F1 2010 Sakhir - Bahrain (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
My Throttle map is locked on the Virgin? Custom settings AI set to Hard.

Still finding that i can spin the backend out although i can now slide the car road corners. So moved the balance to 40 and the car is ok to handle but very unstable round the high speed bend in sector 2.

(TPR Inertia) Sahkir current lap record (dry)

Some of u guys may know me from 4za and racepro etc and will know that i dont mind handing out lap record tunes normaly, but with this game only having 19 tracks im not going to be giving out current tunes after my first bunch, and some i might not give out at all :-( after ive done each track u's will need to wiat for the 3rd gen tunes to be made befor i give out the second gen, i know its a bit nerdy and i hate doing it myself, but with a game that will potentuly be very competative with the small number of tracks and only one car class it is the only way to try and stay ahead of the other teams (they wouldnt give me a setup ;-) )
so here is my first tune for bahrain, hope us like it

Type: Hotlap Car: Mclaren Time:1.47.5

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 52 - R 48
Pressure: high
Brake Size: small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 50 - R 50
Front Anti-roll Bar: 6
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 6
Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 6
Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 77 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 94 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 111 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 132 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 156 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 174 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 198 mph​
Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: N/A
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.32

• Mjollnir

I am used to drive gp4, gtr2 and dirt2. And always managed to drive some laps near the best world times. I did race go-kart in the past and i am fast. But what you people do in f1 2010 is to much. If i atack the corners like that and then put on the gas. I am all over the place. Best time i managed is a lousy 1.50.3. Do you use first person view? And expert level i supose? Mabey its my cheap steering wheel ;-)

The game is playable without any assistants. With assists its boorin g easy arcade :) Very important is Car setup. If you are experienced driver, its only question of time when you gonna kill it .)

• Mjollnir

I hope i dont kill my self before that haha. I did order a logitech G25 to help me ;-). I am using a old rumble force steering wheel of trustmaster. Sometimes it gets me into a wall :)

I always wanted Thrustmaster Enzo ! But i never get it :( In czech republic wasnt aviable :( My teammate was doing WR's in few arcade games on it :)
I also using now cheap wheel - Xbox360 - Logitech Formula Force EX and im happy. But G25 is great wheel. But im not sure if you will use it on full power with this 360° turning angle in Formula 1 cars :)

• Mjollnir

If i have a other run off the track with the g25. :) i can give it a swing ;-) i am sure i use the 360 turning haha.

Sure, G25 is awesome. My friend has it and i tested it few days :) But specialy for F1 i recomending you use DXtweak tool to change turning angle from 360° maybe to 180% or your hands gonna die on few tracks you need to turn very quick and very often :D

• Mjollnir

Thanx for the info. I just downloaded it. Now i wait for the wheel to arrive. The tool has a lot of settings.....

You must move Y axix and X asis more near the center (symetric/both sides by same parametr) it means that it will turn on max even when you turn your wheel less than is wheel's maximum :) So then you dont need to move with wheel so much :)

Exactly like on this pic: (default settings is when red line is going exactly from the corners, this is modified settins what gives you more steering strenght with less wheel moving. Test how its gonna be best for your style. When i was racing on PC i used this tool especialy for F1 cars :)

041122.jpg

• Mjollnir

Thanx for the information :) i cant wait to test it out. I still need to wait 2 days for my wheel :-(

This is the first time i use a wheel for a formula 1 game :). I used to race on LFRS in the keyboard leage. But i am sure not much people remember those GP2 times on the web in the 90's lol

• Nestroit

UsR Deano is on my friendslist, he told me that he uses TPR Inertias Setup,

I have activated his ghostcar and he has got a lot more grip, even he uses 1:1 Aero.

so I am gonna try Inertias Setup too, 1:49.4 is not that bad(currently rank 23 on xbox)

but UsR Deano did a 1:46.8, I always knew that he's a freak(PGR4), but goddamn it! :)

TCS on Medium I guess.

• Mjollnir

Lol same problem here. I drove 1.49.4 also. 1.46 pffff. I do notice that if you practise a lot you get more perfect in laping the circuit. But honestly i would never drive like that in real life hehe.

• kcs

With Ramons setup I have achive best laps at 2:07:xx with Lotus in career mode. It is great setup for time trials, but in career mode we do not have available all upgrades. I have modified a little Melbourne - Australia (Dry) setup from this forum.
Maybe it helps someone in starting new career, car is more stable at corners, but also less responsive to wheels.
Let me know if you achive better lap times with this.

Sakhir - Bahrain (Dry) - my setup - lotus -career mode

So far I reached 2.01.379, but I'm a lousy driver.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 2

Braking

Balance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8

Suspension

Front Spring Stiffness: 4
Rear Spring Stiffness: 5

Gearbox

Gear 1: 115 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 146 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 176 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 206 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 241 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 272 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 305 kph / xxx mph

Engine

Throttle map: Standard

Alignment

Camber front: -1.40
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

• jakeman

so what car or team you using here Ramon??
So far I reached 1.51.764, but 1.50.x is in reach if everything goes well.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 2
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 7
Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Gearbox
Gear 1: 124 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 152 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 182 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 213 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 246 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 280 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 318 kph / xxx mph​
Engine
Alignment
Camber front: -1.20
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

So

Sahkir Lap record (dry)

Type: Hotlap Car: McLaren Time: 1.46.435 (Run by ALTFOX) Created by me, My time 1.47.3, CBA trying to beat him atm, his lap is pretty epic lol

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 1
Braking
Balance: F 52 - R 48
Brake Size: Small
Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 40 - R 60
Front Anti-roll Bar: 8
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 8
Suspension
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / 77 mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / 94 mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / 111 mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / 132 mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / 156 mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / 174 mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / 198 mph​
Engine
Alignment
Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.50
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.32

sorry for the double post, never realised that it was moved the first time, when i first posted the site was having probs so i thought it didnt go up, now i realise it did lol

Thank you for your setup Sam, with it I've made my personal record, which is 1:52:9XX

It wasn't a perfect lap but I could lower it 2 seconds at the most. How can you and your friend make 1:46 or 1:47? Is it PC, PS3 or XboX? And do you didi it with any kind of helps? Manual or automatic?

And once again... thanks for all! ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing