Samsung G9 Neo 49" 1000R Monitor 2021

TLDR: We need developers to implement a screen on the car interior dash (in our fov) to show us what the right mirror should show us.

The full comment:

I would go VR + Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 every day any day.

The criticism I read distracted me. However, I came to say this idea: some cars have a screen that shows you what´s behind you (because of the air vents or the wing that hinders the rear view mirror...etc), so the idea of having a small screen that shows you what´s in your right mirror but the screen is still in your field of vision isn¨t so unrealistic. I wish sim developers implement it and I think it´s so easy to be implemented.

Most of the accidents happen due to not having a 360`spacial awareness. Even IRL I barely survived dive bombs thanks to noticing them in the last second. And hellicorsa is good but doesn´t simulate something from real life as far as I know.

Obviously even a 49 inch super ultra wide with 1000R curve can´t let you see your right mirror in the natural FOV. And a triple screen setup is (no offence) so stupid: costy, ridiculous, too much space, hard to move, too much performance hit for current video cards (some of my friends run triples at 720p) and stupid.

• Deleted member 1449502

So, are there any actual owners of this panel using it with the latest released Firmware to improve HDR issues?
I am curious how it handles not only PC game HDR but from consoles via HDMI 2.1
I have the Neo, the latest firmware completely resolved the tone mapping issues in Dynamic HDR. I run it off displayport, but HDM1 2.1 supports 4k/120hz

So, are there any actual owners of this panel using it with the latest released Firmware to improve HDR issues?
I am curious how it handles not only PC game HDR but from consoles via HDMI 2.1
Yes and in testing mode now for over a week. trying to test every aspect...

Last edited:
Going to stick with my 38GN950 for now and wait until there is a 144hz 34" or 38" 5k2k. Will probably be a year or three, but can't justify the price/performance/resolution at this point in time.

Last edited:
New LG concept screen - Flexible OLED which can also be oriented horizontally.

1640312475097.png

The Neo 49 G9 does not leave my head, I like it so much in all the reviews. I haven't met him live anywhere.
I plan to use the Pimax 5K + with a lower frequency, but with the Predator X34 it is not possible, this monitor is too small.
I would like to have a more immersion in Neo49, although my 2080Ti may be too weak.

On the other hand, this LG solution is nice, but if I cannot afford Neo49, then such a flexible screen is definitely beyond my reach. but it would be something if someone had a small space and could bend it freely.

• Deleted member 197115

If you can't afford Neo, go for original G9, I doubt anyone will notice the difference between two, plus Neo still has teething problems, when G9 should have all kinks worked out already.

Pulls to Neo, better blacks and more highlight zones.
I would like to see what such a large screen looks like on a rig.
I am forced to mount it on the vertical profile common to the DD, I hope that such mounting will not cause any shocks that I will see on the monitor.
I hope that what people say about the vibration transmission by hitting the keyboard is due to the standard monitor foot and the fact that it has adjustments, and when we use the VESA adapter it all disappears.
Probably what I will not choose and so I will be happy going from 34 inches.
Although I would like vertically to have 1600 instead of 1440.
The second thing is that by choosing LC49G9 I could sell 2080Ti and buy 6900XT and get even better experience.

It's wide enough without, I use lowest Speed level (0.1) just for extra immersion to mimic VR behavior.
How consistent is the TrackIR detection and compatibility? My biggest issue with VR is that even with the most ideal configuration and settings. I sometimes have stuff just "not work right" and I have to play around to get it working. Is TrackIR pretty much just set and forget? I love VR for feeling like I'm "in the car", but I wanna use a single ultrawide for online racing so I can focus on trying to be competitive.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 68 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.8%