Safety car

Just gonna ask, is the safety car gonna be reintroduced into FSR sometime, as there are no issues with it in rfactor 2. People may say it's "pointless in simracing" but it would add a lot of spice to the racing, especially strategy wise, and make it feel more like f1 as well, which is why Codemasters implemented it into their games

Are there are any situations in simracing that need to deploy SC? That will for sure add some excitement but there is little logic to do so. Maybe with dynamic weather (too slippery track for example) it maybe needed but otherwise...

My point is it would add some spice to the racing, in F1 2014, the cars and debris just disappear but it's still in because it adds the spice to the racing. Also you can set it so debris take a while to clear.

Just gonna ask, is the safety car gonna be reintroduced into FSR sometime, as there are no issues with it in rfactor 2.

Lol, there are nothing but issues, starting from the fact that safety car is driven by AI, which drives erratic. It never really worked in rF1 and I haven't seen anything change with that in rF2. The human safety car is even worse, the timing and order of pack got totally confused in rF1. We tried something similar with "rolling starts"" in winter season 2014 and every time drivers got black flagged.

Not sure how motivated I am to see SC in FSR. Indeed it was fun in Codies F1 2011. Its an added complication and I would rather see weather.
Even without the rain to have real time temps would be nice. The announcer can say "we are here at a rather chilly 19 and clear at, or 21 and overcast with a chance of rain at XXXXX track in XXXX country, the wind has changed direction since Final Practice " versus "yep its 29 deg and sunny once more in RF2 world".
Teams will look at cooling and tyre plans pressures etc. More going on, more excitement, more to discuss.

The one area where SC would / could be good is after Lap 1 sector 1 issues where so many people races are ruined. But there is an easier simpler way. The Race director could do what they do at Lemans and call a "code 100" for a lap or two (pit lane speed limiter).
If its just bodywork drivers can pit and get it fixed. Suspension damage is still there and is 600 seconds to repair if its enabled. Trouble is, as soon as there is a human element in the decision there will be criticism (yes I know its not common in FSR but still;)).

That was safety car starts. The safety car is better, my series is using the safety car and hasn't had any problems, and you can just decide when the safety car is deployed, just put /throwyellow in server commands and your good to go.

Lol, there are nothing but issues, starting from the fact that safety car is driven by AI, which drives erratic. It never really worked in rF1 and I haven't seen anything change with that in rF2. The human safety car is even worse, the timing and order of pack got totally confused in rF1. We tried something similar with "rolling starts"" in winter season 2014 and every time drivers got black flagged.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.1%