RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Entrylist:
  1. Rafael Barbosa
  2. Yves Larose
  3. Abdul Ahmed
  4. Michel Salvador
  5. Keith Barrick
  6. Paul Wood
  7. Robert Isles
  8. Will Marquez
  9. Ehys Gardiner
  10. Philip Antionia
  11. Willie Watt
  12. Claudio Carferri
  13. Glenn Peterson
  14. Michael Carver
  15. Bill Kaiser
  16. Gary Lennon
  17. Eric Nelson
  18. Sel Orme
  19. Matthew Trivett
  20. Brandon Lawson
  21. Timothy Miller
  22. Adam Vaughan
  23. Yuri Braham
  24. John Sydenstricker
  25. Driver

Was very tired after an early morning, but I really wanted to be present in this last event of the RDVLN series put together by Yves.

I wasn’t present in all of them, far from it, but did a good share of these events and had good fun doing it. :good:

Qualifying (2nd)
By now most of us really know this track very well, was a bit far from my PB for a two lapper at the Nord for the class and above all was very tired and had a few exits. The result was I only managed to put in one timed lap.

Race 1 (3rd)

I knew I should be slower than Bruno, but I did have the fastest car in straight line of the event. So if somehow I could jump him in the start, as there are no clear overtaking points in the Nord short of the power-hill, maybe I had a chance.

From 2nd on the grid did managed, to jump to 1st, I knew he would be faster in the high aerodynamic support areas so I would be holding him, all I needed was the concentration and not to do mistakes.

But when one is tired, the mistakes are something very hard to keep away.

On the 2nd lap, at the flugplatz (airfield, quick 240km/h right hander at the beginning) did a newbie mistake and although without touching the wall did a big grass excursion. Although on a zone favorable to my setup, with this Bruno was really on top of me and I decided it was fair to him (since I was really holding him and making mistakes) to leave the door open.

From there it was a kind of calm drive in 2nd; Bruno quickly won about 4 seconds in his most favorable circuit part only to be losing a bit less than 2 seconds in the parts favorable to me, so naturally he built a comfortable lead.

The 3rd and final lap came about, Bruno up ahead 4 seconds and Gary behind about the same time and I with nothing to follow or to wary about.

Tired minds drift away to other non simrace thoughts, on the last 3rd made funny mistake that made me do 2 spins and seeing the other Lister go by… Well, I could have smashed into a wall, so I guess that definitely could be worst. In the end was 3rd, with 2 fast event participants up-head, didn’t trash anyone’s race so in a way was quite pleased with the result.

Race 2 (1st)

With the grid inversion, as usual this race was a very different “animal”… With 3rd in 1st race was 6th on the grid with Bruno right behind.

Remembering well the good start he did once from similar position, this time I closed the inside line better keeping him there :wink2:

Unfortunately, while doing the 1st turn I could see very well behind the pile-up involving 2 of my event direct adversaries. Right there I saw how they dropped to below the middle of the pack, leaving me potentially with this one in the bag in away one never wishes…. Well, I though, all I have to do is to keep this 4th and arriving at the power-hill do the draft overtakes, I’m too tired for anything fancy.

While calmly “sailing” in 4th (although everyone was very near from 1st to 5th), entering the bridge I really jumped on my sit has unexpectedly a C5R used my C6R as a "brake pillow". Result, bump behind, bump in the front, a car losing 3 km/h in 5th, and 5 km/h in 6th on the quick parts.

Well this certainly spiced the things up a bit… at the power-hill the things were no longer easy any more, but nevertheless managed to arrive 1st at the last chicane entrance (Hohenrain). With the recent long overtake this time I wasn’t asleep so when a 2nd bump in the rear sent me into the wall again, at least I didn’t jump on my sit this time. Another C6R made rear contact with my C6R; this just goes to prove that Corvettes did have an attraction to each other in this event. As I did a full spin, dropped to 2nd with 1st 3 secs up-ahead… the car was now doing 5km/h less in 5th and a staggering 7km/h less up the power-hill (6th gear) all result of aerodynamic decay (I didn’t lost the splitter nor the wing).

In the last lap the S7R up-ahead (Giorgio Migazzi) was doing interesting slides so in the end I did managed to close into the draft on the power-hill… gained the inside line, I’m sure he had pity of my damaged car, so he let me go by in Hohenrain without much effort :wink2:

Congratulations to Bruno and Gary for the 1st race, congratulations to Giorgio and Miguel for the podium in the 2nd race.
Thanks everyone who participated, in a way in normal circumstances the first race (the “cleanest”) would be my favorite, but as I was very tired, the “action” of the 2nd kind of kept me awake :D

Thanks Yves for the event organization, and above all for the entire series at this great circuit :)

Btw, get that shoulder well, Ferrari’s “spa” facilities are at your entire disposal as you will be "needed" at the coming Monza event.

As usual thanks RD for race & forum server.

Havn't had a chance to do a race report as yet but here is another angle of that finish. I watched, rewind & watched, rinsed and repeated and stuffed if i could tell who was in front.
Ohh yes and the skin was great. Thanks Jarrod, it is one of yours isn't it?

Attachments

• tight-finish.jpg
    tight-finish.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 210
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%