San Francisco  Street Circuit for AMS

Tracks San Francisco Street Circuit for AMS v1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

San Francisco Street Circuit for AMS - Six layouts including reversed versions

Hi Guys

Here we have another track converted by myself, many of you will probably remember this track and hopefully you can enjoy this track again in AMS.

San Francisco Street Circuit for AMS

At first I wasn't really sure about this track, the conversion to Rfactor 1 wasn't the best but having reworked several hundred textures with many new one's the track actually looks pretty decent now.

Hopefully you guys will enjoy this one.

Update details:

Besides having reworked just about every...

Read more about this resource...

Black skies during the 19:00 h qualifying time. I tested reverting to the AMS standard GDB entries and Q is fixed, but then the daylight skies are black!

Will require some trial and error to find the right latitude and date combination unless you can see the co-ordinates in the original track with Max :(

Black skies during the 19:00 h qualifying time. I tested reverting to the AMS standard GDB entries and Q is fixed, but then the daylight skies are black!

Will require some trial and error to find the right latitude and date combination unless you can see the co-ordinates in the original track with Max :(
Those are the original settings that were in the gbd file, only added skies and sun.

Did test at 5 30pm to check for the sun, didn't bother testing later because the track does not support night racing. Will have to have a look and on next update should be able to fix it.

This will unfortunately only be after the weekend when I have time again.

If someone can sort it out before I can make a quick update.

Those are the original settings that were in the gbd file, only added skies and sun.

Did test at 5 30pm to check for the sun, didn't bother testing later because the track does not support night racing. Will have to have a look and on next update should be able to fix it.

This will unfortunately only be after the weekend when I have time again.

If someone can sort it out before I can make a quick update.

I also thought the simplest solution was just to get rid of the 7 pm qualifying, but the settings need to be optimized. This is a common issue with track conversion. If you do not have the proper tools (Max), then trial and error with testing the full range of daylight hours is needed. Agree that night can be ignored because none of the night lighting would be there anyway. The first settings to try in case there is good luck would be from Shibuya:

Latitude = 36 // degs from Equator (range: -90 to 90, positive is Northern Hemisphere)
NorthDirection = 0 // the direction of North in degrees (range: 0 to 359)
RaceDate = July 9 // default date for the race

EDIT: Nope, those do not work for San Fran :(

@Marc Collins

I think I have managed to fix the skies and set the right settings in the scn. and gbd file with a different sky.gmt, will have to test them again tonight to make sure, that's if I have time and then change all the new track files in the different versions and make a new upload.

The correct latitude for San Francisco is 37.7749° if one really wants to be picky.

Appreciate the feedback and help, really makes a difference when others show interest and are able to help.

Regards

ClimaxF1

@Marc Collins

So I have being trying a bunch of different settings and used Laguna Seca as a starting point.

Entering all the correct settings and adding new skies so that one has a proper day night cycle leaves me with one problem, lighting.

The track as it is or the way the way I originally did offers really nice lighting around the track. As soon as I use the correct latitude and all other settings and files one has poor lighting.

The new settings and files are correct, problem is that the sun sets on the other side now and creates different lighting, much darker. With the new sun direction one is always in the building shadows, or most of the time which doesn't really look good.

So what do I do, I can change the original gbd practice session to a earlier time since night lighting is not supported on this track, this would be the easy option.

Otherwise and hear me out (some madness to my solution), this track is fictional, so the latitude does not have to be spot on or any of the other settings. The most important thing to me is to have a good lighting no matter the time.

I have tried many files and settings and have found one that works and offers really nice lighting, one also has a full day night cycle.

Sun sets more or less in the same direction as it should be, lightly off and at a different angle if that makes any sense.

All sessions from early morning to late afternoons work and really look good. Have moved the 7pm session to 5 30pm for the best sunset and lighting.

Give these settings a try and let me know. Have only done the GP version and these new files will overwrite existing one's so just back up before.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LPYtuzprXVBinAv8LNvfiVVm4Y1lEt0S

Will wait to hear from you, should we keep the new settings and files or just move the practise session times in the original.

Last edited:
@Marc Collins

So I have being trying a bunch of different settings and used Laguna Seca as a starting point.

Entering all the correct settings and adding new skies so that one has a proper day night cycle leaves me with one problem, lighting.

The track as it is or the way the way I originally did offers really nice lighting around the track. As soon as I use the correct latitude and all other settings and files one has poor lighting.

