F1 2011 Saitek PS1000 config (PC)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all. Can anyone tell me how to configure this gamepad (im playing on PC) - all those linearity, strenght, deadzones, etc? Im a newbie in using such 'high-tech' stuff :D Its my first pad, so i also please to show me the best 'key-configuration' (also which stick to move, which button to 'gas pedal', etc) used by You in F1 2011.

Much thanks in advance,
Best regards
m.

Forgive me for double post, but really I'm very anxious to get answers. I'm counting on you. Thanks in advance again ...

Okay, I understand that no one has got this model, no one uses this model of Saitek, but in that case can someone show me configuration to another model? Always something ... It may be helpful. I will be grateful. Forgive me the triple post, forced me to this lack of response ...

best regards...

Why dont you just configure your pad the way you feel comfortable - using defaults for the buttons / deadzones / saturation / linearity etc.

Play the game, and then if something doesnt feel right, eg, the throttle too sensitive, or you cant keep it in a straight line at speed - come back and ask for advice on what to tweak.

Meet us halfway here mate, give us something to go on - just get stuck into the game and come back for advice when you actually need something specific. :D We just dont have enough information to go on at the moment.

@ M@gik ... thanks for Your attention, but #primo - i dont have any possibility to buy/use wheel... I can use only my keyboard or pad - so i think pad is better controler in such game, #secundo - my pad is already installed and working (in techinical way) well, so i dont need any installation instructions or new drivers... But hey, thanks for Your reply.

@ Paul Lock ... I don't feel comfortable with pad AT ALL :D Like i said - its my first pad (i don't have PS3, XBOX, or any other console), so i realy feel pretty strange using it. You will ask - then why You bought one and why are You trying to use it? - The answer is above... (my reply to M@gik) - i just think its better then simple notebook keyboard. I hope it will be much better to drive using pad then keyboard. This is why i asked You to help me out. I dont have any experience in using such thing. I realy dont know what will give me more or less % in deadzones, saturation or linearity - and i just thought You will help me. Im green like my wifes eyes :D

But ok, i tried to use it and i have some question. In my opinion stick which is ordered to be a driving 'wheel' is to much sensitive. I cant make even one clear curve. (its maybe because of my lack of experience using pad, but maybe i can make something in configuration to solve it out). For now - for testing pad and a game, im using all assist on and still cant drive through all the track perfectly - my time in practice (career mode) @Lotus on Suzuka is ~1:40 (i used Force India car setup with a little modifications) - made ~30 laps for now.

Hope it helps You out to help me with it :D

EDIT - i just made 1:38:511 - its better, but still way to slow... Still have problems with turning - especially on high speed curves.

@ Paul Lock ... I don't feel comfortable with pad AT ALL :D Like i said - its my first pad (i don't have PS3, XBOX, or any other console), so i realy feel pretty strange using it. You will ask - then why You bought one and why are You trying to use it? - The answer is above... (my reply to M@gik) - i just think its better then simple notebook keyboard. I hope it will be much better to drive using pad then keyboard. This is why i asked You to help me out. I dont have any experience in using such thing. I realy dont know what will give me more or less % in deadzones, saturation or linearity - and i just thought You will help me. Im green like my wifes eyes :D

But ok, i tried to use it and i have some question. In my opinion stick which is ordered to be a driving 'wheel' is to much sensitive. I cant make even one clear curve. (its maybe because of my lack of experience using pad, but maybe i can make something in configuration to solve it out). For now - for testing pad and a game, im using all assist on and still cant drive through all the track perfectly - my time in practice (career mode) @Lotus on Suzuka is ~1:40 (i used Force India car setup with a little modifications) - made ~30 laps for now.

Hope it helps You out to help me with it :D

EDIT - i just made 1:38:511 - its better, but still way to slow... Still have problems with turning - especially on high speed curves.

You need to be realistic here - you say you have NEVER used a joypad - so its going to take more than 30 laps until it even starts feeling right in your hand, let fine tuning the controls. Is anyone instantly good at anything? Maybe - but most people need a great deal of practice, and thats something only you can do, through putting in time and effort. No one here (and it looks like its only me and you) has got a magic wand and its impossible to 'teach' you the fundamental skills of using a joypad over a forum.

I dont even use a joypad myself anymore, but when I first started playing 2010 I was using a Thrustmaster Firestorm and I found the defaults for deadzone / saturation / linearity to be perfectly fine. If it feels 'too sensitive' then go to the advanced controls menu and decrease the saturation or increase the linearity. The game tells you what each slider does, so you need to experiment. What seems too sensitive for one person might be too laggy for someone else - you know what i mean?

What im saying is, dont run before you can walk. F1 is going to be a hard game to learn basic joypad controls with, as most people have grown up with consoles playing stuff like Mario Kart, GT so know how things work. You are going to need hours of practice, we all did.

You need to be realistic here - you say you have NEVER used a joypad - so its going to take more than 30 laps until it even starts feeling right in your hand, let fine tuning the controls. Is anyone instantly good at anything? Maybe - but most people need a great deal of practice, and thats something only you can do, through putting in time and effort. No one here (and it looks like its only me and you) has got a magic wand and its impossible to 'teach' you the fundamental skills of using a joypad over a forum.

I dont even use a joypad myself anymore, but when I first started playing 2010 I was using a Thrustmaster Firestorm and I found the defaults for deadzone / saturation / linearity to be perfectly fine. If it feels 'too sensitive' then go to the advanced controls menu and decrease the saturation or increase the linearity. The game tells you what each slider does, so you need to experiment. What seems too sensitive for one person might be too laggy for someone else - you know what i mean?

What im saying is, dont run before you can walk. F1 is going to be a hard game to learn basic joypad controls with, as most people have grown up with consoles playing stuff like Mario Kart, GT so know how things work. You are going to need hours of practice, we all did.

Heh... I think You are right. All i wanted is to get best settings from experienced people from this forum and try to learn driving on them. Just to get more practice and become perfect pad user. As I see for now its not possible to set some best setup for every one. For now i will try to improve my skills on pad.

My current settings:
steering deadzone 50%
steering saturation 0%
steering linearity 75%
throttle deadzone 0%
throttle saturation 0%
brake deadzone 0%
brake saturation 0%

Now i will train on them (or maybe You have got any sugestions?) As for now, i now for sure that in Japan i can make 1st sector fastaer ~0,7 sec... 2nd and 3rd sector is now impossible for me to go quicker.

And yes... Im scared of those 'hours of practice' - but will do my best :)

And again at the end - I am really grateful for your help and all comments and suggestions.

I found these settings to be the best for Dualshock 3 (pad from ps3):
Steering Deadzone: 9%
Steering Saturation: 0%
Steering Linearity: 100%
Throttle Deadzone: 15%
Throttle Saturation: 9%
Brake Deadzone: 15%
Brake Saturation: 4%
Try these out, high speed corners are responsible and driving is fun:)

I found these settings to be the best for Dualshock 3 (pad from ps3):
Steering Deadzone: 9%
Steering Saturation: 0%
Steering Linearity: 100%
Throttle Deadzone: 15%
Throttle Saturation: 9%
Brake Deadzone: 15%
Brake Saturation: 4%
Try these out, high speed corners are responsible and driving is fun:)

Thanks a lot, i will try this tomorrow... As for now, with mine pad-setup i made 1:37:878 (Lotus, Suzuka, Full-assist) with car setup below (if any one can check this setup with his hands and experience, it would be great...)

Car
Team Lotus
Circuit
Suzuka - Japan
Condition
Dry
Distance
- (improving grounds)
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 10
Braking