1. Do you love cycling and/or running?
    Join the RaceDepartment community on Strava here.

Safety car

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by AndreasFSC, Jan 25, 2014.

1. AndreasFSC

AndreasFSC

Ratings:
    +1,404
    Does anyone know how the game decides which safety car to use? Is it decided by the track, the car class or random? It would be nice to add a 90's safety car to the super tourers :)

2. Sven Hielscher

Sven Hielscher

Ratings:
    +187
    It's absolutely random. I've build the Camaro as a SC for the WTCC series but sometimes the other SC appear instead of the camaro. As far as I know one can't influence which SC exactly appears on the track ;)

3. Marc Majnes

Marc Majnes

Ratings:
    +84
    what if there is only one Safety Car installed in the game.........:D The one you want to use.......:p

4. Sven Hielscher

Sven Hielscher

Ratings:
    +187
    yeah this could work for offline races and with the "new" unpacked game version I guess ;) at least with the old game (packed in steam) there was no chance for deleting the default SC's :( but I don't know if the SC will be of any problem if the server has a different one...at least if the server only has the same SC there should be no problem ;)

5. AndreasFSC

AndreasFSC

Ratings:
    +1,404
    Maybe I can just change the .car files for all the SC's so they use the same .cas file?

6. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Ratings:
    +216
    Does the SC even do anything apart from presenting itself annoyingly at the pit exit? :D

7. AndreasFSC

AndreasFSC

Ratings:
    +1,404
    Sadly it's just there as decoration :p

8. Sven Hielscher

Sven Hielscher

Ratings:
    +187
    I guess if you change the CAR-files only you will see the difference :D Anyhow I don't know if the SCs are checked before any multiplayer race by the game (maybe occurrence of mismatches?!)...Just give it a try :D...and report the result xD

9. AndreasFSC

AndreasFSC

Ratings:
    +1,404
    reload22.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sven Hielscher

Sven Hielscher

Ratings:
    +187
    Cool :D