The new settings and files are correct, problem is that the sun sets on the other side now and creates different lighting, much darker. With the new sun direction one is always in the building shadows, or most of the time which doesn't really look good.

So what do I do, I can change the original gbd practice session to a earlier time since night lighting is not supported on this track, this would be the easy option.

Otherwise and hear me out (some madness to my solution), this track is fictional, so the latitude does not have to be spot on or any of the other settings. The most important thing to me is to have a good lighting no matter the time.

I have tried many files and settings and have found one that works and offers really nice lighting, one also has a full day night cycle.

Sun sets more or less in the same direction as it should be, lightly off and at a different angle if that makes any sense.

All sessions from early morning to late afternoons work and really look good. Have moved the 7pm session to 5 30pm for the best sunset and lighting.

Give these settings a try and let me know. Have only done the GP version and these new files will overwrite existing one's so just back up before.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LPYtuzprXVBinAv8LNvfiVVm4Y1lEt0S

Will wait to hear from you, should we keep the new settings and files or just move the practise session times in the original.

You can never use the correct latitude unless you can bake that into the original track co-ordinates, so have no concern about ignoring that. Just find a fake setting that produces the correct sunrise and sunset times (for any time of year you prefer--and it also will not align with the date in the GDB). Then, the lighting should be OK/similar to other tracks.

I will test as you have hopefully found the sweet spot!

EDIT: You did! Great work--it looks beautiful at 5:30 especially.

You might want to use latest AMS standards by eliminating the following lines from the GDB's that are now all set by the AMS UI or in the series definitions:

TestDaystart = 10:00
Practice1Day = Friday
Practice1Start = 10:00
Practice1Duration = 60
Practice2Day = Friday
Practice2Start = 17:30
Practice2Duration = 60
Practice3Day = Saturday
Practice3Start = 10:00
Practice3Duration = 45
Practice4Day = Saturday
Practice4Start = 12:00
Practice4Duration = 45
QualifyDay = Saturday
QualifyStart = 17:30
QualifyDuration = 60
QualifyLaps = 12
WarmupDay = Sunday
WarmupStart = 10:00
WarmupDuration = 30
RaceDay = Sunday
RaceStart = 13:00
RaceLaps = 60
RaceTime = 120

SettingsCopy = Grip.svm
SettingsCopy = GRID_SanFran.svm
SettingsAI = GRID_SanFran.svm
Qualify Laptime = 80.000
Race Laptime = 84.000

Last edited:
Hi guys,
something came to my mind after a few spin on the track, there is no crowd at races and qual, the whole city seems to sleep ;)
would be cool to have them just to not feel all alone.
Anyway great work Climax as usual.
thanks for sharing :)

Hi guys,
something came to my mind after a few spin on the track, there is no crowd at races and qual, the whole city seems to sleep ;)
would be cool to have them just to not feel all alone.
Anyway great work Climax as usual.
thanks for sharing :)
Something that I don't notice because I have them deactivated even with AMS tracks.

Indeed there are no crowds, again this would be something I would have to ask for help, adding objects I have not yet tried. Most my updates are always texture updates or replacements.

There are some updates being worked on, as soon as I receive them I can upload them.

Thats cool yes and another fix if possible, AI are unable to take a start in race, complete havoc. i tryed all the start procedures :(
Oh and this is with moded cars, actually the BMW M1 mod, i have to try with original content when i get the time.

Thanks mate

Thats cool yes and another fix if possible, AI are unable to take a start in race, complete havoc. i tryed all the start procedures :(
Oh and this is with moded cars, actually the BMW M1 mod, i have to try with original content when i get the time.

Thanks mate
I've had clean races with AMS cars.

You can never use the correct latitude unless you can bake that into the original track co-ordinates, so have no concern about ignoring that. Just find a fake setting that produces the correct sunrise and sunset times (for any time of year you prefer--and it also will not align with the date in the GDB). Then, the lighting should be OK/similar to other tracks.

I will test as you have hopefully found the sweet spot!

EDIT: You did! Great work--it looks beautiful at 5:30 especially.

