Samsung Odyssey+/ Just purchaced one.

Bonehead

Premium
Hello everyone. I just purchased the Samsung HMD Odyssey+ and looking for some help tweaking it. I have used an Oculus for years and this new VR will take a little getting used to. If anyone has a suggestion or a link on where to get quality information for optimum clarity, I would appreciate it very much. I have a stout computer I believe, as I can run almost any sim at max settings on a flat screen, and in VR.

Regarding the 'Screen Door Effect', it is 90+% gone, and what hint of one there might be is not noticeable at all. I see more vibrant colors, and the AA is not present with my settings in rFactor2. In Assetto Corsa, it is there somewhat, and that is something I need to figure out with my settings.

It's a new toy/ tool, and any help would be appreciated very much. Jack

Although Samsung in their wisdom STILL aren't selling the Odyssey in Europe I'll be interested to hear how you think the O+ compares to the Rift, especially in Assetto Corsa when you have it dialled in. Any comparisons about IQ, performance, tracking, visibility of distant objects etc etc etc.

Upvote 0
Although Samsung in their wisdom STILL aren't selling the Odyssey in Europe I'll be interested to hear how you think the O+ compares to the Rift, especially in Assetto Corsa when you have it dialled in. Any comparisons about IQ, performance, tracking, visibility of distant objects etc etc etc.

I've spent six hours trying to make it look good in AC with not much success. With Kunos tracks and modded cars, I see bad warping on the armcos, and the edges of the cars sparkle to a very annoying degree that I can't stand. Four more hours of tweaking AC, and I'm giving up.

In rFactor2 the tracks and cars look much better, and I can actually enjoy the experience. The SDE is nil and gone, however to spend $500.00 US for the upgrade from an Oculus to this at this point is not worth it for me at this stage. If you do not own a VR headset yet, then I would recommend this one if you have the money.

Hopefully I'll get things sorted out, and any help with AC settings would be appreciated.

Time and effort will tell about the O+ as I keep working on it. Jack

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

@Bonehead, are you using CM?
I have had excellent results with it and GBW Suite on original Odyssey.
Check the settings file I linked. Without CM AC always uses default pp filter, so if you want to make any changes in VR, modify that preset, like turning off godrays, glare, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%