Resource icon

Misc Safety Car Fix 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I understand that the game uses a coordinate system to check for stricken cars that are on the racing line, but do you know how the game decides if a car is in "trouble" or not? For instance if Grosjean had spun, broken a tire off, and stopped in the same location he had, a safety car would've been deployed I'm sure. But since it was just a spin and a stall (no contact was made), the game didn't deploy a safety car...

Thoughts?

Car stalling = no SC no matter where it stalls.

Mechanical DNF where cars drives off track after engine blows up = no SC

Car damaged and unable to drive any further and is located off the track = no SC

Car damaged and unable to drive any further and is located on the track on or close to racing line = SC deployed.

Can any 1 tell me how to backup my profile because when I download different patches, I get one message that my profile is corrupt now. :p

The ai_driver_config file has only minor changes to the "<sc" settings which control how fast the safety car drives, and how close the racers can follow behind it.

Not including the ai_driver_config.xml file won't cause any notable issues when installing this mod, it can be skipped.

My "True to Life AI" mod includes the changed <sc values from this mod in it's ai_driver_config.xml file, just FYI ;)

Can any 1 tell me how to backup my profile because when I download different patches, I get one message that my profile is corrupt now. :p
C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\111097354\208500
I suggest you to maintain 2 Profiles one for Online and other for Off line to avoid Profile Corrupt Problem and also Disabling Steam Cloud sync which will help you to avoid Save game Corruption.

Car stalling = no SC no matter where it stalls.

Mechanical DNF where cars drives off track after engine blows up = no SC

Car damaged and unable to drive any further and is located off the track = no SC

Car damaged and unable to drive any further and is located on the track on or close to racing line = SC deployed.

When there is Mechanical DNF than the cars drives so far off track that there is not even yellow flag? had race att Montreal, heavy rain the entire race, only 16cars got to the finish line, with 1 safety car. But not that many yellow flags.

When there is Mechanical DNF than the cars drives so far off track that there is not even yellow flag? had race att Montreal, heavy rain the entire race, only 16cars got to the finish line, with 1 safety car. But not that many yellow flags.

Great to hear that you got the SC out.

This mod has no control over where mechanical DNF cars drive their cars to retire. This is coded into other files in the game. You are correct - if the cars with mechanical DNFs drive very far off the track and they are not causing any immediate danger to other drivers on the track, then there will be no yellow flag. You will only get a yellow flag if they park their car close to the track.

First, thanks to you Remy & Demy for those great mods ! Now it's almost a perfect game, happy to make the move from ps3 to pc !
I'm also interested by your combined ai file, since i'm totaly noob !

Sorry for my english.

This mod works with mod F1 2013 Realism Mod?
I have to change something to get working condition?
I already use the 2 mods for some time and so far never appeared to me the safety car. :(

remydeleeuw

On ai_drive_config.xml;

You have this <rmHighSpeedPeakSlipAngle float="1.0" />
<rmHighSpeedPeakSlipAngle float="1.0" />
Instead of this <rmHighSpeedPeakSlipAngle float="1.0" />
<rmLowSpeedPeakSlipAngle float="1.0" />
any reason? Thanks!

I didn't changed that lines ;)

Nuno Barbosa Did you edited the database?

No. I'm using these mods:
Realistic FFB v3.0
FOM Cockpit mod cam
F1 2013 Realism Mod
Track Pack HD + Real sweetFX settings
Mr Pibb's 2013 Mod
Competitive Breaking Mod V1
Storm (Real Weather 4)
And the HD textures for cars, garages and Steering Wheels.
In this mod only I copied the folder tracks as you say.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%