You might want to use latest AMS standards by eliminating the following lines from the GDB's that are now all set by the AMS UI or in the series definitions:

TestDaystart = 10:00
Practice1Day = Friday
Practice1Start = 10:00
Practice1Duration = 60
Practice2Day = Friday
Practice2Start = 17:30
Practice2Duration = 60
Practice3Day = Saturday
Practice3Start = 10:00
Practice3Duration = 45
Practice4Day = Saturday
Practice4Start = 12:00
Practice4Duration = 45
QualifyDay = Saturday
QualifyStart = 17:30
QualifyDuration = 60
QualifyLaps = 12
WarmupDay = Sunday
WarmupStart = 10:00
WarmupDuration = 30
RaceDay = Sunday
RaceStart = 13:00
RaceLaps = 60
RaceTime = 120

SettingsCopy = Grip.svm
SettingsCopy = GRID_SanFran.svm
SettingsAI = GRID_SanFran.svm
Qualify Laptime = 80.000
Race Laptime = 84.000
Have a better one now which gives me more lighting in the bay area which is what I really want.

Still working on it and trying others for the best option.

Hi @Marc Collins

These are the new settings that I'm going with, sunset is very similar to the one I sent you.

Coming from the top the sunset looks really nice now with the sun shining through the city

There's also a lot more lighting around the track, looks more vibrant with full day night cycle too.

Have also changed the rumble strips and started adding new barrier walls.

Tracks looking really nice now, will finish tomorrow and make a new update for everyone to download.

VCciZtpq9uilh4EZ_brZQ36HZfS16h5plLx0s1wuCDcl9nD4Ef9920NBn_bMByJ20Y4qC5RUl85xAUsfgLQ5eF4ZDOFCF4pzM31T9BFkuC2KZJr0xDyo9VUJuVzgGppz3T6QIKfMafbvRRRZnaOo0yY_VD5haZWUNPPEjmuTJLtZ6BUshEKDK6gs1qDoXThyzsqzRpHbD3PLAmm32eBx0T0_DvC9zda0zq4vapNSMxvMSfSbYwl7YMjTrwwf45jGLBjm_psgM-DYw8Tq6UQuKigZQ1e1nMxIOlg7rg6m1bcPu3Bp_y9PmuNPEPE7miOHW2RHYk6BeXvxNmA0OO2aPjtv5qgGdwVSUQnknnPws66INoKZers1s6kBitAoTBO1Op-TjIZCIK3yrv6ziB-nvglvx-2XFteGXi4DWlOHM3tZHEDEGlk8yc_ArFQJYHRVUjJUpB3Nv_3xCpRGbzH05Nu4xaEUo9fwUF_TDkujwVQxP9rLEBCq6HgYT_qkGXIQF22aXVWargY3m4DR4Uz-gMz-SFjG4ARzzpYX7G_yJfZ-hev0PM62E6GQjpRw_2SM3vMobtO3UPoIL1ZWlKq1SfR4nGzumiE421_wB32eQ50YBkqk5057br49eLcrmfZEGBDy2O7X9lYbU41unJUapI2mg3th6hq1=w1140-h646-no
tTSKUukmVJX0z6DHuo1gI0BIiOJSUpqLrf-vAvIS4ndd0E7WExv100FwDtz0jAi9L639JlfZuVPCsZ9f0-zANi8wkhFIAGcchd1tZbzs39BA5OJTRlOqQLVSGzmJK52aw_Ny3TBxLb5x8Tt_5b2nIrm7Fe3IhvwC-t1mg7JbPjmFvm9iH118U99C4MIw3mUV1-UAsDwzUlKqJ0_Nf3QX-qSSTJbtiEhv40DywmRAk-MqvffSwLh6H3Y0sksEvnc2gW9l9Kfr_-K8AkTOZbBhxGtNrL2pD_3FZuB9daIR64XIxSOWC7s4OuPaHdUi_qPL-gHrPGfS3yXZFHi2pU8P-G-93IDOMB87yBoswdv8Qe4_3Qx8coiK-h2bpfEqe6k_JioNAYvxvW_wMIFD5zdFyg0SEHfC5ROePf5-_Y68n5F5cQPgbNsLJeXoV_c6oLEmWyxzF8G9sJdEakcCYhxAYx5NvxFlCoMjhq4_nVkoAraA4ZanJK-D-_zz042QH4OHDB5pMse2-r9EHhJsZCluypTWbe30CnF0_cdCAcUFLba30WPXI0uHG4q3iYIvXdcoN20MLL_LT85L63o3guaHO4kWw157qn-Dl7IuL324c6AIA9vGxE4DvbuOfh2buY_-9KM50yX29v-E1cMEXwY0y-oVzOp8SyNG=w1157-h643-no
tHngjWxqYB4pyQ8GJfUzx_4hJgz_SVn0UPrddLEAnrp4fcVxIJzPwaDkzvFte0Uh2Ox6sDa8bl5HGCiR2qAS20S3spVS3qZddfwRmL-wPX-DVh9DnfQ4HODsO23Pkey1AGVkTfIdU9jtJPmSWbgBx56rVWLHybCWBARUCJEm-a76UckUWNr_Lz7TGOPDhID_elIqeOPU1EjTvZ47aZPteMcv8voFYmdf2mhfUcWbODyn0gSr-G6lyrxY1xqwh-oZ0EzN2ZWnxXRenL0tXTVDiTDZQOZsNg6ry-meAccZ7MltupeC_kZDEO_ObZ6X7PznevqGs_x582j4eewXXuGthigQa-_pngstJ2DkavwGk1QOYlUbQ_wIgWkmM9ORZBF_yS0oP7qENYYjIaoDjO1jzNA1CSOWWckKwa4FrQrtjl2MzE0KSMNeclfSJIP-F7cEjQnJUYpDYrilQYRawa3QRi2fM3fJ_ey2Xp-acEr2MuEPczhlwHD-6bYcazz1h60vW3F1xShMyWCbPjre0JCu7B49wCycy8G2sqpVqKce53ASklbjDTCi1EcdeWDj2xKSgfWuKoJ-dTUvgqKMJkLTY_botQNFhf8HfJiruWawLqW007GOnx_SIgvtJdH21bPgY9k5TPdZ1ROHMVwKeNXnbep2GGlsbReY=w1149-h643-no

