Upcoming Events

Join TCR Virtual today! AC events on Simracing.GP ACC events on Simracing.GP Weekly rFactor 2 events

Samsung G9 49" Ultrawide Game Settings

I'm the proud owner of a new Samsung G9 49" Ultrawide.

I though it might be a good idea for a tread where owners can share our in-game setting for this monitor.

I'm only a couple of days into owning it and I'm still trying to figure out how to get the best views. It seems quite inconsistent from game to game. I playing the following sims:

iRacing
Assetto Corsa
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Automobilista 2
Rfactor 2
Project Cars 2
RaceRoom Experience

I've been playing around with FOV, seating distance/height etc but it can be a frustrating experience. I would like to know what settings are working for people.

Last edited:
Like with all FoV stuff, a lot of it depends on the seating position.

My G9 is positioned directly between the wheel and the wheelbase, and the FoV calculators give me 34 vertical / 94 horizontal. Those numbers worked for me in AC and AMS2 rather well, some cars still need a bit of a seat adjustment to get the right position.

Only other game from that list I play is ACC, and there I had to setup triple screen. ACC does some weird warping, adjusting the "projection correction" option in the settings caused some weird blur in the center of the screen.
Had so setup triple screen within ACC with a bezel width of 0 and an angle of 13.
Then I had to play with the rendering resolution to get rid of those grey lines you get between the "monitors", setting it to 101% made them disappear. There are sometimes still some minor visual glitches at that line, but I prefer that to the blurred center with projection correction.

Last edited:
Like with all FoV stuff, a lot of it depends on the seating position.

My G9 is positioned directly between the wheel and the wheelbase, and the FoV calculators give me 34 vertical / 94 horizontal. Those numbers worked for me in AC and AMS2 rather well, some cars still need a bit of a seat adjustment to get the right position.

Only other game from that list I play is ACC, and there I had to setup triple screen. ACC does some weird warping, adjusting the "projection correction" option in the settings caused some weird blur in the center of the screen.
Had so setup triple screen within ACC with a bezel width of 0 and an angle of 13.
Then I had to play with the rendering resolution to get rid of those grey lines you get between the "monitors", setting it to 101% made them disappear. There are sometimes still some minor visual glitches at that line, but I prefer that to the blurred center with projection correction.
Thanks. I'm running a similar setup in ACC and got that looking quite good. What are your actual in game settings in AMS2? Where do you set vertical and horizontal FOV?

What are your actual in game settings in AMS2? Where do you set vertical and horizontal FOV?
Games use either the horizontal or the vertical FoV, not both, Kunos uses vertical in AC/ACC.
AMS2 uses the horziontal FoV (would assume PC1/2 aswell), in the camera options they give you the option to set the FoV per camera type.
Didn't need any triple screen trickery, just set the FoV and then the seat position per car if something felt off.