Misc Safety Car Fix [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 147278

Just wondering if the mod is really that needed for F1 2013 at all :p
Been playing career and already on first race at melbourne , around lap 14 was at end of S2 while a yellow was waved in S1 and Safety car got called out and it wasn't creeping at slow speeds like F1 2012

I am not sure. The files contain massively changed / added parameters / trackpoints for triggering the SC and changing AI driver behaviour.

Yes, CM increased the SC speed by default from 0.65 to 0.8 or so the rest of the base was 1:1 like in F1 2012.

[Edited, maybe my previous answer was a bit ignorant - was late yesterday.]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own F1 2013 so I cannot test it.
I've compared the original F1 2013 files with F1 2012 files and they were the same when it comes to the triggerline for Safety Car.

You know, CM also didn't touch anything else than SC speed but there were more changes done in the config. Like retirement speed, time float, gap to SC etc.

Last year this modifiaction was seen as an improvement, nevertheless the SC didn't trigger much. This year you complain even so the base is 1:1 the same? Give me a break.

You don't have to use

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own F1 2013 so I cannot test it.
I've compared the original F1 2013 files with F1 2012 files and they were the same when it comes to the triggerline for Safety Car.

You know, CM also didn't touch anything else than SC speed but there were more changes done in the config. Like retirement speed, time float, gap to SC etc.

Last year this modifiaction was seen as an improvement, nevertheless the SC didn't trigger much. This year you complain even so the base is 1:1 the same? Give me a break.

You don't have to use

Thanks for your effort to post the mods from F1 2012. I will not use them as it is funny to me that someone who has not played the game is flooding the forum with mods from F! 2012. Btw no personal offence meant.

I know, it's strange in one way. But I know how the game works and how it uses the files. So I got myself a copy of original F1 2013 files (not the whole game, not speaking 'bout piracy) to compare with F1 2012. As CM didn't touch 99% of the files the base itself remains the same. The AI won't react differenly to SC other than last year by default and the SC might be triggered more often now by default (I'd say that's a database issue, nothing I can check yet) but its line2trigger-coordinates remain the same as last year by default.

So, speaking in theory - there cannot be a worse status than the default but again an improvement and that's why I adapted several mods into this year's game already.

After all changing .xml files is like coding a simple batch or vbs. When you know how the interpreter uses the parameters it's all about theory.

I know, it's strange in one way. But I know how the game works and how it uses the files. So I got myself a copy of original F1 2013 files (not the whole game, not speaking 'bout piracy) to compare with F1 2012. As CM didn't touch 99% of the files the base itself remains the same. The AI won't react differenly to SC other than last year by default and the SC might be triggered more often now by default (I'd say that's a database issue, nothing I can check yet) but its line2trigger-coordinates remain the same as last year by default.

So, speaking in theory - there cannot be a worse status than the default but again an improvement and that's why I adapted several mods into this year's game already.

After all changing .xml files is like coding a simple batch or vbs. When you know how the interpreter uses the parameters it's all about theory.

Thanks for the explanation. Glad that you are sincere, honest and knowledgeable on the whole thing.

Hey. I don't know if I'm happy about this.
The fix is not needed in this game.
And when it is needed we will make a mod.
You say you only have the files from 2013 to compare with 2012. So you don't know if it works and if it works good.

You don't asked permission to upload it for the 2013 game and thats why I'm asking you to remove this resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%