Samsung CRG9 / 49" / 32:9 Monitor (5120 x 1440 1000 HDR)

Mine is arriving next week
Any tips on how to enable gsync?
Can you use gsync and hdr10 at the same time ?
What’s the low input lag mode about ?

RE: Gsync - you just place the monitor into Freesync's Standard Engine mode, enable Gsync in the Control Panel and you're off and flying!

Not sure on HDR (I don't like FALD) but Low Input I don't think you can use with it, but I think the monitor is fast enough (small smearing at points but it's normal for this panel type)

Surprise monitor showed up today
Already got it up and running

Why not use freesync ultimate setting on the monitor ?

What color g are you guys using ?
I’m using the sRGB mode
can I tune the contrast and color in this mode ? Besides the brightness adjustment

Surprise monitor showed up today
Already got it up and running

Why not use freesync ultimate setting on the monitor ?

What color g are you guys using ?
I’m using the sRGB mode
can I tune the contrast and color in this mode ? Besides the brightness adjustment

From my research, it seemed when people had tried it, Ultimate was pushing it too far - where they thought (and I agree) that Standard was more than fine.

I use the custom profile at 30 brightness, 75 contracts, sharpness at 60, and the colour options at the following:

R: 47
G: 54
B: 50

Color tone - custom
Gamma: mode 2

Can't recall where I found those settings but they were rated as pretty good on the old DeltaEs so good enough for me!

I recommend ebaying a cheap colormeter and properly adjust the monitor and its colors, it also takes care of brightness and contrast suggestions. I use a Phantome Huey which I got for $50 many years ago. I use it on all my computers including laptops. So worth it a thousand times over.

Looks amazing with the right settings. Currently using dci-p3 with saturation turned down to 80. In game there’s another setting in the view options keep hdr exposure the same and lower hdr contrast to suit. I’m currently using 60 for contrast and expose at 75

Last edited:
I love F1 2019 on this monitor.

120 fps with everything on ultra is just a stunning experience.

After driving a game like F1 2019 for a couple of hours on the monitor makes it really hard to dive back into VR with it's lower resolution, image quality and frame rate.

Looks great, so seriously tempted. Could you please post racing pic or short video of F12019 please.

@CRMS Here's my build after a lot of trial and error:
My eyeline is sitting 20.3" from the screen. Powered by an 8700k i7 and a 2080ti. With that I can keep most of the eye candy on and make an average of 90+ frames per second.

EDIT: I love this display enough that I pre-ordered the Odyssey G9 already and plan to move this one from the rig to my desk. I don't think I am going to get much out of it for now as GPU's aren't going to be able to push much past 100fps (the cap with 10-bit color on), but the added curve I am hoping will allow me to cheat FoV a little more and increase immersion.

Last edited:
Here's how mine looked.
tgdaZsf.jpg

XJdGd1V.jpg

I've actually gone back to a triple screen set up and now this use this as my desktop monitor.
rJbVf92.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice on your desk with that wallpaper!

So why did you choose to go back to triples and which size?
I just missed the extra screen real estate. I already had a 27" 1440P monitor that I used on my desktop so just bought a couple more.
8wsZoqe.jpg

What are you doing to get your desktop to look so clean?
Check out this video. They go over the basics in the video but you can configure it in lots of different ways

Here's another vid which shows configuration in more detail.

Last edited:
Holy moly.
That is sooo cool:thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Just to maybe making you slightly envy as a revenge - then I have Blade Runner 2049 in 3D on BR:p
And I have a 3D plasma telly:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
My eyeline is sitting 20.3" from the screen. Powered by an 8700k i7 and a 2080ti. With that I can keep most of the eye candy on and make an average of 90+ frames per second.
What F1 2019 FoV setting(s) are you using?? Just got C9 and will be using with 2080Ti.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back