Samsung CRG9 / 49" / 32:9 Monitor (5120 x 1440 1000 HDR)

Does any of the lucky owners own also a VR? How is it comparable? I have the rift and I am thinking of changing to this samsung. Can anyone tell - is it worth it? Is anyone happier with the monitor?
I have both and prefer the monitor for freedom, compatibility, and ease of use. VR is obviously more immersive, but I will choose the monitor over VR 9/10 times.

Can you tell me how many fps can one gain with monitor? I guess with this monitor I could gain some fps? Or am I wrong.
In ACC race on SPA with 29 oponnents - everything low, PPD 1.2 on the start my fps counter shows about 30. After start it is playable (going to the 45 ASW), but it is hard to race this way.
Got i7 and GTX 1070

Can you tell me how many fps can one gain with monitor? I guess with this monitor I could gain some fps? Or am I wrong.
In ACC race on SPA with 29 oponnents - everything low, PPD 1.2 on the start my fps counter shows about 30. After start it is playable (going to the 45 ASW), but it is hard to race this way.
Got i7 and GTX 1070

The beauty with the monitor is that you can run it in 3840x1080 resolution to suit the more demanding games if you want to have all the graphical features to the max. While it supports this I have not seen a lot of feedback from users on how much less sharp the image is and in a usage case scenario for say sim racing.

I can understand people going out and getting this monitor right away as soon as it was available to order. So this post is not to try to upset anyone that has but for those keen to get one of these displays a bit cheaper.

Certainly, in the UK we are now starting to see this monitor drop in price (at some vendors). About £130 less than the entry price.

Going to be exciting to see what happens in coming weeks with Nvidia Super GPU as possibly an excellent choice to power such a display. Also if this, new GPU series are going to bring in lower prices and more performance than RTX.

Last edited:
Moving from an Ultrawide x34, which I plan to place on top, similar to the above video, once I upgrade the rig to a Sim-Lab P1.

Hi Soulstoner, did you ever mount your Ultrawide x34 above the Samsung 49" monitor, I would love to see how you managed it as I also have a 34" Ultrawide and I'm thinking of maybe getting the 49" monitor but I don't want t get rid of my 34" ?

I'm seriously considering buying this monitor as a "VR replacer" The HP Reverb will be returned and the Valve Index supposedly has massive EMI issues with the SFX100.

After tasting the high resolution of the HP reverb, there's no going back to the oculus anymore.

It would be replacing my 6 months old 34" widescreen.

Ive got my eye on one of these and im about to make a purchase. My current rig i have a 4K 55" Samsung TV with my wheel base around 3 inch away from the screen. I mainly play RR,PC2 and AC at 4k resolution. What im a bit confused about is will i have a greater FOV with this monitor than i have with my current TV set at the ideal FOV?

This is roughly half the height of my current screen but its really wasted space so the 1440p height doesn't bother me its just is it worth going for one of these will i get a great FOV?

Thanks

What im a bit confused about is will i have a greater FOV with this monitor than i have with my current TV set at the ideal FOV?
55" TV LxW = 1217mm x 686mm
49" superwide monitor LxW = 1199.5mm x 369.4mm
Therefore when the 49" monitor is in the same place as your TV, hFOV is about the same and vFOV is reduced by about 46%.

55" TV LxW = 1217mm x 686mm
49" superwide monitor LxW = 1199.5mm x 369.4mm
Therefore when the 49" monitor is in the same place as your TV, hFOV is about the same and vFOV is reduced by about 46%.

Thankyou. You see with the correct FOV set on my 55" TV I see none of the left mirror but looking at videos of this monitor with the correct FOV set you can see pretty much all of it??

Why is this? Sorry if this is a dumb question?

Thankyou. You see with the correct FOV set on my 55" TV I see none of the left mirror but looking at videos of this monitor with the correct FOV set you can see pretty much all of it??

Why is this? Sorry if this is a dumb question?
If they have the monitor even closer to their eyes than you do.
Or if they've tweaked the FOV so it's wider than realistic.
Or they've moved the in-game seat backwards.
Or the car they've chosen has the left mirror in a different place than the car you're comparing to.

Hi Soulstoner, did you ever mount your Ultrawide x34 above the Samsung 49" monitor, I would love to see how you managed it as I also have a 34" Ultrawide and I'm thinking of maybe getting the 49" monitor but I don't want t get rid of my 34" ?
I have not done this yet. I was planning on using the SimLab's monitor mount once I purchased a P1-X, but that will be a few months out still.

Side-note: Has anyone found the perfect camera/FOV settings for F1 2019 on this monitor?

I already had this monitor in my cart for delivery on the same day when I'm back from holiday. But somehow I couldn't get the payment through from a foreign ip.

So ordering it right here at the pool is NOT possible :(

So I started to read some reviews, downloaded the manual. And then I read this

Now I'm having second thoughts:rolleyes:

The only real option for me is having the monitor ON the motion rig

Well mine arrived this morning, and while my sim rig is in pieces as I prep for the incoming P1-X/GS-5 I have it set up on my desk and have been using it in place of my general desk display.

I am really, really impressed. Dubious about spending this much and taking a loss on my CHG90 (sold locally for $600), but it looking to be well worth it. After a few hours in The Division 2 and FH4 I have a few quick observations for those weighing their options:
  • 1440p makes a big difference, particularly with how close you want this display for a good field of view (Mine is 20-21"). Far more graphically demanding than iRacing, The Division 2 on Ultra everything is running around 70fps, which is better than I'd worried it would be running on an 8700k 4.8ghz, 2080ti OC combo. I probably wouldn't touch this without a very high spec machine. 1080p is playable, but up close the difference is night and day.
  • HDR10 is amazing. Like jaw-droppingly amazing. I'll be curious to try it more in racing specific content but it is a bit of a mind **** how dark/bright/colorful it can be. Light is very localized, so things like headlights should look astounding. I know the lighting in Division is impressive with it on. Also worth noting, the HDR4 on the CHG90 had a big lag when swapping between HDR and non-HDR content like the on-screen display. In practice this meant no music or volume changes during a race. With the new display it flickers back and forth fast enough that I bet I could get away with it in a race.
  • Color in general is far more vivid than I was expecting. As a baseline this is a very good panel.
  • Still playing with 8/10bit color and the refresh rate, but looking like I will opt for 100hz w/ 10-bit color
Really quite pleased with the upgrade, can't wait to get the new rig together and actually race with it. Shout if you have questions you want answered about it, happy to play guinea pig.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back