Safety Car Fix "mod"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decoding the exe is potentially possible as there are exe decoders out there.
2 issues with this according to the programming development guy I sit next to at work:

#1 Companies who write games and programs don't want you to know what is in the exe file because it is proprietary information to that company. So it'll probably be hard to decode the exe to begin with.

#2 Should you manage to get the exe decoded, the code you'll be looking at might not even make sense depending on what programming language it was written in.

(#3) I don't think RaceDepartment allows uploading of modified game executables? Not sure...

My programmer guy said this would probably be a very daunting task

Decoding the exe is potentially possible as there are exe decoders out there.
2 issues with this according to the programming development guy I sit next to at work:

#1 Companies who write games and programs don't want you to know what is in the exe file because it is proprietary information to that company. So it'll probably be hard to decode the exe to begin with.

#2 Should you manage to get the exe decoded, the code you'll be looking at might not even make sense depending on what programming language it was written in.

(#3) I don't think RaceDepartment allows uploading of modified game executables? Not sure...

My programmer guy said this would probably be a very daunting task

Point 2 is basically invalid. The game is a compiled binary. We will NEVER be able to see the original source code (It physically isn't there).

All we can do is hex edit the exe and relevant DLLs (See Visor View Mod), but deciphering the compiled binary is an insane mission.

Hi.
I just finished a 50% career race in Korea.
I have this and the realism mod installed.

No DNF's, but there were about 4 cars parked at the side of the road, and Webber sat in the middle of the road in Sector 3 for about 8 laps at the end.

No safety car. Just yellow flags.

Any idea how I can fix this?

After opening the ai_driver_config.xml from the download, the file is a complete jumbled mess in many editors. So it's hard for me to compare sc and rt values.
However, what I can figure out is that rt are supposed to be:
<rtRetirementSpeed float="70.0" />
<rtRetirementResetTimer float="" />
<rtStuckTime float="" />
<rtStuckDistanceSq float="" />
<rtPlayerDistanceSq float="10000.0" />
<rtStoppedSpeed float="" />
<rtModerateDamageThreshold float="" />

Is that correct? Maybe that's the issue.

The Ai Diver config file thats included in this mod is working perfectly.
You don't have to change it.

When you use the realism mod and this one, then you copy all files from the realism mod and only the tracks folder from this mod.

The only thing left to do is a little change in the database.
Safety car chance tab everything to 1
Safety car count tab everything to 4

Trackmodels tab --> Max safety car to 4 and safety car chance to 1

If you wan't to open the driver_config.xml use fergo bxml converter to convert it to text and afterwards to convert it to xml.

But again, you don't have to change anything in this file

Hi thanks for that.
I'm fully up to date. I'm trying out that converter and checking the values. I'll report back. Thanks!

All values are as they should.
Changing values in that file won't help you fix the problem of not having a safety car and cars standing on track.
The cars standing on track is an old bug from the game itself.

Just copy the realism files and the sc track folder and edit the database as I said.
The it will work as it should

Thanks. I fixe
All values are as they should.
Changing values in that file won't help you fix the problem of not having a safety car and cars standing on track.
The cars standing on track is an old bug from the game itself.

Just copy the realism files and the sc track folder and edit the database as I said.
The it will work as it should

Thanks for the help. I got the mod to work, but now I have other issues.
I just started my first Ferrari season and cars are now coming off the tracks.

In Melbourne they struggled with turn 12 every car failed to hit the apex and came off. Almost every lap.

In Malaysia they're struggling to stay on at turn 3 and 14. Again, coming off almost every lap.

Any idea what's going on? I didn't have this problem until I installed this mod.

Thanks. I fixe

Thanks for the help. I got the mod to work, but now I have other issues.
I just started my first Ferrari season and cars are now coming off the tracks.

In Melbourne they struggled with turn 12 every car failed to hit the apex and came off. Almost every lap.

In Malaysia they're struggling to stay on at turn 3 and 14. Again, coming off almost every lap.

Any idea what's going on? I didn't have this problem until I installed this mod.

This would not be happening because of this mod.

Was the track conditions changing from dry to wet at the times these things occurred? Do you have any other mods installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back