Resource icon

Tracks Sachsenring 1967 1.0 2019-04-13

Login or Register an account to download this content
Gilles75 submitted a new resource:

Sachsenring 1967 1.0 - A GPL classic.

One of my favourites from Grand Prix Legends, I've put an INSANE amount of work into converting this great track.
All but two of the original buildings have been replaced by much higher quality models, about 75% of the trees have been replaced. All road and grass textures have been replaced with multi-layed textures.
The AI is really good. TV cams are included and there are 32 pit boxes.

A big thanks to Andre Streu for letting me convert his track.

Read more about this resource...

Judging from the reviews, someone needs to learn to accept criticism from people that aren't modders...
Or from other modders too...we have tried, but instead of polishing his existing releases he generally jumps right into the next conversion

I guess grass wasn't green in the 60s...Who knew?
tried it ingame, the grass is actually green, and looks very different compared to Gilles screenshots (dude, I'm just trying to help, you monitor may just be adjusted wrong :unsure:)
1uCKkU4.jpg

About bumps, the straights are flat like a mirror, it only gets bumpy around inclines and corners, which is an indication for a too low res physics mesh (or none at all)

Also noticed this while falling off track, seems like the base scenery is double sided? Many tris that are unneeded
6tZtLF7.jpg

From you tracks I like this best, very cool layout :), but like with all GPL conversions it needs more work to be up to standard in 2019

Last edited:
Pit area is again not defined, pit box does also not show up when driving into pits. Track is way too bright when setting a session for Ideal Conditions. But at least the colors seems a bit more natural this time and I didn't see any obvious holes in the track either. I suggest you calibrate your screen so you are able to get more natural colors. Look at Big Alfies tracks for inspiration or the excellent Sandevoerde by Sergio Loro. I wish you would go back through all your conversions and work on them a bit to fix them up so we can use them for racing.

oh so much wrong here, sry, no walls, asphalt incredible shiny, normal of it has wrong size, no wonder it looks wrong, the church should be a town/city hall, and its the only building left at Badberg Kurve. and then trying to hide all the wrong stuff in an obfuscated kn5 come on...i also got permission by andre, and also am on a conversion, i almost thought, its all for nothing, as now somebody already done it, but this track has got ruined its atmosphere, i will keep working on my attempt...

Pit area is again not defined, pit box does also not show up when driving into pits. Track is way too bright when setting a session for Ideal Conditions. But at least the colors seems a bit more natural this time and I didn't see any obvious holes in the track either. I suggest you calibrate your screen so you are able to get more natural colors. Look at Big Alfies tracks for inspiration or the excellent Sandevoerde by Sergio Loro. I wish you would go back through all your conversions and work on them a bit to fix them up so we can use them for racing.
What's stopping you, or anyone, else from working on them. As for not being able to take criticism, you really have no idea how trivial this is to me.

What's stopping you, or anyone, else from working on them. As for not being able to take criticism, you really have no idea how trivial this is to me.
Not sure what you mean with the criticism part. However since YOU have taken it upon yourself to convert these tracks, I think it's only fair they get treated properly instead of this half ass factory conversion that takes you WEEKS to do. So please go back to start, take 1 track at a time and treat it a lot better. Colors are completely off on your tracks, you never define the pit area, there are big gaps where surfaces overlap. Some times things are just missing and other things are hanging in thin air. I have to wonder why some people keep giving your tracks 5 stars and the only reason I can come up with is that it must be some friends that are trying to be nice to you or some alt accounts. Or they simply didn't test the tracks at all.. I just get sad when I see tracks that could have been so much more being thrown through some kind of autoconverter program..

Hey guys, please lets all be civilized.
This track is one of the epic relics i have hoped for a long time.
Its worth every minute to invest in.
Everybody willing to participate to make it better, i´ll have a beer for you in my fridge.

Its a start, everybody can take part to make it better. Act and please don´t just talk, thanx Gilles75 !!!

What are you possibly talking about? There's nothing in this thread that even approaches an actual insult. There's lots of specific and constructive criticism which OP reacts to as if it were insulting, but that's not really the same thing.

This is a hastily done conversion with loads of issues that are amply detailed in the feedback. OP dismisses all of it and tells us to fix things ourselves if we don't like it? That's the most insulting thing here.

Don't step in as a moderator and tell everyone to be civil just because one sensitive user can't tell the difference between rightly harsh criticism and insults.

Don't step in as a moderator and tell everyone to be civil just because one sensitive user can't tell the difference between rightly harsh criticism and insults.
It's a wee bit of gentle moderating, before someone oversteps, no posts were removed or edited and no puppies were hurt.

It is amazing track, I haven't tested this conversion, but seems like there is a lot to improve.

This is very appreciated track, and also Fat Alfie set quite high standard for classic high volume German circuits mods for AC, so rough reviews are unsurprising.

Also it sounds like if you have replaced some objects inaccurately, as one reviewer suggested, I have not studied that a lot, but if it is indeed so, then it is a big no no.

Also what was meant by "big seats":

I don't know if they were in original mod, but it would be epic if conversions would be not only about porting and having similar complexity of the mod, but increasing it, to be a bit more close to current standards. More detail, more accuracy. Not necessary kill all of your spare time, but just at least boost it up a bit, not every improvements costs a lot of time.

Just check for example what fab06 did with Crystal Palace circuit for rF2. :)
https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/crystal-palace-1969.61217/

Last edited:
Hey, I really appreciate the effort, so my 5* rating still persists as I love that the track is beeing worked on. However, I was shocked by how the "building exchange" was done. Not "high quality" versions, but totally different buildings and far too much trees. This totally ruins the experience for me in some way. The GPL version was clearly identifyable as my hometown, this isn't (by far). I hope that this will be worked on in the future to really get it back to the spirit of the GPL (and the real) track.

Hey, I really appreciate the effort, so my 5* rating still persists as I love that the track is beeing worked on. However, I was shocked by how the "building exchange" was done. Not "high quality" versions, but totally different buildings and far too much trees. This totally ruins the experience for me in some way. The GPL version was clearly identifyable as my hometown, this isn't (by far). I hope that this will be worked on in the future to really get it back to the spirit of the GPL (and the real) track.
You speak to me from the soul! When I see a church in the Badberg-Kurve and forests and mountains where they do not belong, then for me it is not the Sachsenring but a fantasy race track. Too bad he deserves better ....
By the way, also my home track!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years