Salzburgring coming to rFactor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier today Matthias "Steppenwolf" Schmidt released the first preview shot of his upcoming track for rFactor. The Salzburgring. As you may remember the 2008 round of the ETCC (European Touring Car Cup) was held there. Although the track is more traditionally used for motorcycle racing.

The Salzburgring is a 4.225 kilometres (2.63 mi) permanent race track in Austria, east of Salzburg.

This race track had been opened in 1968. Lying in a narrow, alpine valley, it has a rather simple layout, with two long straights plus the sweeping and fast "Fahrerlagerkurve" ("paddock turn") at the bottom, and the narrow "Nockstein-Kehre" on the top. In spite of its simple layout, it garnered a fearsome reputation for the high speeds reached on the straights and the "Fahrerlagerkurve".

It hosts mainly touring car races like the German ADAC Procar Series, DPM, DTC, STW, but several Grand Prix motorcycle racing (from 1971 to 1994 except for 1980 and 1992), Superside and the Austrian motorcycle Grand Prix events were held there also. And there had been Oldtimer Grand Prix as well as during the last years a "Rupert Hollaus Memorial" organized by Ex-GP motorcycle and sidecar rider Wolfgang Stropek .

Screenshot via rFactorCentral

Attachments

• 08-Jun-09-rFactorCentral-3081_wip011.jpg
    08-Jun-09-rFactorCentral-3081_wip011.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 307
oh yea i do :freakout: :) now he just have to bring it over to evo too :D
this track is so amasing fast and the long realy fast righthander will kill any tyer in no time
so setup is realy important and balls of steel :D

if we will get it for evo i demand a mini and a SLC event there :) Andrew

• Andrew Evans

:D

i'll contact the guy and find out if he plans to bring it to evo.... and if not, will he let me feel the funk? :wink:

• Andrew Evans

nysh mate! looks like this rfactor scratcho is only 30% done... arrrf!

got a coupla wee dabbles going on atm... but if permissions don't turn up soon for cf65 then i'll be looking for something new to fixate my laserbeamstare on.... :D

arf on that side you have posted Stuart i found a version of the Schleizer Dreieck and of the Schottenring too :drool: maybe its time to get a fat 32 partition working for a GPL Reinstall, now i have to find a cd-reader as my DVD keeps telling me that my GPL CD is not a orginal cd

• Andrew Evans

i got gpl running on my machine in about 10 mins with the all-in-one installer a coupla weeks ago.... coulda sworn i had ntfs drives too - not a hint of fat32 in sight....

the only thing that doesn't work properly is the engine note... it's high pitched and whiny.... and i don't have the patience or care or need to fix it - i only want gpl to look at whether tracks are worth a-porting.... :becky:

If you ever did want to lower the note, is a 1 line parameter job in the ini file, where you set what revs the default wav represents.

If you set the default revs to be high (eg 7000) at lower revs, the pitch will drop that much more

• Andrew Evans

orly? this sounded like the game not coping with the speed of modern systems... and what i'd read about it seemed to indicate that... but i'll moochy-moo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%