Sahara Force India (2012) [Modular] (MyTeam & Racing Point FOM)

Skins Sahara Force India (2012) [Modular] (MyTeam & Racing Point FOM) 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content

ParkYongLee

Modular Mods Creator
ParkYongLee submitted a new resource:

Sahara Force India (2012) [MyTeam & Racing Point FOM] - Sahara Force India is now back in the game. Based on some real F1 2012/13 livery.

Description:

Long time no see but still recognized as beautiful as ever.
Sahara Force India is now back in the game.
This livery is based on F1 2012 real life Force India livery.

Installation replacing Racing Point (force_india):

Simply copy 2020_asset_groups from 1 - force_india replacement into your main F1 game folder
...\F1 2020\
and confirm to overwrite...

Read more about this resource...

@TrooperAsh What exactly do you mean the colors get washed?
Which version did you install? Racing Point? MyTeam? If MyTeam > copy & paste or manual?
Can you make a screenshot or a small video what you mean, I have absolutely no idea.

in the picture before the pits in Australia you can see the car (specifically the orange) being faded by the sun. in my case its always like this when it should look a little more vibrant on some occasions like in your showroom screenshot. red bull my team copy paste. no other mods and im on dx12. as if when planes touch and hit some type of transparency from the edge of another plane.

but yeah I can take a screenshot and I do apologize for my comment. I read it again and sounds a little jerkish. picking about the tiniest thing lol. but you got no idea how long i waited on this skin. it really is superb. oh and feel free to delete my comment and I can just give a nice big huuuulllllkenberrrrgg

Last edited:
I can't delete comments or ratings.

@ML2166 can you lend me a hand here and try to figure, what I could improve? I guess I kinda know what he means, the color needs to be more vibrant but I'm not sure if it is just the _d color or the _s (I used 255,53, 0 glossy). At first I had darker orange and green but that resembled fore Force India in 2014.

But in general I notice a difference depening on the used screen. My IPS at home shows it way more virbrant than my TN CAD panel at work. So it might differ ofc, if you @TrooperAsh are not using an IPS panel.

IPS panel theory could definitely be the issue but currently I’m also using a IPS panel at home. Honestly, Park, I wouldn’t touch a thing. Unless it’s something you you insist on doing. Sometimes I want to think it’s codies and their lighting. Ever since they added those new glove textures or finishes it seems something just hasn’t been 100% (in the game)

I can't delete comments or ratings.

@ML2166 can you lend me a hand here and try to figure, what I could improve? I guess I kinda know what he means, the color needs to be more vibrant but I'm not sure if it is just the _d color or the _s (I used 255,53, 0 glossy). At first I had darker orange and green but that resembled fore Force India in 2014.

But in general I notice a difference depening on the used screen. My IPS at home shows it way more virbrant than my TN CAD panel at work. So it might differ ofc, if you @TrooperAsh are not using an IPS panel.
It will potentially always differ from panel type to panel type, IPS, TN, LED etc, as well as different user settings on monitors, graphics cards. You see this in High St stores running the same programme on multiple TV's with different panel types.....how different they can look. Honestly I don't see anything wrong here with the choice of colour. No matter what you do regarding colour, some people will say spot on, some will say colour is off. Also the in game lighting effects does differ to the showroom lighting.

I tend to use 255, 114, 0 for the main paint, a slightly boosted satin, but only slightly.

Last edited:
“No matter what you do regarding colour, some people will say spot on, some will say colour is off.” That’s def 100% accurate. @ParkYongLee My comment was just more of an observation than a complaint. Between this skin, the Williams fw32 and the option to change names and faces now, It’s time for some Nico RP. @ML2166 would it be too much to ask to see what your custom satin finish looks like with the paints you mentioned in the last post?

And park. Leave it be brother. Seriously awesome job. Gonna be one of the most downloaded ones I’m sure. If you decide to change maybe wait on a little more feedback. Appreciate you and @ML2166 taking the time out. :thumbsup: “editied”.... to clarify and take notice of

Last edited:
Well, yeah. It is how it is. I played around a bit with different colors and different _s colors, going a bit more metallicglossy. But then again, the fin looks already a bit different than the part below it, which still looks not as outwashed as the stripes at the top sides. But all have the same color in _d and _s.

So, case closed. I checked and saw ML used the same _s color on his redbull, which is very glossy compared, but only where the color is pretty dark.

On my screen the maincolors for SFI don't look outwashed and noone else complained ^^. One only wrote about the black gap I created at the back, well it resembles the 2012 livery and I love the back of that chassis, so I recreated it ^__^. Same goes for the frontwing-sides and below-nose part. Took me hours for already those parts :D

Well, yeah. It is how it is. I played around a bit with different colors and different _s colors, going a bit more metallicglossy. But then again, the fin looks already a bit different than the part below it, which still looks not as outwashed as the stripes at the top sides. But all have the same color in _d and _s.

So, case closed. I checked and saw ML used the same _s color on his redbull, which is very glossy compared, but only where the color is pretty dark.

On my screen the maincolors for SFI don't look outwashed and noone else complained ^^. One only wrote about the black gap I created at the back, well it resembles the 2012 livery and I love the back of that chassis, so I recreated it ^__^. Same goes for the frontwing-sides and below-nose part. Took me hours for already those parts :D
Haha, it wasn’t really a complaint more of a this is what’s happening. I only play cockpit no hud so for hours all I do is stare at my car haha. And between Helmets and wings....god help me. Tough stuff. Thanks tho. Keep up the mods for sure

So, yeah. It is Codemasters' lighting ... you know, I wanted to resemble the original real life livery and car. And that car was pretty glossy, especially at the orange parts.

1612027546659.png

But in F1 2020 in bright day light it results in too bright reflections. So, I would have to change the _s texture to matte like most of the other cars (like McLaren) are.

1612027430861.png

Looks nice from far away, but I don't like it up close, especially from the cockpit view. Because the original car was not matte.

1612121432415.png

@TrooperAsh

deep color, no glare, no washing, but matte - if you want it, use the attached png file and create a dds out of it
sfi_livery_s.matte.png

If more users want the livery to be matte (like most of the other F1 cars are), let me know and I will put it into the mod.

my game crashes after installing the myteam version, I have no mods installed
Hm, myteam version you say. Ok, I will recheck, maybe some data got corrupted. Thanks for the specific report.

E: Ok, this is weird, The other mod, that is included to get rid of double loading textures - seem to break it now after the latest patch BUT another one installed that mod after that patch and he rated it 5* - so it should be working ...?

Anyway, I'll sort it out, no problems - maybe I will have to remove the myteam_ENGINE no sharing - I see I forgot to include backup for the myteam_ ... erp files. I'm on it!

Last edited:
ParkYongLee updated Sahara Force India (2012) [Modular] (MyTeam & Racing Point FOM) with a new update entry:

integrated the mod into my new modular system, please check the overview page

Changelog 1.3:
  • The mod has become part of the Modular Mods system and must meet its requirements (see the readme file or the overview page)
  • added missing decal detail on the nose
  • changed texture specular for orange to appear stronger and less outwashed
  • added fantasy livery with Racing Point colors :D
    View attachment 456452
  • added alternate tyres with less white
    View attachment 456450

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline