RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Entrylist:
  1. Yves Larose -SKIN-
  2. Andriy Melnikov
  3. Dennis Phelan
  4. Dario Jagar
  5. Emilio Vrkic
  6. Michal Szabo
  7. Dan Coldrick
  8. Stefan Beemsterboer
  9. Freddie Besems
  10. Richard Pijlman
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

1st race on this track and had a blast. Made a couple laps in practice but still allot of work to get up to speed here.

Quali 21st with one spin.

Race 1
Made a cautious start and then when things settled down found myself racing behind Frank. We stayed close the entire race and I really enjoyed racing with him. My pace picked up as I went and I started to find a little rhythm. In the end I was up to 10th from starting 21st so thats ok.

Race 2 Very crazy 1st half lap and was back from 10th to 18th. Settled down again and made my best lap at 6:50 on lap 2. Again I moved back up to around 10th to 12th at the end not sure cause I thing some of the top spots exited before I finished about 1 minute later. Really enjoyed the racing and next time I will have better pace I'm sure. Grats to the podiums. Thanks for giving me your spot Yves see ya next time, Marty

Qualification: Nobody hit me this time, so I could beat my pb and qualified at 7:03. But I slowed down Ingo Voellinger by not allowing him to pass. That was not intentional, sorry mate :(

Race 1:

119 sec - collided with Aston Martin of Frank Herfjord as he didn't keep his lane but drove optimal race path, moved into my lane and shifted me gently off track.

141 sec - Marty Pierce drives onto grass, loses control and goes off track on his own, without anyone hitting him. When he recovers, he drives from left roadside to right lane, collides with me despite I'm riding on right kerb. He gets spun, and I merely lose control. Then I stop to let him pass, and that's it.

Then Frank Herfjord hits Dan Watson and slows down to let him pass. So Marty Pierce catches up, but cannot overtake. So he keeps putting pressure on Frank, and I catch them up to the point I can see them, and we go this way for a few turns. But then I drive onto kerb and lose control when I accelerate out of turn.

The rest of Lap 1, whole Lap 2 and first part of Lap 3 are single-player for me - there are no one in sight. But then Klyde Parker reaches me after his pit-stop. He puts pressure on me, and then overtakes, but after a few turns he makes a mistake and I overtake him again, scratching him lightly.

Then we both overtake Frank Herfjord. Apparently, he drives at economical 3500 rpm range, trying to save fuel. We continue driving in tandem till the finish straight. Then I mess with switching from 5th to 6th, and Frank starts to get closer and closer to me. Or maybe it was my aerodynamic drag he used... I'm not sure if Evo simulates drag at all.

At the end of the final straight on Lap 3 a drama happens. First, Klyde overtakes me in the right turn near the pits by cutting the track. Not fair, but I'm not any better - see later. Then at the final turn to the finish I overtake him again by squeezing him between my car and a wall.

So I finish 14, and he is 15.

First of all, I would like to thank for this nice race :)

Qualification
5th place, time - 6:38 something (almost my best time)

Race 1
Exciting (three cars side by side) and clean start, soon after that I drove alone in 4th place.

Race 2
Not clean start, I want to apologize to Gary Lennon, Bruno Said and Marty Pierce for colision in first corner. I knocked into Gary car and in consequence of it, Bruno and Marty get out of track too. Sorry
After that I was somewhere in the middle, and slowly moved forward to 4th place (again), but definitely I need to be more careful on starts.

Thanks Yves and RD.

If there is a empty slot can i be signed up, please?
gt pro class with db9.

signedup.png

Race 2 starts pretty well, until at 139 seconds Frank Herfjord hits Gary Lennon, and 3 wheels of Gary's Lister get into air. So they slow down, I break and hit Frank gently into back, so he barely notices. But my rear wheels get onto grass, I get spun and perform a magic stunt of parking myself on grass, facing backwards, without hitting anyone (it was uncontrolled spin, of course, but looked fantastic on replay).

This spin moves me from 15th to the end of grid, and I realize that it's not a multiplayer game for me any more. But then I see Frank Herfjord standing on right kerb. There are plenty of space ahead, so can decide where to drive, and decide to drive at he left lane after the corner. But then suddenly Frank oversteers during acceleration and gets spun right ahead of me.. I hit brakes and try to avoid, but on replay I see that my side still touches a corner of his back and he gets some momentum.

In the game I didn't realize that I scratched him, so I kept moving and eventually reached Ollie Chamberlain and Garry Lennon. Ollie was hit by Gary on carousel and got spun, so he waited for Ollie to recover, and Ollie crashed at such a bad place on track that there were no chance of perform a U-turn without causing an accident, so Ollie had to let everybody pass.

Ollie just recovered, and was approaching Garry, and Garry was accelerating slowly, as he had to let Ollie overhead him. So I overtook Garry, but Ollie was much faster then I so he disappeared from my sight rather quickly.

The rest of Lap 1 was single-player for me. On Lap 2 I failed to break at a turn and got spun. I saw Frank Herfjord approaching, so I merely waited for him to pass and didn't try a U-turn. But then Frank makes the same mistake as me and hits my front at 90 kph. I of course lose my splitter, and the rest of race I will fight with degraded downforce.

