Sahara-Force India unveils VJM08

B-sEltNW8AAtK0p.jpg
Sahara-Force India has finally unveiled it's 2015 VJM08 car, and plans to run their new car from the second day onwards of this week's final Formula One pre-season test at Barcelona.

The team have faced a tumultuous pre-season this year, as they missed the first test and delays with the build of their new VJM08 race car meant they only ran their 2014 spec car in the second pre-season test last week at Barcelona.

The team plan for the car to arrive at the Barcelona track on Friday morning, before taking part in the remaining three days of the final test. Sahara-Force India COO Otmar Szafnauer shed some light on the new car "The VJM08 will arrive in Barcelona on Friday morning and the final set up will take place in the garage at the track, We are aiming to get out on Friday and the new car will run as much as possible over the weekend."

Szafnauer also gave some insight into the progress the team has made this week by stating "It has progressed well over the last few days and the car has now been fired up at the factory,That's always the key moment when the car truly comes to life.We have seen a tremendous effort from every department over the last few months to get us to this stage and we're looking forward to seeing the car take to the track later this week."

After a troubled pre-season where rumors of a financial crisis have persisted, now it appears the Sahara-Force India team can finally focus on getting some miles in their 2015 VJM08 race car. The team performed well in 2014, although they may struggle in the early portion of this season, simply because of the lack of testing mileage they will have in comparison with every other team going into the new season. Once this team comes good however, watch out for them to impress as they seem to do every year.

What are your thoughts on Sahara-Force India finally announcing their 2015 VJM08? Please feel free to comment below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful car, but something tells me heads are rolling internally...F1 is headed for some rough years ahead. Mashups, shake-ups, just count them:

MaRussia tragedy in 2014
Financial issues through 2015 for many teams
Loss of MaRussia
Teams blocking each other
Late entry car
Fernando's incident

I'm afraid of what will happen next.

Beautiful car, but something tells me heads are rolling internally...F1 is headed for some rough years ahead. Mashups, shake-ups, just count them:

MaRussia tragedy in 2014
Financial issues through 2015 for many teams
Loss of MaRussia
Teams blocking each other
Late entry car
Fernando's incident

I'm afraid of what will happen next.
what does fernando's incident do in that list? I don't think it was anything serious just there for observation because the hit came sideways and it might have hurt his neck

No chance of it been a Cinderella story ala brawn 2009? Lol

Maybe FI have a wicked fast car and have just been keeping it hidden to get a head start on the other teams.

Or more realistically they're broke and will be fitting to just get out of q1.....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%