RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

So I'm going to take the dive and try this race as my very first on RD :)

I'm really excited and my goal is to just get used to online racing, not get in anyone's way and make it to the finish line! I've done a bit of pick-up online racing here and there but never through RD or any other community for that matter.

I'm in Toronto so that'll be EST I believe. I'll be there!

Sign me up! :D

First of all,i really enjoyed the race as i never done a WTCC enduro so it was a challange for me.
I chosed the Lacetti because it was a long time from when i'v raced last time with it,and i also found a skin that maked me feel very good because when i was on straights,i was looking from outside all around the car to admire it,i just couldn't stop doing this and this helped me with he psichyc.

Practice: With a setup downloaded from the RD Forum i managed my PB 2:00:074.
Qualification: One lap of it and here i was on P5 with Simon Gardiner at only 00:001 behind me on 6th.I managed a 2:00:27x

Race: Started good as i overtook a Lacetti on straight,i think it was Geoffrey Fournier.But the situation changed as i was braking for the first corner to right when i was bumped out of the track by Chris Sykes and i was in a way obligated to cut the left corner and i imediatly got a Stop&Go from my 1st lap.(Chris,don't worry mate,in the first corner of Monza is allways a big chance of a tap,you can see this on Eurosport when WTCC is there,they are cutting massively because of the jam and touches,but anyway,we shoul all know next time on Monza to be more careful with the first lap of the race as it's big traffic and hard chicanes)

After 2 more laps i pitted and here i am on last place,P19.
When i chatched Oancea Gabriel and another driver on the Start/Finish line,i pushed between them before the chichanes and i got outside of the track,cutting again(after you recieve a first Stop&Go penalty,you will recieve a Stop&Go penalty for each cut and not once a 3 cuts)so again i was having to pull to the pits and pay the money.

After that,i managed to get on 11 or 10th spot behind Fournier and Middleton but in the 2nd chichane,Chris Sykes spinned and he waited us in the mddle of the track without trying to get out of our way,and i saw him late as Fournier was right in my front bumper,and this maked me to avoid him as a urgent manuver,on the shorter way of the track and got again a Stop&Go Penalty,my 3rd one:frown:.I was mad,pissed off,no words to say as i was yelling(but all of these passed i as was riding to the finish as i realised what a great race i'v had).I even talked in the race and told Chris to move out of the way after he had a crash,and he was having the necesar time as i watched the replay and he waited there for 5 seconds after the car stopped.
Anyway,i pitted for the 3rd time to pay the money and after that started in a crazy pursuing of the 11th,10th,9th,8th,7th,6th and 5th place as i managed to get on P5 after about 10 laps.I am sure some of them had Stop&Go and others had to pit for fuel and tires.I had pitted for fuel and tires 2 times as this was my strategy

.Anyway,after several laps in 5th place with Simon Gardiner behind me,i had to pit for my 2nd stop to refuel and change the tires.I exited pits on place 9th but managed to got 7th untill finish.
Oh,wait,i even had a 4th Stop&Go penalty and this was because of myself,i did a mistake and cutted again the track so here i was last 2 laps having another stop&go wich i didn't do as i could finish without.:D

I really enjoyed this race as i was saying before it was a competition for me,and this is even more than a competition when you have 3stop&go's and the first one in first lap.
Thank you all for participating and thank you Hugo and RaceDepartment for such a great event.See you on the next one guys:D.Congrats to winners,Darius is the only one i know,sorry,can't remember the other 2 names:D

Cheers Hugo for getting this event up was great fun and thanks to everyone else who was racing had a blast.

Quali 9th, far higher than expected.

race plan was a 1 stopper

Start of the race as David said I gave him a little love tap in to T1 very sorry for that mate I started to brake earlier than people in front but then I let of a little to close the gap it was a bad mistake, so then I was down 17th not the end of the world as I was going to lap 20 to 21 before pitting, got to lap 19 and my tyres were down to 48% and going in to T3 I lost the back end and stalled the car by the time I brought the car to a full stop I had Nathan and David someone else is a Lacetti entering T3 I wasn't in the ideal place but I thought to start moving while they were that close was silly as it could end there race and my own so I waited till the past, so I pitting on lap 19 after that the car felt loads better, managed to finish the race 2 laps down in 10th.

I should add as well I don't have in game chat turned on due to it being to distracting in any session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back