Safety Car doing my head in!!

Hi, I've returned to playing rFactor after a LONG time having found an old HDD with loads of mods on. Have to say I'm really enjoying it again, but it appears I've forgotten a lot of stuff that used to come so easily (anyone says I'm old there'll be trouble ;)).

I race offline against AI and I've created my own various seasons using CTDP's Championship Manager. These all work, and run well but I've noticed that in certain mods the safety car is actually one of the racing vehicles. For example in F1 86 Historic Edition by Chief Wiggum/Vimana the safety car is the AGS of Ivan Capelli. Or in the Gruppe C mod it's the Bud Light Jag. I have googled how to solve this and I am fairly certain I did used to know but all Google comes up with is rF2 or :poop: about something unrelated. I've looked in the rFm files, and the file paths seem correct to pace cars, the Championship Manager does give the option to change the cars but even if I leave it on the Hammer default I still get Ivan wandering round aimlessly (which to be fair was pretty true to life when he drove for Ferrari :giggle:). It's at least consistent in that the cars are wrong even in a race weekend as well as a race season.

Please could someone to an idiots guide or a link to a patch (if there is one) and make an old mans blood pressure finally go down a bit

Hello, I was recently plagued by the same problem and have found the solution.

Normally, the game looks for vehicles in the folder GameData\Vehicles. However, in some mods, the folder where it looks for vehicles is not this folder, but a subfolder of it. This is specified in the .rFm file, in the section titled "ConfigOverrides", on the line starting with VehiclesDir=.
If your mod is one of these mods that specifies a subfolder of GameData\Vehicles here, you need to make sure the folder containing your safety car/pace car is inside that subfolder. That's all.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%