• We are currently in the process of upgrading our forum software. During this period some parts of the site may be periodically unavailable.

Sabine Queen of the 'Ring...Rocks the 'Ring

speedrcr

100RPM
Came across this tonight and thought I'd share....just reinforces why she holds the title as the Queen of Nurburgring. I'll let the video do the talking.

Class is in session of how to properly race the Ring....;)

Edit: fixed my awesome grammar

Last edited:

Dan Allen

I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.
Sabine Schmitz is an incredibly underrated driver. It's such a shame she isn't in the public eye more, she is more than capable of controlling a car!

speedrcr

100RPM
Yea she is not just a showcase driver as depicted in Top Gear a few years ago...she's a true racing hot momma.

Plus she grew up on the ring, I'm not one bit surprised she hasn't studied that track like a Doctor knows anatomy.

speedrcr

100RPM
It wasn't all that damp actually, there's a lot of teams that make that move for how much was raining. It was more of a slight sprinkle that day (which in RL intermediates or wet tires don't do much anyhow when it's slightly damp), it hadn't been raining much before.

She's quite a genius when it comes to that track, I'd trust her judgement there any day over most. After all she's been racing that track since 10(?) and now 45.

Mapu

1000RPM
Sabine Schmitz is an incredibly underrated driver. It's such a shame she isn't in the public eye more, she is more than capable of controlling a car!

she is not underrated nor unknown... neither is frikadelli racing (the fastest meatball in the world) ... actually she is pretty popular, not only in german motorsport (VLN)

Dan Allen

I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.
she is not underrated nor unknown... neither is frikadelli racing (the fastest meatball in the world) ... actually she is pretty popular, not only in german motorsport (VLN)

I don't think you've taken geographical location into account. Yes, she may be incredibly popular in Germany, not quite so much in Britain.