Frank lets me overtake him, and then we travel in tandem, both making bad mistakes. Eventually I start making more mistakes than him, and he overtakes. But then I approach him again. On the final straight of Lap 2 my lack of splitter allows for better top speed, so I get closer and closer. This puts pressure on Frank, he fails to brake properly after the straight, loses his splitter too and I overtake him.

Then because of no splitter my front wheels fail to follow landscape and get airborne, and my R8 performs a crazy wheelie. Fortunately I recover from wheelie without loss of control, and drive the rest 3rd lap without major accidents.

stcc.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
Class: STCC / WTCC '07&'06

Track:Detroit 1988 --> link

Start Time: Saturday 1.00 GMT / Friday 9.00PM EST USA / Saturday 11.00am AEST AUS
Practice: 30mins
Qualification: 15mins - Superpole
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x10 laps - One mandatory pit per race with 2 tire change.

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Friday night group [click] to join

Weather
TBA

Hey guys, this is a quick summary of how things should go tonite for this race. It involves setting up prerace, racing, etiquette, and a few other reminders.

Practice:

Here you should be getting a handle on your car, whether it is wet or dry. Get comfortable racing around others, and get your awareness up.

You should also be practicing your pit stops. As with all Friday races we require a mandatory 2 tire stop each race. The practice will help you with pit entry, and prevent you from getting a stop and go because of speeding into pit lane.

Now as added excitement of the Friday races, we have chaging weather. With this in mind during practice you should set a few presets. Here are exmaples of mine:

1) Two dry front tires
2) All four dry tires
3) Two wet front Tires
4) All four wet tires
5) Full damage repair

Setting these presets will decrease your chances of having a problem when pitting.

Also it is beneficial to practice both with full race fuel, and with qualifying fuel. Running all your practice with 5-10 liters of fuel will not help when you put in your 30 litres for race time as it adds weight and changes the car.

Qualifying:

We run 15 minutes of Super pole which is an incdividual qualification. When you leave the pits you have 3 laps and they are as follows:

1) Outlap - Used to warm up tires. Also do not damage car this lap :)
2) Hotlap - Your one and ONLY lap to qualify with. It is sometimes better to relax a bit so you do not make a mistake and run off leaving you with a poor qualification and bad starting position
3) Inlap - A cool down lap which you run and enter the pits when finished , you can hit escape when done your hotlap, but it is more fun and real to finish the inlap and also gives you another chance to practice pitting in.

****WHEN YOU ENTER THE TRACK, ONCE YOU RETURN TO PITS, EITHER BY ESC OR DRIVING IN YOU CANNOT GO BACK ON TRACK****

Warmup:

Use this session to get comfortable with race fuel, and to once again practice you pit stops. At this point make sure you have all your presets set in place, and you are comfortable and ready to race. Also a good time to hit the bathroom!

Race:

Now the Friday events have such large fields, on track behaviour is critical. Because one aggresive move, doesnt just affect you and one car, but more like 5-10 cars. Remember this! Everyone is here to have fun just like the other, but think about how one move takes the fun out of it for another. We all like to do well, and make passes, but think of the big picture. Races are decent length, with changing weather, and with pit stops. Things happen and the race unfolds. Let it get there, use caution the first lap.

A few rules of thumb when around multiple cars.

1) Be aware of cars behind, and their position. Do not just think about the car in front. The car behind is just as important
2) When changing lanes to pass, or miss cars ran off, check before changing
3) If you are defending, and attempting to block. You can only make one lane change. There is no swerving to block
4) If a car has a run on you and you see him go inside, BE AWARE. You cannot just turn into a car that is fully beside you (and I mean nose to nose beside you). He is there, and you have to concede position. More then likely if you turn into him and he is there you are going off and your race is hindered
5) When entering pits do so in a safe manner that does not cause obstructions for others.
6) When re-entering the track from the pits, please do so in a safe manner. However remember that you ARE racing for position. Remain behind the line until it breaks, but do not pull a Schumacher and swerve into the lane of a full speed car. (this ends in sorrow)
7) When you are receiving the blue flag, do not panic. Have a look behind and see how close, and plan for a safe spot to allow them by. You do not need to jam your brakes on. Simply back off the throttle off the race line and they will find their way as they are at full pace.

That is all I can think of for now, but I wanted to share this with everyone as we have started having alot of new players join us. I know this is just a refresher for some, but also at the top is a bit of strategy that I use prerace.

I suggest to everyone that races on fridays to use teamspeak, even if you dont have a Mic. It is beneficial, because if someone runs off they announce it, and it gives early warning. Even if you leave it on but on quiet.

Also everyone prerace please remember to download the Most recent skinpack.

Thanks to all the new guys for trying out racing with us, and to all the regulars who race week in week out. I see big things coming for these friday nights and its all because of you guys.

Hope this Summary helps out, I will repost is for each event.

Keith Barrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.3%
  • < 4 years