Samsung CRG9 / 49" / 32:9 Monitor (5120 x 1440 1000 HDR)

Quite excited and a little nervous about this monitor. I've placed an order and it's on its way, but I realized I'll need to move my rig away from the wall about 20" or so to fit this beast on there.

Moving from an Ultrawide x34, which I plan to place on top, similar to the above video, once I upgrade the rig to a Sim-Lab P1.

I should also mention I'm running a 2080ti card, which is playing games in high/ultra settings @ stable 60FPS HDR on my 4K TV, so I'm not too concerned about driving on this resolution, as it's about 10% less the amount of pixels as 4K.

Quite excited and a little nervous about this monitor. I've placed an order and it's on its way, but I realized I'll need to move my rig away from the wall about 20" or so to fit this beast on there.

Moving from an Ultrawide x34, which I plan to place on top, similar to the above video, once I upgrade the rig to a Sim-Lab P1.

I should also mention I'm running a 2080ti card, which is playing games in high/ultra settings @Solid 60FPS HDR on my 4K TV, so I'm not too concerned about driving on this resolution, as it's about 10% less the amount of pixels as 4K.
I'm seriously considering getting this monitor. I have a Sim Lab rig and currently have a 40" monitor mounted about 100mm behind my wheel. When it arrives could you measure the depth of the monitor from the front of the VESA mount to the front of the screen. I need to know if it will fit in the current gap I have behind my wheel.

I'm seriously considering getting this monitor. I have a Sim Lab rig and currently have a 40" monitor mounted about 100mm behind my wheel. When it arrives could you measure the depth of the monitor from the front of the VESA mount to the front of the screen. I need to know if it will fit in the current gap I have behind my wheel.
Will do! Delivery estimate they gave me was 1-4 weeks... so it might be some time.

Hi Neil, I have the 1080p version of this monitor (LC49HG90D) and the face of the screen in the center is about 110mm from the vesa mount on my Sim Lab monitor mount, with each edge of the screen about 190mm depth from the mount.

Assuming the monitor is the same physical size as the CRG9 that may help.

Last edited:
Mine arrived yesterday. Got it set up late last night. Haven't had a lot of time to mess with it and tidy cables but so far very happy with it.
tgdaZsf.jpg

XJdGd1V.jpg

How are you finding it Neil? I would love to know what GPU you have and what kind of frame rates you are getting.
It's early days but so far really positive. Freesync is working really well with my RTX 2080Ti. I was using a 40" 4K monitor before so this is actually pushing my graphics card less. As you can see from the screen shot in AC running the shader patch and Sol with everything maxed and no other cars on track I was getting 140 fps. In Dirt Rally 2.0, FM7 & FH4 I've been getting 80-90 fps with everything maxed apart from crowd and vegetation in DR 2.0. Not tested ACC, RF2 or R3E yet.

I like to run a realistic FOV where possible and was finding with the 40" 4K screen that a large chunk was taken up by the roof of the car which was just a waste of screen estate. I used to run 40" triples but got sick of the hassle and space required. I've really missed the extra width of triples, tried a 21:9 monitor in the past but that didn't quite do it for me. So when the 32:9 monitors showed up it got me interested again but I didn't want to drop back to a 1080 vertical res of the previous models. So this 1440 vertical res version hit the sweet spot and I decided to go for it.

The picture is excellent, better than my iiyama 40" 4K monitor in fact and with freesync & 120hz I'm really happy with the purchase. Ignore the image above as that was a quick pic after I first got it on my rig and set the correct FOV. I've now been fiddling with the seating position and have settled in most cars for being able to see the whole windscreen and the drivers side mirror as in the pic below.
CSXBhmH.jpg

It's not quite triples but pretty damn close without the hassle especially since the screen is really very wide and has a nice curve to it. I've got the screen 21" from my eyes and hope to able to move it a little closer but need to make a few changes to my rig first. The screen really needs to be as close as possible to you or the lack of vertical height would become an issue. Still lots of tweaking to do in terms of the screen settings and view settings but so far I'm really happy with the purchase.

Last edited:
It's early days but so far really positive. Freesync is working really well with my RTX 2080Ti. I was using a 40" 4K monitor before so this is actually pushing my graphics card less. As you can see from the screen shot in AC running the shader patch and Sol with everything maxed and no other cars on track I was getting 140 fps. In Dirt Rally 2.0, FM7 & FH4 I've been getting 80-90 fps with everything maxed apart from crowd and vegetation in DR 2.0. Not tested ACC, RF2 or R3E yet.

I like to run a realistic FOV where possible and was finding with the 40" 4K screen that a large chunk was taken up by the roof of the car which was just a waste of screen estate. I used to run 40" triples but got sick of the hassle and space required. I've really missed the extra width of triples, tried a 21:9 monitor in the past but that didn't quite do it for me. So when the 32:9 monitors showed up it got me interested again but I didn't want to drop back to a 1080 vertical res of the previous models. So this 1440 vertical res version hit the sweet spot and I decided to go for it.

The picture is excellent, better than my iiyama 40" 4K monitor in fact and with freesync & 120hz I'm really happy with the purchase. Ignore the image above as that was a quick pic after I first got it on my rig and set the correct FOV. I've now been fiddling with the seating position and have settled in most cars for being able to see the whole windscreen and the drivers side mirror as in the pic below.
CSXBhmH.jpg

It's not quite triples but pretty damn close without the hassle especially since the screen is really very wide and has a nice curve to it. I've got the screen 21" from my eyes and hope to able to move it a little closer but need to make a few changes to my rig first. The screen really needs to be as close as possible to you or the lack of vertical height would become an issue. Still lots of tweaking to do in terms of the screen settings and view settings but so far I'm really happy with the purchase.

