Tracks Samarkand Fantasy Circuit (title/location WIP) - First Mod

Once you get a driveable track you can get a feel for it by consistently hotlapping some 500hp racecar and then you realise how you want to make a lot of elevation/banking changes or change some corners altogether or even just scale the whole thing up etc. I would love to comment on the layout of your track but I don't think I can at this stage, I usually only get good ideas once Ive driven on a track. lol

Edit: but Ill say that short technical circuits are my least favourite track type right now. I do prefer a medium-long length track (say 2-3minute laps) with fairly long sweeping turns that blend into one another. Think of like a country road how the curves blend into one another and a few elevation changes.

Last edited:
So, I started again, and now have an incredibly stupid problem.
I tried to add a pit lane, but for some reason the plane decided to stretch out ad infinitum, so I tried to follow it to find the end and bring it back (I'm that stupid), then realised I was very far away and now, even after reloading multiple times, I cannot find my way back to my original stuff. Anyone able to help me recentre my camera and zoom so I can see it again?

So, I started again, and now have an incredibly stupid problem.
I tried to add a pit lane, but for some reason the plane decided to stretch out ad infinitum, so I tried to follow it to find the end and bring it back (I'm that stupid), then realised I was very far away and now, even after reloading multiple times, I cannot find my way back to my original stuff. Anyone able to help me recentre my camera and zoom so I can see it again?
press comma "," on your keyboard. And you should focus on active object.

So, I returned to one of the previous attempts. I now have the textures applied so they show up: a main tarmac in the centre and a red tarmac outside for gutters and for the pit lane I have now added. I also added a couple cubes because I believe it was mentioned I need a cube for car spawn and for lap counter. I might be a bit early for these but I thought they should be in place before moving to SDK for this trial. I think, however, them not having a texture crashed SDK and now it effectively closed itself after giving me a popup telling me that the cube has no texture. Am I meant to texture these cubes? Do I need them yet? I'm trying to open the file in Assetto Corsa SDK for a test.

You just need uvmap and material for everything or sdk crashes. You can make a material in blender for all these objects (name it tempmat for example) and use a small 64x64 texture for it. In sdk you just set the renderable off for these objects so you don't see them in game. The uvmap can be bad looking but it is required for sdk to load the fbx.

Well it now opens the FBX but I still have the problem that I can't see the track at all. What do I do? Set the location to 0 and scale to 1 right?
So, couple things:
1) That didn't work
2) If I make my pit lane Y scale 1 it distorts.
I made sure Assetto Corsa SDK is on clear weather and default ppfilter. It just shows the skybox and below is just black.
How do I make this work?

My track doesn't load like the guy's Subaru in the above tutorial. It just loads a skybox, like the replied post:
Exported file so far to fbx, found that the paths have no material (???), so I have them a material and now it doesn't give me an error, but still doesn't look right. It says the materials are 'NULL'. Gave them the same texture as the road and now it doesn't complain about that. Still, the editor looks like this. Mainly black. What have I not done?
I set the location to 0,0,0 and tried scale 1,1,1 for everything, but the pit lane distorted in such a way when Y was set to be 1 that it would not be usable, so that scale stayed at around 2.1, however I don't think that should make the whole fbx file invisible, or whatever's happening.
I think that part of the tutorial is a step or so ahead of where I am. Am I right?

This is what it looks like in SDK currently. I zoomed out all the way, looked around the entire space, nothing.

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    450.8 KB · Views: 71
First open your fbx inside blender to see you are actually exporting the objects.

In sdk you have two materials tabs in the sdk. One on the top left right under File menu. Other one in the bottom next to Object tab. Click those open and you can now go through the materials in the lower list. Assign textures and the objects should appear once they have textures.

First open your fbx inside blender to see you are actually exporting the objects.

In sdk you have two materials tabs in the sdk. One on the top left right under File menu. Other one in the bottom next to Object tab. Click those open and you can now go through the materials in the lower list. Assign textures and the objects should appear once they have textures.
Imported the FBX in blender: the planes opened but with no texture, but I'm presuming that's what the next step fixes in SDK

Sorry, I'm so new, how do I do this?

You should be able to figure out some of this on your too. I cant walk you through every obstacle you have.
I know, you're right, and I'm sorry to have leant on you this whole time. Thanks for helping at all, I really didn't expect any. I'll ask elsewhere for a bit to not clog up RD and to not keep you feeling like you have to do all this for me.

OK so I asked elsewhere as I was completely stuck, and it turns out I'm a moron: the track is just h u g e. Thanks to a user in the Assetto Corsa Mod Central 24/7 group on Facebook, they told me the map was 'about 10x larger' than it needs to be. Sorry to have been such a pain earlier. It'll be a couple days before I can work on it, but after that I have steps to fix it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back