Last edited:
Hi @Marc Collins

These are the new settings that I'm going with, sunset is very similar to the one I sent you.

Coming from the top the sunset looks really nice now with the sun shining through the city

There's also a lot more lighting around the track, looks more vibrant with full day night cycle too.

Have also changed the rumble strips and started adding new barrier walls.

Tracks looking really nice now, will finish tomorrow and make a new update for everyone to download.

VCciZtpq9uilh4EZ_brZQ36HZfS16h5plLx0s1wuCDcl9nD4Ef9920NBn_bMByJ20Y4qC5RUl85xAUsfgLQ5eF4ZDOFCF4pzM31T9BFkuC2KZJr0xDyo9VUJuVzgGppz3T6QIKfMafbvRRRZnaOo0yY_VD5haZWUNPPEjmuTJLtZ6BUshEKDK6gs1qDoXThyzsqzRpHbD3PLAmm32eBx0T0_DvC9zda0zq4vapNSMxvMSfSbYwl7YMjTrwwf45jGLBjm_psgM-DYw8Tq6UQuKigZQ1e1nMxIOlg7rg6m1bcPu3Bp_y9PmuNPEPE7miOHW2RHYk6BeXvxNmA0OO2aPjtv5qgGdwVSUQnknnPws66INoKZers1s6kBitAoTBO1Op-TjIZCIK3yrv6ziB-nvglvx-2XFteGXi4DWlOHM3tZHEDEGlk8yc_ArFQJYHRVUjJUpB3Nv_3xCpRGbzH05Nu4xaEUo9fwUF_TDkujwVQxP9rLEBCq6HgYT_qkGXIQF22aXVWargY3m4DR4Uz-gMz-SFjG4ARzzpYX7G_yJfZ-hev0PM62E6GQjpRw_2SM3vMobtO3UPoIL1ZWlKq1SfR4nGzumiE421_wB32eQ50YBkqk5057br49eLcrmfZEGBDy2O7X9lYbU41unJUapI2mg3th6hq1=w1140-h646-no
tTSKUukmVJX0z6DHuo1gI0BIiOJSUpqLrf-vAvIS4ndd0E7WExv100FwDtz0jAi9L639JlfZuVPCsZ9f0-zANi8wkhFIAGcchd1tZbzs39BA5OJTRlOqQLVSGzmJK52aw_Ny3TBxLb5x8Tt_5b2nIrm7Fe3IhvwC-t1mg7JbPjmFvm9iH118U99C4MIw3mUV1-UAsDwzUlKqJ0_Nf3QX-qSSTJbtiEhv40DywmRAk-MqvffSwLh6H3Y0sksEvnc2gW9l9Kfr_-K8AkTOZbBhxGtNrL2pD_3FZuB9daIR64XIxSOWC7s4OuPaHdUi_qPL-gHrPGfS3yXZFHi2pU8P-G-93IDOMB87yBoswdv8Qe4_3Qx8coiK-h2bpfEqe6k_JioNAYvxvW_wMIFD5zdFyg0SEHfC5ROePf5-_Y68n5F5cQPgbNsLJeXoV_c6oLEmWyxzF8G9sJdEakcCYhxAYx5NvxFlCoMjhq4_nVkoAraA4ZanJK-D-_zz042QH4OHDB5pMse2-r9EHhJsZCluypTWbe30CnF0_cdCAcUFLba30WPXI0uHG4q3iYIvXdcoN20MLL_LT85L63o3guaHO4kWw157qn-Dl7IuL324c6AIA9vGxE4DvbuOfh2buY_-9KM50yX29v-E1cMEXwY0y-oVzOp8SyNG=w1157-h643-no
tHngjWxqYB4pyQ8GJfUzx_4hJgz_SVn0UPrddLEAnrp4fcVxIJzPwaDkzvFte0Uh2Ox6sDa8bl5HGCiR2qAS20S3spVS3qZddfwRmL-wPX-DVh9DnfQ4HODsO23Pkey1AGVkTfIdU9jtJPmSWbgBx56rVWLHybCWBARUCJEm-a76UckUWNr_Lz7TGOPDhID_elIqeOPU1EjTvZ47aZPteMcv8voFYmdf2mhfUcWbODyn0gSr-G6lyrxY1xqwh-oZ0EzN2ZWnxXRenL0tXTVDiTDZQOZsNg6ry-meAccZ7MltupeC_kZDEO_ObZ6X7PznevqGs_x582j4eewXXuGthigQa-_pngstJ2DkavwGk1QOYlUbQ_wIgWkmM9ORZBF_yS0oP7qENYYjIaoDjO1jzNA1CSOWWckKwa4FrQrtjl2MzE0KSMNeclfSJIP-F7cEjQnJUYpDYrilQYRawa3QRi2fM3fJ_ey2Xp-acEr2MuEPczhlwHD-6bYcazz1h60vW3F1xShMyWCbPjre0JCu7B49wCycy8G2sqpVqKce53ASklbjDTCi1EcdeWDj2xKSgfWuKoJ-dTUvgqKMJkLTY_botQNFhf8HfJiruWawLqW007GOnx_SIgvtJdH21bPgY9k5TPdZ1ROHMVwKeNXnbep2GGlsbReY=w1149-h643-no

