F1 2017 Safety Car Mechanics

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
How does the SC/VSC actually decide to come out during a race? I noticed it kept coming out if say an AI had the locking up glitch and was off the track, or if there was a tiny bit of debris from a front wing, but say if someone crashed on the track it wouldn't come out. So I decided to do some testing myself, and tried crashing out some AI cars, and only got 1 vsc from about 50 crashes. And during the time I was testing, I got a couple of random safety cars that I looked in flashback, and could not for the life of me find out why they came out. This is very annoying, especially in career if it ruins my strategy, that the safety car comes out randomly. But I also don't understand why it never comes out if there's a crash.

There is definitely an issue with the SC/VSC in the game. CM have not confirmed if they are working to fix it or not, but i hope they are. We have not had one in our league races online yet when we clearly should have. And offline in GP races and in my career they seem to come out when the AI go off track and come back on safely, but when there is a crash or the AI has an engine failure and they are parked in a dangerous location the SC never gets deployed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%