Samsung Odessey G7 Triple dilemma

Ok so my excitement for my three Samsung G7 32in monitors has subsided quite a bit as I've been hearing people say the projection distortion would be terrible due to how deep the curve is (1000r), lining the side monitors would be a nightmare again due to the curve, the bow tie effect along with some panel issues (seen a few videos showing back light bleed, flickering when using g-sync, etc).

I'm still within my cool down period so I can send them back with no issue but I'm seriously on the fence right now. Sadly given I'm still waiting on my Trak Racer TR160 I can't mount them, attempt aligning them or driving some sims with them nor do I have the desk space to try them to see what they are like as a triple (plus I don't wanna open them only to have the retailer refuse the return) so I come to you guys.

Any words of advice or wisdom you can impart as to if I should keep them or return them? Goes without saying that on paper the experience should be amazing (especially when the new 3000 series Nvidia cards and 4000 series AMD chips are released) based on the specs but only if I was confident I could get them setup properly as a triple without any weird effects inherent to them being 32inch, 1000r curved screens.

Any help or advice from anyone who knows more about monitor setups and this sort of stuff is greatly appreciated, especially anyone who has the G7's in a triple setup.

Attachments

• 20200710_144526.jpg
    20200710_144526.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,742
Last edited:
To you maybe, but to me triples are better as they have a much great field of view, better immersion over an ultrawide plus for content creation there is still a lack of support for anything above or below the 16:9 aspect ratio.
I agree triples are better...But flat panel ...three extremely curved monitors will be like a wavy effect...triple screen go flat panel...single screen go curved.

Upvote 0
The more speculation thread yet again :D

how can it be wavy from the seated position it’s just nonsense

I have triple Samsung 32 inch ultrawide curved the picture is stunning not sure the rating sure three 1800 would need to check but seated the curvature make 0 difference 1800 or 800

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To you maybe, but to me triples are better as they have a much great field of view, better immersion over an ultrawide plus for content creation there is still a lack of support for anything above or below the 16:9 aspect ratio.
Triples have way better FOV and specially curved ones it follows your eyes natural FOV better mine are not as curved as the ones you buy but the immersion is night age day better than a single 49 which I almost bought

Upvote 0
I found this as was rather keen on seeing the talked about triple G7 configuration
Not sure if this is the OP or someone else but was a nice surprise to see.

Posted other videos of this also in the G7 G9 monitor thread

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline