Sachsenring 2022

Tracks Sachsenring 2022 1.22

Login or Register an account to download this content
Gunnar333 submitted a new resource:

Sachsenring - German pronunciation: [ˈzaksənʁɪŋ]

So here it is.
After nearly two years of developing and 10,000km of testing here is my version of Sachsenring.

Installation: Just extract to your content/tracks directory

View attachment 463098

track info:
The track layout is from 2020/21. Every year the curbs, run-off areas, etc changes a little bit. Sachsenring is primarily used as motorbike race track so corner markers, curbs, etc are typical for bikers. Also the road surface is very flat without any bigger...

Read more about this resource...

A small heads up: beware that you have quite a few ambient lights (mostly single [LIGHT_...]) that are always active and cast during day (due to missing conditions), which can cause added gpu usage around the track for around 7-10 visible lights at a few points.
Screenshot_some1_acura_nsx_zanardi_1999_g333_sachsenring_9-4-121-16-45-17.jpgScreenshot_some1_acura_nsx_zanardi_1999_g333_sachsenring_9-4-121-16-44-37.jpgScreenshot_some1_acura_nsx_zanardi_1999_g333_sachsenring_9-4-121-16-46-50.jpgScreenshot_some1_acura_nsx_zanardi_1999_g333_sachsenring_9-4-121-16-46-32.jpgScreenshot_some1_acura_nsx_zanardi_1999_g333_sachsenring_9-4-121-16-53-23.jpg
If you're testing on sol 1.6x, you won't have them rendered, but under 2.02 or 2.1a the above will happen.

Thanks for this great track!

Last edited:
A small heads up: beware that you have quite a few ambient lights (mostly single [LIGHT_...]) that are always active and cast during day (due to missing conditions), which can cause added gpu usage around the track for around 7-10 visible lights at a few points.
View attachment 463165View attachment 463166View attachment 463167View attachment 463168View attachment 463171
If you're testing on sol 1.6x, you won't have them rendered, but under 2.02 or 2.1a the above will happen.

Thanks for this great track!
I will have a look at it.
Thanks!

The clock under the gantry seems to have a small technical glitch :D

The upper bar of the 3rd number in line seems to be missing .... or is that a real world glitch? :roflmao:

View attachment 463279
If it's of any help, I only get that bar to disappear from 19:50-20:09 (and by testing with sol app when time goes up, but not when down :cautious:)

Good catch
I will have a look at it.

edit:
...and found the bug.
a typing error in digiclock47_conditions.ini

I updated it on Iliyas GitHub so it should be fixed with the next CSP update.
If you don't want to wait you can manually copy the attached file to:
extension\config\tracks\common

Attachments

• digiclock47_conditions.ini
    78.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Thanks for the updates :thumbsup:

For the clock conditions, it can be tricky if you're updating something on the common library. Afaik it'll only be available for users after next patch version package is packed, and for the subsequent versions. So it's prone to be replaced by previous patch versions, or reinstallations of the current version on the local folder of a user when managed via cm auto-install.

On my system, I resorted to just drop that file on trackfolder\extension , and edit the ext_config.ini to look for it locally for the moment. So the include just looks like "INCLUDE = digiclock47_conditions.ini, common/conditions.ini, common/materials_track.ini".
For some reason (and at least on my system), "INCLUDE = common/conditions.ini, common/materials_track.ini, digiclock47_conditions.ini" will fail, and still look for the file inside /common just because of the different loading order.

Thanks for the updates :thumbsup:

For the clock conditions, it can be tricky if you're updating something on the common library. Afaik it'll only be available for users after next patch version package is packed, and for the subsequent versions. So it's prone to be replaced by previous patch versions, or reinstallations of the current version on the local folder of a user when managed via cm auto-install.

On my system, I resorted to just drop that file on trackfolder\extension , and edit the ext_config.ini to look for it locally for the moment. So the include just looks like "INCLUDE = digiclock47_conditions.ini, common/conditions.ini, common/materials_track.ini".
For some reason (and at least on my system), "INCLUDE = common/conditions.ini, common/materials_track.ini, digiclock47_conditions.ini" will fail, and still look for the file inside /common just because of the different loading order.
Not only on your system. I tried to include the condition file in trackfolder\extension but I couldn't get it to work.
Thanks for the hint. Your solution works great on my side, too.
Will post a v1.02 update

Don't rush on the updates, rather make a list and after a week or so upload a new build. People don't like resources to be updated twice a day. Unless it's something that won't let you use the mod.

Just a thought. Do whatever you want but I think that's how most people think regarding too many updates

Don't rush on the updates, rather make a list and after a week or so upload a new build. People don't like resources to be updated twice a day. Unless it's something that won't let you use the mod.

Just a thought. Do whatever you want but I think that's how most people think regarding too many updates
Gunnar spent 2 years making the thing... it’s an inconvenience for people having to spend an extra minute to update their free quality content? :rolleyes:

Not to mention, people are free to decide whether to download an update or not since the mod works just fine without it. So if you don't think fixing the clock is worth the inconvenience of downloading it, then you can, like, I don't know, not download the the update?

Imo people should thank authors for updates that make top quality content even better. So thank you for the updates Gunnar333.

Btw it's pretty funny that when it's professionals who update content that cost money, then people seem to be happy to get updates. But when it's someone who doesn't get paid for his work and who releases his work for free, they complain about updates? Go figure.

Last edited:
i don't care if he updates it 3 times a day, I'll still download it or maybe I'll wait for few days to be more stable. it's not that I'm hosting a champ so don't really care. 2 years was for the big picture, the whole thing, the little things can wait.
but yeah, there are people that do one way, others do more often updates.
it's fine either way.

Gunnar333 updated Sachsenring with a new update entry:

bug fixes and further optimization

• new normal map for tyre walls
  • small changes to GT Masters bill boards
  • corrected timing node which causes not counted lap times.
  • further optimisationsreduced DIP, TRI and B.SIZE by combining small objects, splitting large objects and adding some more LODs.
  • optimised ext_config.
I hope this will give especially low spec systems a better performance overall.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The last corner causes loss of traction more than anywhere else on the track.

Is this similar to reality? Is there a bump that makes it so difficult? I can hardly put down any power until almost fully straight.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing