SAAB Fantasy F1 Team

MyTeam SAAB Fantasy F1 Team 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
MyTeam items for the F1 games
the only critic i will gave you, as i saw, you use photoshop with 3d in it. Use the 3d model to paint instead of only the 2d texture. You can create a layer above the 3d model, draw what you need to draw / or sponsor and merge this layer on the 3d model, and everything will be put nicely in the 2d texture.

the only critic i will gave you, as i saw, you use photoshop with 3d in it. Use the 3d model to paint instead of only the 2d texture. You can create a layer above the 3d model, draw what you need to draw / or sponsor and merge this layer on the 3d model, and everything will be put nicely in the 2d texture.
Thanks for the advice, no more hunting around to connect all the pieces together, this will be an enormous time saver!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You asked for constructive criticism, I'll try to help you with the "credibility" of the livery sponsor-wise.
Some of the sponsors are not consistent with how they would do in real life.
If you fix these, you may have a much more "believable" fantasy livery that would fit as if Saab was really in F1.

-Saab would not be allowed to use the official "F1" logo in their logo, let alone the "old" version of it. You can try to invent a "Saab F1" logo using Saab's official font.
-Marlboro is obviously not an allowed sponsor in F1 anymore. An alternative would be to use Mission Winnow. Also, they wouldn't accept a sticker on a small deflector, usually they want the big space on the engine cover. Try looking at how they did it on the Ferraris !
-Total, Mobil and Shell can't be together on the same car, since they are competing companies. You can choose either of them but as far as I remember, Saab were partenered with Shell rather than Total or Mobil. Also, if you want to choose Total, remember they changed name to TotalEnergies as well as logo in early 2021.
-The Saab griffon logo should not be inclined on the sides of the car.
-The Saab griffon logo should not be alone on the nose of the car, company guidelines ask for the "Saab" name to be put along.
-Vodafone would probably ask for more spaces on the car. For example, the wings, and usually ask for red on those spaces.
-FOM rules mandate the constructors put a logo on the tip of the nose of the car.

And probably a few more small issues, but it's really nice to see you're starting a Saab team, one of my favourite brands !
Thanks and good luck on improving your cars !

You asked for constructive criticism, I'll try to help you with the "credibility" of the livery sponsor-wise.
Some of the sponsors are not consistent with how they would do in real life.
If you fix these, you may have a much more "believable" fantasy livery that would fit as if Saab was really in F1.

-Saab would not be allowed to use the official "F1" logo in their logo, let alone the "old" version of it. You can try to invent a "Saab F1" logo using Saab's official font.
-Marlboro is obviously not an allowed sponsor in F1 anymore. An alternative would be to use Mission Winnow. Also, they wouldn't accept a sticker on a small deflector, usually they want the big space on the engine cover. Try looking at how they did it on the Ferraris !
-Total, Mobil and Shell can't be together on the same car, since they are competing companies. You can choose either of them but as far as I remember, Saab were partenered with Shell rather than Total or Mobil. Also, if you want to choose Total, remember they changed name to TotalEnergies as well as logo in early 2021.
-The Saab griffon logo should not be inclined on the sides of the car.
-The Saab griffon logo should not be alone on the nose of the car, company guidelines ask for the "Saab" name to be put along.
-Vodafone would probably ask for more spaces on the car. For example, the wings, and usually ask for red on those spaces.
-FOM rules mandate the constructors put a logo on the tip of the nose of the car.

And probably a few more small issues, but it's really nice to see you're starting a Saab team, one of my favourite brands !
Thanks and good luck on improving your cars !
Thank you for your reply.

Just a few points of my own, the majority of my mods are "fantasy mods" that is to say they would never see the light of day on a real F1 track, rather they are made purely for my own amusement/pleasure and so probably will never be totally accurate. These mods are made for "fun" rather than following all the technical specifications, so won't be for everyone.
With regard to SAAB sponsorship itself, I didn't have much to go on as they are not a team as such.
I appreciate that some in here are sticklers for authenticity and would frown upon this design but to each his own.

The origins of this mod were actually never meant to be used for other than the person I made it for. It was he that persuaded me to post it here.

Anyway, thank you for the time you have taken with your comment, it was very enlightening

How are you installing it? To help you, I need a bit more info than just "It's not working"
yea you right lmao, but I'm just doing the copy and paste method but i cant seem to get any of the mods to work, I'm probably doing it wrong but I've even watched videos on how to.

yea you right lmao, but I'm just doing the copy and paste method but i cant seem to get any of the mods to work, I'm probably doing it wrong but I've even watched videos on how to.
These can only either be manually installed or download Modular Mods, copy it to the game and then just copy the prepacked MM files into the Active folder of MM

Bonjour, ca ne fonctionne pas pour moi, pourtant je met bien les 4 fichiers dans _ACTIVE.
Hello,
Je n'ai aucun problème ici : Y compris l'écran SAAB de la voiture dans le garage.
Comme indiqué par Alki38, si les fichiers "modular Mod" sont bien de la version 1.05 l'ensemble, y compris les Liveries sont ok. (Avec le DLC Breaking point).
Le principe du Modular Mod est justement de s'affranchir de modifier les fichiers du jeu.
(Je joue avec le Mod 2022 de Lucas Design V2.4).
Tks to the author for making such a Fantasy Mod. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back