Tracks Sandevoerde - F3 Classic Tracks.

Some more work done. Brake, grovee and sand effects. Still to do paint lines and curbs!!
If everything goes well this updated will be ready by sunday.
Enjoy it :)

20170722152139_1.jpg
20170722152201_1.jpg
20170722152227_1.jpg

Hello everyone!!
New updated for both Full Track and TEST version track.

Most of work was done with track surface, both visual and physical.
Visual :
Add Grovee
Add Brake skids
Add Sand/Dust Effect
Add Missing curbs
Add Paint Lines, S/F Line.
Curbs are white now.

Right now the "sand/dust" effect is only visual, i think special effect can be add here, but this is for next updated. Please let me know if you like this effect.
I had the idea of create 2 different textures for this effect, with difference of width beetween 2 textures. More on this later.
I just get informed (thanks Robbert) that bridge over front straight was not present at early 60's, bridge still there but i am going to put this as a option on upcoming updates, maybe with option of remove forest as it was back on 1966.

Physical :
Add random bumps all around track.

From experience with previus tracks, some drivers feel the same track too bumpy and others love it. To deal with this i create 6 different physical road mesh, each one with a different level of bumps.
This meshes are located at "ROAD MESH" folder, there is 6 sub folder (N15,N25,N35,N45,N55,N65) each one with a pyshical mesh. Track default is N35. To try other mesh just copy the sandev_road.kn5 file from selected folder into main track folder, content/tracks/sandev_f3ct.
Any doubt about this topic just let me know.

Still to do some tweaks at race surface, the pit asphalt was dark that race surface, there was some small patch here and there.
After this tweaks, i am going to focus on terrain/grass and vegetation and fix all this areas.

TEST TRACK UPDATE DOWNLOAD HERE

Please note difference between TEST and Full version it is only visual, track mesh is the same for both tracks.

I hope you enjoy this update!!
Best wishes

Sergio Loro
www.f3classictracks.com

The grass is growing vertically from the slope of the bank, it looks a bit strange at that angle. Grass grows straight up, no matter what angled surface it is on.

I've been looking at lots of 1967 Zandvoort photos and yes the grass was a bit rough, but it wasn't crazily overgrown. It wasn't that dark green either, considering the GP was in summer and in quite a dry, sandy landscape - mostly a mix of yellow and green shades.

http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/ne...ch-gp-at-zandvoort-4-june-picture-id590679501

Last edited:
Sergio, this track is so much fun to drive! Was GPL really 20 years ago? The F1 Classic '67 Legends are spectacular to drive here. The road surface is challenging and you have to love the fast sweeping right handers. Tunnel Oost! All the best with the continued refinements to this classic circuit.

Hi Sergio. This track is on it's way to become very special! Love the overall mood and composition. Brings back good memories (being an older Dutch racefan). Some minor things maybe:

when a car is in the pits on the first part of the pit, it will be parked half in the haystacks. When passing on the straight you get a yellow flag for that parked car. May I suggest more sandarea's on track at places that are really exposed to the sandduneparts without vegetation, especially on track on the right side along the steep dunes at Scheivlak. The track was really exposed to winds coming from the Northsea nearby. So it would be logical.

Thanks for all feedback.
grass growing vertically from the slope of the bank, yes i am aware of this, so far i did not found other way to represent this area, well, i have some ideas but i have to implement it.
track was less dark on first versions, but i change because when you use pp filter it looks extremely bright.
i had the idea of create 2 set of grass, one greeny and other sandy :) and let to you to pick one.
Thanks for point out the pit problem, something to fix for sure :)
glad to know you are enjoying the track :)
cheers

Sergio Loro
www.f3classictracks.com

• Deleted member 130869

Only natural and natural mod filter should be used for creating anything

Bravo Sergio ! I can not stop driving the track, The terrain, the road, the vegetation, presented objects, physical mesh everything is really good. You are really going for this track, I'm definitelly going to buy full package, because it is just simply awesome ! :)

I really like how you managed the colors, and fixed wrong trees ilumination, which was there in the past.

What can I give you for feedback ? At this moment there is nothing big to care about, and I think you can just carry on. Though some little stuff could be tweaked IMO

1. Sandy hills has these grass patches, but they looks like dots, not really natural, make a bit more natural patches, IDK if it was growing in nice circles. But overall terrain is beautiful.
2. Tires skid marks and groove texture looks a bit messy to me. Not sure about the groove, but skidmarks looks a bit blurred out, while they should have sharper edges.
3. Tarmac texture and shading is beautiful, but I think it has a bit too much shining, tarmac can be so shiny when it is wet, or even blinding shiny of course, IDK, I'd tone down the shine just by very little.
4. Move hotlap spawning point further back, so it would be possible to start first lap full speed.

Impressive stuff !

Last edited:
I am fixing the effect of the grass, so that it is shown perpendicularly, as it happens in reality, and not as it was and previously was warned.
Thanks Mantas for your comment, as always, I will take note of everything and try to improve it in the next delivery. You always deliver very good information and it is a pleasure to read your reports, you have helped me a lot to improve Hockenheim so I will always be grateful to you.
20170806134550_1.jpg
20170806135518_1.jpg

Last edited:
No problem, I like the tracks you do, you make great tracks ! :)

I like Sandevoerde more and more, it is simply a great track.

I think it would be nice to have reverb effect at forrest area, after passing the red brick wall. I also noticed that at that place performance gets smoother :D

I'm pushing the blue button here:
https://www.f3classictracks.com/

Lookin' great! I'm in the middle of sorting out/planning to pick up my life, pack 30 years into a hatchback and move across the country, but once I'm over there at the end of September this will be a must-buy for me, along with the RSS 79 (and hopefully the RSS4 ;) ).

Nice work mate! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back