Fantastic. There's some z-fighting that is pretty bad, but that would take a lot of work to fix :(

The only thing superior in the rF2 conversion is bumps for the trolley tracks.

Glad you did.
Wanted to ask you if you tried original AMS cars yet.

Have had some races with AJR, Boxer, F3 and one of my own cars and races were clean.

Was expecting problems because of the curbs but had no issues.

Did try the M1 but my one is not from RD, this one I converted myself, also has a better model and interior. One car did not finish, the rest were fine but I am assuming that mine has a different setup all together.

Try some of the cars mentioned above, should be fine and let me know.

Have had some races with AJR, Boxer, F3 and one of my own cars and races were clean.

Did try the M1 but my one is not from RD, this one I converted myself, also has a better model and interior. One car did not finish, the rest were fine but I am assuming that mine has a different setup all together.

The racing line goes across high curbs in many places. If a car mod is not modelled properly, this track will present serious problems. Only Reiza cars can be used as the acid test and even among those I wouldn't expect low-clearance cars to be able to deal with sidewalks and high curbs. This track is for well-suspended vehicles only, as it would be if it were a real-life thing.

ClimaxF1 updated San Francisco Street Circuit for AMS with a new update entry:

New skies + settings, rumble strips & wall barrier textures

Hi Guys

Update details:

- New skies with full day night cycle
- Changed some of the other banners
- New rumble strips and wall barriers with sponsors (optional)

P.S. If you have previous version you must first delete it before installing the new version.

N.B. The rumble strips and wall barriers are optional for those who want.

There is one tiny problem with wall barriers and this why I have kept it optional.

The pitlane shares the same texture as the main...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yes you'r right, i tryed the boxer and all went smoothly, i dont understand why mod car do crawl at the start of race and right then there is a full caution if that wasent enough.
And i heard what Marc Collins said, i agree this is a common flaw with moded cars.
Prolly cause some creators do things that interfere with the physics.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%