Have you made any changes to the picture calibration yet? I got mine on Wednesday and I've settled on the sRGB picture preset with Black Equalizer at 17. Haven't messed with gamma or colour yet.

It's SO bright compared to my X34!

Have you made any changes to the picture calibration yet? I got mine on Wednesday and I've settled on the sRGB picture preset with Black Equalizer at 17. Haven't messed with gamma or colour yet.

It's SO bright compared to my X34!
Not yet! Managed to get HDR working today and have been trying other sims. Will dive into the screen settings tonight probably.

Thanks for the detailed response Neil, very useful!

I also have a 2080ti, I have been using the 1080p CHG90 for a while now and can run any title maxed out at great frame rates, so I was concerned that I wouldn’t be able to CRG9 without dialling back a lot of settings.

Mine arrived yesterday. Got it set up late last night. Haven't had a lot of time to mess with it and tidy cables but so far very happy with it.
tgdaZsf.jpg

XJdGd1V.jpg
Hi Neil,
can you please post some other pictures about your sim rig ?
I am interested about the way you mounted the monitor but also about the whole sim rig frame assembly.
Please tell us what are your driving feelings with Assetto Corsa Competizione.
Thank you very much !

@Neil Farren, superb man, exciting stuff and glad to see this arrived safely for you. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

I would very much appreciate if you can answer some queries I have and even if possible show some more screenshots. Framerates, as you own a top end card, are not a problem (as you say less pixels than a 4K display). For GTX 1080 or lower owners it may mean needing to drop res.

HDR with FM10 or other titles like BF
How good is it, does it also work if using PIP split screen mode?
Can you show/test PS4 on one side and PC desktop on another, does HDR still work on console this way?

One concern I have is with how bad the stretching may be with some titles. Is their away around not having this? It seems from videos in some titles that it is stretching the last @ 1/3 or more of the screen.

Lastly, please test how well the 3840x1080 mode works and also the supported 21:9 screen resolution mode. I am keen to hear (or see) how well it plays with titles that don't support 32:9 but may work with this display with 21:9

Thanks hope you really enjoy that monitor and wheel combo you have...

Last edited:
Hi Neil,
can you please post some other pictures about your sim rig ?
I am interested about the way you mounted the monitor but also about the whole sim rig frame assembly.
Please tell us what are your driving feelings with Assetto Corsa Competizione.
Thank you very much !

@Neil Farren, superb man, exciting stuff and glad to see this arrived safely for you. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

I would very much appreciate if you can answer some queries I have and even if possible show some more screenshots. Framerates, as you own a top end card, are not a problem (as you say less pixels than a 4K display). For GTX 1080 or lower owners it may mean needing to drop res.

Can you show/test PS4 on one side and PC desktop on another, does HDR still work on console this way?

One concern I have is with how bad the stretching may be with some titles. Is their away around not having this? It seems from videos in some titles that it is stretching the last @ 1/3 or more of the screen.

Lastly, please test how well the 3840x1080 mode works and also the supported 21:9 screen resolution mode. I am keen to hear (or see) how well it plays with titles that don't support 32:9 but may work with this display with 21:9

Thanks guys. I'll try and get the information you require together so I can post next weekend.

I tried PS4 and PC using PBP mode and HDR was not available on PS4 in this mode. I believe refresh rate is also capped at 100hz for PC in this mode as well.

PS4 alone on this monitor is capable of outputting at 4K resolution, which you might think would look odd as there are not that many pixels vertically, however it looks incredible, so I'm unsure how it's accomplishing that.

HDR is beautiful in Battlefield V and Forza Horizon 4. The Division 2 looked like garbage in HDR on this monitor, but looks fantastic on my Samsung KS8000 4K TV, so I'm not certain what's up with that.

With all GFX maxed in iRacing, I'm getting anywhere from 95fps to 120fps with a 2080ti.

21:9 modes and the 1080 mode are supported as well. The 1080 32:9 mode creates a blurry image, but it's doable if needed. 21:9 acts as you would expect, and sets the image in the center of the screen, with black bars taking up the left and right sides.

Last edited:
I tried PS4 and PC using PBP mode and HDR was not available on PS4 in this mode. I believe refresh rate is also capped at 100hz for PC in this mode as well.

PS4 alone on this monitor is capable of outputting at 4K resolution on this monitor, which you would think would look odd as there are not that many pixels vertically, however it looks incredible, so I'm unsure how it's accomplishing that.

HDR is beautiful in Battlefield V and Forza Horizon 4. The Division 2 looked like garbage in HDR on this monitor, but looks fantastic on my Samsung KS8000 4K TV, so I'm not certain what's up with that.

With all GFX maxed in iRacing, I'm getting anywhere from 95fps to 120fps with a 2080ti.

21:9 modes and the 1080 mode are supported as well. The 1080 32:9 mode creates a blurry image, but it's doable if needed. 21:9 acts as you would expect, and sets the image in the center of the screen, with black bars taking up the left and right sides.

Thanks for posting and going to the bother, much appreciated, but need images too (tease us please) :), For HDR, bound to be a list of (PROPER HDR) titles for PC somewhere?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back