RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

My first race with these (i think) and it was great fun :D
Qualified in 3rd but got a better start then Neil T so grabbed 2nd and tried to keep up with the car in front and look after my tyres at the same time but for the first few laps it was a loosing battle but after my mediums heated up i could peg the gap until i spun in turn one letting Neil T back through. Eventually found myself in the lead after passing Neil T and Giorgio pitted and it was all looking good for a while as i felt i had looked after my tyres better than Neil T but a spinning back marker at turn one brought an end to that as i had to stop to avoid hitting him which let the 2 chasing cars through :frown:.
Had a good run catching Neil T up again but we had a little contact when i tried to pass him which sent me into the sand and nearly ended the challenge until he went grass tracking on the last lap :wink: which got my hopes up again :) but he held on for his 2nd place and me 3rd.

Thnx all for a bit of fun with these beauties, i really loved them although i had my wing set a bit low and it was a handfull in a couple of corners but i guess it made it all the more interesting. :thumb:

Well these are the best of times and the worst of times......................who said that anyway? Hemingway?

Q I get in a goo session on 8 laps of fuel and am 2nd I think. I reload, drop a bit of fuel and sell out on a one lap run. I am really quick thru sector 2 and on pace for a 59.7 then lose it in canada and thats that. Sam notes how quick I was going but for naught.

R1 get a good start and hold pace with Sam door to door into T1. Sam is inside and I let him thru. MEanwhile Keith is already up from DFL and visible in the mirror. I stay in P2 exiting the left under the first bridge and I loop it on cold tires! dammmit! Keith is on TS going "oh Eric nooooooooo" I am now behind Stefan and Michael. I run them down pretty quickly but Stefan gets thru Michael on sportsmanship on lap 3. I run up on Michael but get no free pass and have to battle hard for 3 laps to get by him. I go off twice trying not to run into him when he brakes waaaay early for a couple of corners then run him down again etc etc etc....

I finish in P4

R2 I get the Jump and am leading by T1 by splitting Eric and Don off the line. I extend hard to a 5.5 second lead. I already knwo that if I am to win I need to get all the miles I can between me and Sam or KEith as possible. KEith gets around Sam and starts choppping into my lead. About .75-1.0 per lap. I am making some mistakes when he gets within 2 seconds. I am really struggling with the car when KEith arrives on my bumper. He bides his time and gives me room as I am squirrely and scary in many corners now.

Keith gets by me with 5 to go. but I don;t give up so easily. I hang on his back for anotehr lap. Then I gain a bit and have a bad moment when I outbrake myself and send KEith crashing into the barriers in the lefy hander leading to carousel. I apologize and we move on. KEith has no front bumper and is wprried about finishing. My car is not nearly as bad but I will not pass him since I caused his problem.

I am counting down the gap to Stefan who now smells blood from 4th spot.

HE gets close but loops it with about 4 corners left to the finish and he is onl;y about 1.5 behind.

So I finish in 3rd.

Not a bad days work but I really feel bad about stuffing Keith. He takes it like a good guy and doesn't rip me for the bonehead move.

See yall this week!

Servername:
RACEDEPARTMENT WTCC

Class:
WTCC 08 (Excluding Volvo C30)
Track: Anneau du Rhin 2008
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr-evolution-tracks-4/potrero-de-los-funes-v1-0-1259/

Weather:
Dry
Start:
09:00GMT
Practice:
45 minutes
Qualification:
10 minutes Superpole
Warmup: 5
minutes
Race:
2 x 30 mins
Pit Stop: Forced
- All 4 tires must be changed

Notes:

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply
send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

To all that use TeamSpeak:
Please remember to respect your fellow drivers that use TeamSpeak as well as on the track.
Please try to leave any grievances until after the race and follow the grievance process above.
Some members find outbursts distracting so lets respect others and leave all issues until the races have finished :thumb:

Entry List:

1. Ryan Callan
2. Rhys Gardiner
3. Mike Bell
4. Dan Allinson
5. Nathan McGrath
6. Simon Gardner
7. Kevin Hopkins
8. Oancea Gabriel
9. Chris Sykes
10. Stepan Senyuk
11. Paul Wood
12. Robert Isles
13. Guenthar Rowe
14. Szabolcs Hanyik
15. Miguel Neto
16. Richard Elfrink
17. Sidonio Manuel
18. Anibal Moreira
19. Diogo Lopes
20. Ethan Bass
21. Ronald Gaviola
22. Gabor Ludvig
23. Ariel Doman
24. Dubravko Vuckovic
25. Oliver Wickens

WTCC 08 Sunday club EU / US / AU Skinpack v1.1
Submit skins here

To 'maybes'. You will be added as a 'Cinderella' at the bottom of the Entrylist. If your spot is needed then you WILL lose it.
If you are the last 'maybe' added you will be the first 'maybe' to lose your slot to someone that can confirm a sign-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%