Safety Rating and Other Questions...

Fairly new to ACC, so I hope these questions aren't too basic:

1. I've done about 7 quick-races against AI (mostly at Laguna). Is there a way to see everyone's fastest in-race lap time after the race?

2. When and where do I establish a safety rating? I look at my Stats and don't see it there.

3. On the Main Menu, under "Circuit", the "Personal Best Lap" is blank even though I've raced countless laps at that given circuit (Laguna). Why is there no personal best lap time shown for me?

4. This may shed some light on the answers to Question 1 - 3. Although I use my own name under Driver Profile, when I quick-race I just click on a car to use that has an in-game name assigned to it (Enzo Bonito in the McLaren in my case). When racing, I'm racing as "Enzo Bonito" - How do I race under my own name?

Thanks!

1. You can check that when you are back in the garage, "Timetables" menu.

2. You unlock SA (safety rating) when you reach 50CC, or Car Control.

3. Happens the same to me, but I don't really care that much.

4. In the offline modes you impersonate the chosen driver from the team you select. Online you will race with your own profile name. You can also use your own name offline, by creating a custom livery with a team name. In that case you will race using your own name offline too.

1. You can check that when you are back in the garage, "Timetables" menu.

2. You unlock SA (safety rating) when you reach 50CC, or Car Control.

3. Happens the same to me, but I don't really care that much.

4. In the offline modes you impersonate the chosen driver from the team you select. Online you will race with your own profile name. You can also use your own name offline, by creating a custom livery with a team name. In that case you will race using your own name offline too.

Thx for those answers, but regarding #2 -- Is there any way of seeing your CC rating before reaching 50, so that you know exactly where you stand and how much farther you need to go?

Thanks.

Hmmm, not sure what you mean. Stats are unlocked in sequence, first you do TR, getting the medals. Once you get TR 50 (not sure how many medals you need for this) you unlock the next rating, CN. after 50 CN you unlock CC, and so on.

After CC you get access to both the PC and the SA rating, then RC (racecraft) and finally CP, that can only be increased competing in the official servers.

If you could show me a screenshot of what you see on your ratings page I could tell you more.

Hmmm, not sure what you mean. Stats are unlocked in sequence, first you do TR, getting the medals. Once you get TR 50 (not sure how many medals you need for this) you unlock the next rating, CN. after 50 CN you unlock CC, and so on.

After CC you get access to both the PC and the SA rating, then RC (racecraft) and finally CP, that can only be increased competing in the official servers.

If you could show me a screenshot of what you see on your ratings page I could tell you more.
Hmmm.... Now I'm really confused. What do you mean by "first you do TR, getting the medals"? What is TR and what are these medals?

Note: I have not created a Career or a Championship. All I've been doing is running Quick Races against the AI and some hot lapping in "Practice". So, perhaps I haven't started off in the correct way? All I want to do is be able to eventually run on the competition (ie - match making) servers.

Thanks.

Hmmm.... Now I'm really confused. What do you mean by "first you do TR, getting the medals"? What is TR and what are these medals?

Note: I have not created a Career or a Championship. All I've been doing is running Quick Races against the AI and some hot lapping in "Practice". So, perhaps I haven't started off in the correct way? All I want to do is be able to eventually run on the competition (ie - match making) servers.

Thanks.
Track Rating (TR) is one of the stats and is set for each track. To help ease monitoring, you may set the option 'Rating Practice Info' under Options->Hud to 'Track Competence', then do some laps on tracks. You will see notes at the upper right-hand side of your screen. Though I believe I just left it to Auto initially, you may not see the notes, so I suggest setting it initially to 'Track Competence'.

Thanks.
You need to drive several clean laps in a row at each track, in order to achieve 3stars, hence rising your tr rating
I don't think the mode you choose (practice, hotlap, races) matters

You need to drive several clean laps in a row at each track, in order to achieve 3stars, hence rising your tr rating
I don't think the mode you choose (practice, hotlap, races) matters
So, I guess that running a variety of tracks, as opposed to sticking with only a few, is key in raising the TR and SA rating? And SA needs to be at 50 or more in order to qualify to race on the competition servers?

Fairly new to ACC, so I hope these questions aren't too basic:
1. I've done about 7 quick-races against AI (mostly at Laguna). Is there a way to see everyone's fastest in-race lap time after the race?
2. When and where do I establish a safety rating? I look at my Stats and don't see it there.
3. On the Main Menu, under "Circuit", the "Personal Best Lap" is blank even though I've raced countless laps at that given circuit (Laguna). Why is there no personal best lap time shown for me?
4. This may shed some light on the answers to Question 1 - 3. Although I use my own name under Driver Profile, when I quick-race I just click on a car to use that has an in-game name assigned to it (Enzo Bonito in the McLaren in my case). When racing, I'm racing as "Enzo Bonito" - How do I race under my own name?
Thanks!
#1 been answered
#2 been answered, you just hopped in too eager and quick. step01: do a couple of easy laps on any track, set the HUD as explained above and "win" three stars at each track, if you are not so new to racing games it should be quite easy, just stay on the gray stuff and roughly at the same pace than the lap before. Once you have gotten past a certain point (i also think 50) the next rating is made available. At that point - I think I remember - the HUD should automatically switch to the next rating being shown
#3 this will stay blank unless you race a clean lap, i.e. no offs and always all four wheels in the area ACC still defines as "track". If you are not quite sure where the limits are, there is either a HUD setting that tells you (if I remember correctly) or you just run a quali session where your AI race engineer will tell you whenever a lap has been invalidated
#4 has been answered, and, yes, the SA threshold for competition servers has been raised to 80SA atm. There are three competition server events for each zone (Europe / USA / Asia) each day if I understood that correctly at 18.00 / 20.00 and 22.00.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%