Sachsenring 2022

Tracks Sachsenring 2022 1.22

Login or Register an account to download this content
Gunnar333 updated Sachsenring with a new update entry:

Sachsenring 2022

Overhaul for Sachsenring to bring it up-to-date to 2022.
Many things have changed at the Ring over the last months so I decided to do a rebuild of the track with all the new objects and also add some new CSP features like flag-waving marshals.
Don't worry it won't replace your "old" Sachenring installation. It will be placed seperately as "Sachsenring 2022" in a different track folder.
Please keep in mind that for some features (gantry display, flag-waving marshals) the latest CSP is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1669488354511.png

Can you upload somewhere else? RD is very slow sometimes :D

Hi Gunnar, thanks for another great update. Love the track. I'm reluctantly nit picking, at what is a fairly perfect mod, here now...
I noticed at a recent club race here the kerbs don't vibrate the wheels on the lower half nearest the track. Can the vibration trigger/surface be extended down?

Last edited:
Thank you for the update of the Sachsenring to 2022!
As the download speed of RD is very often so slow, i would suggest to use a 7-ZIP archive for your mods in the future. With the best compression settings of 7-ZIP, that work on my 8 year old PC (Intel Core i7-4790K with 16 GB RAM), I could reduce the size of the archive from 405.697 KB to 258.604 KB. With a modern PC with 32 GB RAM, you can reduce the size of the archive even more.

Screenshot 2022-11-26 234701.jpg

'sometimes' :whistling:
RD speeds are actually not terrible from down here in Australia, but that is 100% related to the time of day. Europeans suffer awfully from RD's download speeds in peak times (Euro evenings...)

Thanks for the update to the track Gunnar333! I can't wait for the "SIPMLY" correction in the next one :) On the topic of download speeds, do you have objections to servers/leagues mirroring the download, or is your preference to always point people back here? Or maybe both?

Thank you for the update of the Sachsenring to 2022!
As the download speed of RD is very often so slow, i would suggest to use a 7-ZIP archive for your mods in the future. With the best compression settings of 7-ZIP, that work on my 8 year old PC (Intel Core i7-4790K with 16 GB RAM), I could reduce the size of the archive from 405.697 KB to 258.604 KB. With a modern PC with 32 GB RAM, you can reduce the size of the archive even more.

View attachment 619772
Thanks for the suggestion. I also do prefer 7zip, but....
Believe it or not, there are users that never heard of another compression method other than winzip. And zip compression is included in native Windows.
So I try to keep it simple if I release something to the public.

btw: I know content manager can handle 7zip as well.

RD speeds are actually not terrible from down here in Australia, but that is 100% related to the time of day. Europeans suffer awfully from RD's download speeds in peak times (Euro evenings...)

Thanks for the update to the track Gunnar333! I can't wait for the "SIPMLY" correction in the next one :) On the topic of download speeds, do you have objections to servers/leagues mirroring the download, or is your preference to always point people back here? Or maybe both?
Both. But please let me know where it's been hosted.

Hi Gunnar, thanks for another great update. Love the track. I'm reluctantly nit picking, at what is a fairly perfect mod, here now...
I noticed at a recent club race here the kerbs don't vibrate the wheels on the lower half nearest the track. Can the vibration trigger/surface be extended down?
I noticed that every kerb around the track has some variety in its height profile. But I don't have any layout drawings or enough picture resources of every kerb that can show it for all around the track.
And I don't want to "guess".
So best way to do it would be a track walk with this topic in mind. Or a proper laser scan. :)
Any volunteers?

I noticed that every kerb around the track has some variety in its height profile. But I don't have any layout drawings or enough picture resources of every kerb that can show it for all around the track.
And I don't want to "guess".
So best way to do it would be a track walk with this topic in mind. Or a proper laser scan. :)
Any volunteers?

Would be great to have a pic of every kerb alright. They 'steps' seem to increase in height towards the outside. Dont know if increasing vibration can be built into them but it would be great to be able to feel your position on the kerb!

Last edited:
Would be great to have a pic of every kerb alright. They 'steps' seem to increase in height towards the outside. Dont know if increasing vibration can be built into them but it would be great to be able to feel your position on the kerb!

Screenshot_ks_porsche_cayman_gt4_clubsport_g333_sachsenring_2022_27-10-122-11-12-12.jpg

same shape but the height should be more pronounced for this curb.

Would that fix the vibration feel through the wheel?

Centre of you inside tyres, at the moment the green line feels like you never left the tracks asphalt, while traveling the purple line give normal kerb vibration.

View attachment 619835
Well I don't know if ths is even possible in Assetto because of its simple tyre model.
In ACC we do have a 5 point tyre model. I guess here you would feel the difference. Here is a great forum article about it.

Do you use a DD wheel? I have the simagic M10 and I can feel a bit of a vibration difference when I test drive the curbs that are a straight line (ex: in front of Karthalle)
btw: I have set the "Kerb effect" to 0% in CM force feedback settings. So the vibration only comes from the mesh itself.

Last edited:
Well I don't know if ths is even possible in Assetto because of its simple tyre model.
In ACC we do have a 5 point tyre model. I guess here you would feel the difference. Here is a great forum article about it.

Do you use a DD wheel? I have the simagic M10 and I can feel a bit of a vibration difference when I test drive the curbs that are a straight line (ex: in front of Karthalle)
btw: I have set the "Kerb effect" to 0% in CM force feedback settings. So the vibration only comes from the mesh itself.

Ah ok, I'm using a G29 with 2% kerb, so maybe that's the issue! I will try out different cars and settings to see if i can get it to register the transition a bit better. I was driving the ginetta gt4 at the time. Thanks for the replys Gunnar :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hello, In 2022 version 1.21 I noticed that when spawning cars on the starting grids, one hangs on the board and falls.

Attachments

• Screenshot_vfss_mercedes_clk_dtm_2002_g333_sachsenring_2022_29-10-122-2-11-56.jpg
    Screenshot_vfss_mercedes_clk_dtm_2002_g333_sachsenring_2022_29-10-122-2-11-56.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 52

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years