Camber Front: -3.5
Camber Rear: -1.5
Toe Front: 0.07
Toe Rear: 0.26

Tyres
Option

Notes
Time 01:30.386 .No assists. Very stable set-up

Using mouta's 2nd setup. 1.31 in quali, career legend mode, easy pole position driving lotus.

Started race with cautious fuel and despite staying on mix 2 for the entire race and only going to mix 3 when a car got into DRS I ended up on optimal fuel before the end and every other car seemed to be on rich mix lap after lap after lap with no end. Got swamped in the last 10 laps by 3 cars and only just managed 3rd lol. This is the 2nd year of my career and almost every race so far i've found that im miles ahead in practice and quali, even without using DRS, yet the AI in the race are on rails. I had to switch on T/C and ABS for bahrain and still struggled to keep up with my teammates AI. Even weirder was the fact my gearbox was set to the highest possible 7th gear yet every other car, including my teammate, had massive top speed advantage? I had 1-1 wings so how can i go any faster lol. Maybe I should go back to pro and use the default setups to even the playing field :). Just seems stupid when you have a good setup and can drive it well enough to blitz the field that you still get swamped in the race.

Using mouta's 2nd setup. 1.31 in quali, career legend mode, easy pole position driving lotus.

Started race with cautious fuel and despite staying on mix 2 for the entire race and only going to mix 3 when a car got into DRS I ended up on optimal fuel before the end and every other car seemed to be on rich mix lap after lap after lap with no end. Got swamped in the last 10 laps by 3 cars and only just managed 3rd lol. This is the 2nd year of my career and almost every race so far i've found that im miles ahead in practice and quali, even without using DRS, yet the AI in the race are on rails. I had to switch on T/C and ABS for bahrain and still struggled to keep up with my teammates AI. Even weirder was the fact my gearbox was set to the highest possible 7th gear yet every other car, including my teammate, had massive top speed advantage? I had 1-1 wings so how can i go any faster lol. Maybe I should go back to pro and use the default setups to even the playing field :). Just seems stupid when you have a good setup and can drive it well enough to blitz the field that you still get swamped in the race.

I primarily use my first setup is around 3 tenths faster. first that 1.31 is a good time. for gasoline, I always put conserbadora more than anything by that last tire change put the mixture 3 and whenever I'm in the pit lane put the mixture 1. when I leave the first round pits the Mix 2 Aug always. if you do not feel comfortable with the 1-1 can climb the aerodynamics, I the 3-2 or 4-5 ba me well. this depends on your riding. So if when you go to aerodynamics reminds gearbox down to the race call DRS unless you have these in less than a second of your opponent.

T

McLaren

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 2

Braking
Balance: F 51% - R 49%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 5
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 8

Suspension
Front Ride Height:1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 6
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6

I got a pole with 1:32.104 (-0.068 from 2nd)

In the race the AI(legend) pace for me seemed perfect, I was being pushed for more than a half a race, but managed to stay first by using most of the kers in DRS zone, as the race went by and I got a good feeling of the car I was then even able to create a gap of over 6s and set the fastest lap by -0.5s (last lap of the race).

You said you set your 7th to the highest possible. Well, if you can't use DRS and are not maxing out 7th gear, it's actually SLOWING YOU DOWN. Long 7th gear is good for time trial and qualy, but in the race with no DRS you will have lower rpms and therefore slower acceleration at high speed. With no DRS you should aim for 7th gear getting or just about to get green lights rpms by the end of the straight.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back