S397 Sebring

Was just watching iRacing YT video and noticed their variant includes cats eyes marking the edge of the track. I looked at the real life version of the track and whilst not as apparent as iRacing perfect markings, the real track has cats eyes.
Any idea why these were obmitted by S397, as it at least adds an additional layer of immersion to the iRacing version I just watched :)

I live in Sebring and drive this track often as I am a driving instructor. Two weeks ago I did a night event at the track and I can tell you first hand that there are some reflectors there, however barely noticeable if at all. They are installed at some apex 'Rumble Strips' and are continuously run over lap after lap. Thinking back, I don't even think I noticed them at all in four hours of night driving.

I'll also add that the rFactor 2 version of Sebring is by far the most accurate representation of this track I have found. It was recently scanned as evidence of the road patches, bump accuracy, rumble strip height, how dark it is in real life at night, along with an excellent AI line. iRacing's version of this track is not anywhere near as accurate, outdated, and looks like a well lit airport landing strip when driving it at night which Sebring International Raceway is definitely not.

The "cats eyes" are most certainly there at the sides of the track. As @Bonehead states though, they are really hard to spot in real live footage (we've looked at a lot of videos of the 2018 race while we were designing the track).

20181226142846_1.jpg

The "cats eyes" are most certainly there at the sides of the track. As @Bonehead states though, they are really hard to spot in real live footage (we've looked at a lot of videos of the 2018 race while we were designing the track).

View attachment 282918
There is no reflection though; look at the first video 'live' and whilst not being entirely bright in all cases are certainly visible/illuminate at night.
Can you adjust these for a future release @Marcel Offermans ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 139 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 142 13.8%