Samsung G9 49" Ultrawide Game Settings

I'm the proud owner of a new Samsung G9 49" Ultrawide.

I though it might be a good idea for a tread where owners can share our in-game setting for this monitor.

I'm only a couple of days into owning it and I'm still trying to figure out how to get the best views. It seems quite inconsistent from game to game. I playing the following sims:

iRacing
Assetto Corsa
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Automobilista 2
Rfactor 2
Project Cars 2
RaceRoom Experience

I've been playing around with FOV, seating distance/height etc but it can be a frustrating experience. I would like to know what settings are working for people.

Last edited:
Like with all FoV stuff, a lot of it depends on the seating position.

My G9 is positioned directly between the wheel and the wheelbase, and the FoV calculators give me 34 vertical / 94 horizontal. Those numbers worked for me in AC and AMS2 rather well, some cars still need a bit of a seat adjustment to get the right position.

Only other game from that list I play is ACC, and there I had to setup triple screen. ACC does some weird warping, adjusting the "projection correction" option in the settings caused some weird blur in the center of the screen.
Had so setup triple screen within ACC with a bezel width of 0 and an angle of 13.
Then I had to play with the rendering resolution to get rid of those grey lines you get between the "monitors", setting it to 101% made them disappear. There are sometimes still some minor visual glitches at that line, but I prefer that to the blurred center with projection correction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Like with all FoV stuff, a lot of it depends on the seating position.

My G9 is positioned directly between the wheel and the wheelbase, and the FoV calculators give me 34 vertical / 94 horizontal. Those numbers worked for me in AC and AMS2 rather well, some cars still need a bit of a seat adjustment to get the right position.

Only other game from that list I play is ACC, and there I had to setup triple screen. ACC does some weird warping, adjusting the "projection correction" option in the settings caused some weird blur in the center of the screen.
Had so setup triple screen within ACC with a bezel width of 0 and an angle of 13.
Then I had to play with the rendering resolution to get rid of those grey lines you get between the "monitors", setting it to 101% made them disappear. There are sometimes still some minor visual glitches at that line, but I prefer that to the blurred center with projection correction.
Thanks. I'm running a similar setup in ACC and got that looking quite good. What are your actual in game settings in AMS2? Where do you set vertical and horizontal FOV?

Upvote 0
What are your actual in game settings in AMS2? Where do you set vertical and horizontal FOV?
Games use either the horizontal or the vertical FoV, not both, Kunos uses vertical in AC/ACC.
AMS2 uses the horziontal FoV (would assume PC1/2 aswell), in the camera options they give you the option to set the FoV per camera type.
Didn't need any triple screen trickery, just set the FoV and then the seat position per car if something felt off.

Upvote 0
I'm the proud owner of a new Samsung G9 49" Ultrawide.

I though it might be a good idea for a tread where owners can share our in-game setting for this monitor.

I'm only a couple of days into owning it and I'm still trying to figure out how to get the best views. It seems quite inconsistent from game to game. I playing the following sims:

iRacing
Assetto Corsa
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Automobilista 2
Rfactor 2
Project Cars 2
RaceRoom Experience

I've been playing around with FOV, seating distance/height etc but it can be a frustrating experience. I would like to know what settings are working for people.
did u get correct fov for raceroom pal ?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

did u get correct fov for raceroom pal ?

For R3E setup for triple screen, this way you won't have distortion on sides.
Below are the dimensions of G9 broken into 3 virtual screens.
You would also need this:
Screen width: 401mm
Height: 340mm
Diagonal: 526mm/20.7inch

1674063820708.jpeg

Upvote 0
Use the in game / online calculators for FOV. The ones I have used seem to be pretty good, you'll normally get the same value from all of them provided you enter the same measurements.

I have the CRG9, I run pretty much all my sims at a High graphics level on average, some settings slightly lower and some maximum like texture quality and filtering. I use an RX 6800XT so pretty high end GPU and I get usually at least 100fps with Freesync at all times.

I don't use the triple screen settings for ACC, but my screen has a much less aggressive curve than the newer G9 so I don't feel it's worth the stuff around and the loss of FPS along with it.

Came from exclusive VR for a few years at least and I am very happy running a monitor again.

Upvote 0
Use the in game / online calculators for FOV. The ones I have used seem to be pretty good, you'll normally get the same value from all of them provided you enter the same measurements.

I have the CRG9, I run pretty much all my sims at a High graphics level on average, some settings slightly lower and some maximum like texture quality and filtering. I use an RX 6800XT so pretty high end GPU and I get usually at least 100fps with Freesync at all times.

I don't use the triple screen settings for ACC, but my screen has a much less aggressive curve than the newer G9 so I don't feel it's worth the stuff around and the loss of FPS along with it.

Came from exclusive VR for a few years at least and I am very happy running a monitor again.
I recently switched from the RG9 to the G9 and it's not that different from the radius and less than I thought. I'm using TrackIR and distortions at the edges doesn't matter because they are just in the peripheral vision. But even without TrackIR I can't even see anything distorted, but have not tried ACC without it yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

ACC triple screen implementation is not that great, heavy on performance and has shade shift so you see transitioning between virtual screens.
Projection correction works better, BUT, it blows image in the center so you will have loss of resolution there. That doesn't look good, unless you run over 100% res to compensate.
So with ACC I am just on standard single monitor setup with calculated based on size and distance vertical FOV and TrackIR, and this works just great, with very little noticeable distortion.
Just like Anton, VR deserter myself, ACC looks so much better now especially after learning little trick with DLDSR and enabling HDR, more time to race, less or no time to tinker with settings.
May be in 5 years, if survives, VR will be more visually appealing and more user and pocket friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
ACC triple screen implementation is not that great, heavy on performance and has shade shift so you see transitioning between virtual screens.
Projection correction works better, BUT, it blows image in the center so you will have loss of resolution there. That doesn't look good, unless you run over 100% res to compensate.
So with ACC I am just on standard single monitor setup with calculated based on size and distance vertical FOV and TrackIR, and this works just great, with very little noticeable distortion.
Just like Anton, VR deserter myself, ACC looks so much better now especially after learning little trick with DLDSR and enabling HDR, more time to race, less or no time to tinker with settings.
May be in 5 years, if survives, VR will be more visually appealing and more user and pocket friendly.
Hi, i am new to TrackIR, do you mind sharing your profile for Track IR? I have g9 wiht 1000R curve as well. Would appreciate a starting point profile for TrackIR very much.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Hi, i am new to TrackIR, do you mind sharing your profile for Track IR? I have g9 wiht 1000R curve as well. Would appreciate a starting point profile for TrackIR very much.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing