at Mineshaft II, i went 2 times in the bad direction (very tired at this moment :sleepin:).

Thanks Andrew and all of you guys for the fun :thumb:

Cyu next time, but maybe not this next week because i have to train for the 1st STC event (3rd of September).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%