Upcoming Events

Join TCR Virtual today! AC events on Simracing.GP ACC events on Simracing.GP Weekly rFactor 2 events

What racing gear do you use while sim racing?

• Gloves

Votes: 262 19.2%
  • Boots

Votes: 60 4.4%
  • Gloves + Boots

Votes: 136 10.0%
  • None

Votes: 908 66.5%

Samsung G9 Neo 49" 1000R Monitor 2021

TLDR: We need developers to implement a screen on the car interior dash (in our fov) to show us what the right mirror should show us.

The full comment:

I would go VR + Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 every day any day.

The criticism I read distracted me. However, I came to say this idea: some cars have a screen that shows you what´s behind you (because of the air vents or the wing that hinders the rear view mirror...etc), so the idea of having a small screen that shows you what´s in your right mirror but the screen is still in your field of vision isn¨t so unrealistic. I wish sim developers implement it and I think it´s so easy to be implemented.

Most of the accidents happen due to not having a 360`spacial awareness. Even IRL I barely survived dive bombs thanks to noticing them in the last second. And hellicorsa is good but doesn´t simulate something from real life as far as I know.

Obviously even a 49 inch super ultra wide with 1000R curve can´t let you see your right mirror in the natural FOV. And a triple screen setup is (no offence) so stupid: costy, ridiculous, too much space, hard to move, too much performance hit for current video cards (some of my friends run triples at 720p) and stupid.