Samsung CRG9 / 49" / 32:9 Monitor (5120 x 1440 1000 HDR)

For those that mounted this to your motion rig, did you just use those tiny little black screws to mount the circle bracket, then attached your vesa mount or whatever you got to that? These tiny thin screws are concerning even with the support braces underneath the monitor.

At £999.99 on Amazon it was too good to miss, really impressed with it, tending to run this rather than VR as its so much better looking, I used to run triples and was in the "I can ignore teh bezels they don't worry me" camp. But I have to say even with a FOV around 100 deg its better than triples at 160 degrees.

Read the thread and no one has mentioned about calibrating? I have a SpyderPro but cannot find out certain details like gamut and led type to set it up. So we all running on the custom mode which is set as calibrated at the factory? Mine has brightness at 100 fe.

Also HDR mode, all it does for me is throw a dull filter over the picture, Iracing looks very dull and dark whilst F1 2018 is all white blown, not really understanding it, definitely in HDR mode as the screen changes and comes up DP1 HDR OSD.

So anyone fiddle with the settings?

Haven't got the bottle to attach it to my SFX-100 rig though its standalone and 43 cm/17" from my eyes.

got it mounted to the rig successfully! I can see what you mean about it making you sick with a lot of fast movements, Dirt 2 in particular. Turning the in game camera shake off helped quite a bit tho.

Still need to dial in some settings and my fov, get a nice set of headphones and put some serious mileage on it before I can give an honest opinion on if it was worth it considering I drive with an Index.

Need to wrap this rubber sheeting around these support arms to clean it up and cut down these rubber bumpers half an inch but other than that its worked perfectly with some aggressive movements.

NsgIjo1.jpg

vxlf2LW.jpg

zkQI4OM.jpg

8jYnimL.jpg

kWFyWQh.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone color calibrate theirs and cal tell us how that went?

(if you are close to Philadelphia I can loan out a colormeter, you only need it once to make a profile that you can use indefinitely)

Maybe my monitor is shaking a bit too much, but I am having trouble driving with this thing. My go to race right now is Ferrari GT3 in iRacing and even that seems to be a struggle. I have to really focus on certain things ahead of me to not feel a bit sick. It just feels like a lot of strain on my eyes with all the movement.

I am going to try securing it better so it has less shaking, if that doesn't help I will try a static mount on the wall.

Interesting to hear, I have decided to leave mine off, the car moves and bumps in time with my rig on screen and the scenery doesn't, to me that seems okay and safer than shaking my monitor to bits :)

Sorry to dig out this thread! However, do any owners of Samsung 49inch monitors know where I can find the serial number of the device? I'm sure I am not being stupid but I can't seem to find it...

Interestingly, has anyone had issues with image retention? (I know it's a QLED!) - mine is pretty bad (like on darker colour backgrounds you can CLEARLY see pixel outlines of where content has been and TBH I didn't expect it to be a problem...

My serial no is on a sticker under the sockets at the back, if you put that cover on you won't see it.

Not noticed any image retention, but then not used it with dark games.

My serial no is on a sticker under the sockets at the back, if you put that cover on you won't see it.

Not noticed any image retention, but then not used it with dark games.

Perfect, thanks!

@Dan Marr , does your problem look anything like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

I've had that issue to before. Try installing the official monitor drivers or reïnstalling the nvidia drivers to fix it.

No, mine doesn't - it looks more like this ( ) from except it's a line down the middle where I run 2 screens side by side, and on the Chrome headers on the left side. It's annoying as it does seem to be mostly on grey backgrounds/darker backgrounds it can be a little noticeable. I'm in the process of running a warranty claim for my LG 34UG-89G which went pop a while ago (it's a hard old life...) so I can't really stop using it/only use it for simracing stuff

Question, I’ve just picked this up having come from plasma, then OLED and a laser projector so I’m used to a perfectly uniform screen when it comes to blacks.

I’ve always hated the uneven backlight bleed on LCD’s and this new age of edge-lit LED lighting has just made them worse! Anyway how much backlight bleed do you guys have?

I have two quite obvious ones on the same place each side on what would be the space between 16:9 resolution and 21:9 on the bottom edge of the screen, it’s fine in SDR with the brightness down on 20/100 which looks around 120nits but switching to HDR with the brightness maxed and it all goes to **** with very obvious light bleed.

Just trying to work out if I’ve got a dud or if combined with the curve everyones is like that. I’m somewhat suspicious because mine has clearly been opened at some point and then be resealed with Samsung tape so wondering if it’s a reject, no dead pixels though.

Question, I’ve just picked this up having come from plasma, then OLED and a laser projector so I’m used to a perfectly uniform screen when it comes to blacks.

I’ve always hated the uneven backlight bleed on LCD’s and this new age of edge-lit LED lighting has just made them worse! Anyway how much backlight bleed do you guys have?

I have two quite obvious ones on the same place each side on what would be the space between 16:9 resolution and 21:9 on the bottom edge of the screen, it’s fine in SDR with the brightness down on 20/100 which looks around 120nits but switching to HDR with the brightness maxed and it all goes to **** with very obvious light bleed.

Just trying to work out if I’ve got a dud or if combined with the curve everyones is like that. I’m somewhat suspicious because mine has clearly been opened at some point and then be resealed with Samsung tape so wondering if it’s a reject, no dead pixels though.

The uniformity gets worse on the edges yes, and there's the odd bits and bobs where uniformity is not even, but broadly it seems to be 90-95% okay across the board.

comparing these screens against a decent Plasma, OLED or Projector is like comparing Apples with Oranges unfortunately.

The quality of these screens are terrible in comparison. I'm not impressed with mine at all, hugely overpriced.

Sooo this monitor just went on sale in the US amazon black friday? I think its a good deal...

Samsung 49-Inch CRG90 Curved Gaming Monitor (LC49RG90SSNXZA) – 120Hz Refresh, Ultrawide Screen QLED Computer Monitor, 5120 x 1440p Resolution, 4ms Response, FreeSync 2 with HDR, HDMI
$1,049.99

That's without Tax

comparing these screens against a decent Plasma, OLED or Projector is like comparing Apples with Oranges unfortunately.

The quality of these screens are terrible in comparison. I'm not impressed with mine at all, hugely overpriced.
I mean I wouldn’t say it’s terrible, ok in the dark then yes the back light bleed is so so bad just like I remember LCDs. However with the lights on it holds its own and HDR does highlights fine if not the blacks as well as the OLED but then I wouldn’t play HDR games on the OLEDs because the HUDs are all bright white and I’m not risking a 4k TV. The projector does blacks much better but then it can’t go as bright as the LCD in games at least it looks a bit dull and worse it’s lowest input lag is when in 4K but it can’t do 4K 60fps as it’s only 18gbps HDMI so at 1080p/60 the input lag is a bit much for me.

Unfortunately there is no one perfect tech and even the PC itself is pissing me off at the moment sending EMI/rf down the HDMI and into the speakers which is what pushed me down this route to switch to speakers. Would have got a new PC but the upgrades are overpriced and still not powerful enough IMO.

UK Amazon price has gone as low as £929 but sticking around £950 it seems for Cyber Monday
The previous 3840x1080 model (49HG90D) is £669 which matches the best price I have seen it at this year.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back