Samsung G9 Neo 49" 1000R Monitor 2021

TLDR: We need developers to implement a screen on the car interior dash (in our fov) to show us what the right mirror should show us.

The full comment:

I would go VR + Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 every day any day.

And a triple screen setup is (no offence) so stupid: costy, ridiculous, too much space, hard to move, too much performance hit for current video cards (some of my friends run triples at 720p) and stupid.
You forgot to add that triples is really stupid and also buggy: I've seen even Dan Suzuki say that sometimes his triples don't work properly or one of the screens goes out and requires a full restart or something to get going. And his PC is pretty high end with a 3090, plus he's an electrical engineer so is quite capable of tinkering with his PC.

• Deleted member 197115

How consistent is the TrackIR detection and compatibility? My biggest issue with VR is that even with the most ideal configuration and settings. I sometimes have stuff just "not work right" and I have to play around to get it working. Is TrackIR pretty much just set and forget? I love VR for feeling like I'm "in the car", but I wanna use a single ultrawide for online racing so I can focus on trying to be competitive.
It comes with active and passive trackers. Active with LEDs works in any lighting conditions, the reflective one from what I read can be temperamental depending on environment (worked the same as active for me though).
As long as tracker is in camera's line of sight, it's bulletproof, and it has pretty huge FOV.
I've used some other free trackers before, like FaceTrackNoIR, etc, and they were quite unreliable, but TrackIR has been solid.
We had thread dedicated to Head Tracking, check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys.
I have to say that I have been using the 49 G9 for 3 weeks now and this monitor is amazing. I have since stopped using VR 5K+.
I invested in Philips Hue and I must admit the imersion is amazing.
I'm wondering if you guys are using the HDR feature?
What are your experiences?
I changed in Windows to HDR but there was no WOW effect, the image was faded.
After switching to HDR, do I have to change any settings to get a better picture as without this mode?
Can you tell me your settings in HDR mode?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Deleted member 197115

Hi guys.
I have to say that I have been using the 49 G9 for 3 weeks now and this monitor is amazing. I have since stopped using VR 5K+.
I invested in Philips Hue and I must admit the imersion is amazing.
I'm wondering if you guys are using the HDR feature?
What are your experiences?
I changed in Windows to HDR but there was no WOW effect, the image was faded.
After switching to HDR, do I have to change any settings to get a better picture as without this mode?
Can you tell me your settings in HDR mode?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
The only sim that supports HDR is ACC. And you do not even need to set HDR in Windows, just do it in game and it will automatically activate HDR mode. The reason activated in Windows HDR makes everything look pale is because you are looking at SDR content.
Some titles like Forza support HDR only if it's activated in Windows, just turn it on before starting the game, there is no reason to sacrifice SDR content visual quality by having it on all the times.

Hi guys,

I'm about to upgrade my 34" 1080p monitor. I don't really have the space for a triple setup, so i'm eyeing for the Samsung G9 (2022 model: G95T).
I was also considering the 1080p version of the monitor, but it doesn't feel like a future-proof solution.

I'm wondering if my RTX 3060Ti would be capable to maintain sufficient frame rates (60+) for sims like ACC, rF2 and AMS2 (i'm OK with med-high settings)

As far as i know, the VRR range is 60-240Hz, so anything below 60fps would cause tearing and stuttering).

• Deleted member 197115

Skip 1080p version, and you should be fine with reasonable settings. I even ran it with 1080Ti and i9-9900K. at some point, including ACC.

Thanks guys, i'll go for the 1440p version then!

Let me just one question: how hard it to configure for the various sims? I know that iRacing and ACC has something like multiprojection correction.
Do you configure the monitor as triples for sims like AMS2 or rF2?

• Deleted member 197115

- AC and R3E are easy, you just set up as triple screen.
- ACC triples screen support is a performance hog, plus makes transitioning between virtual screens visible due to shadows rendering difference. It also has projection correction which adds barrel distortion to compensate for ultra wide pincushion (stretching on sides), but as it stretches image in the middle you will see loss of resolution in the center, the workaround is to upsample image by running resolution at > 100%. Again, expensive.
- AMS2 does not have anything that works for UW, seems like their triple screen only works for physical ones.

Honestly it's not that bad even without any correction, I just run ACC and AMS2 without any.

Just to add that rf2 can be run as the single or triples. If the ui doesn’t allow it then it’s just a matter of editing the json. The exact measurements are on a thread in the rf2 sub forum here. I ran it as triples with no noticeable perf hit, rf2 devs seem against any curved screen never mind the g9 oddly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back