rF2 S397 Prototype Challenge @ Lausitzring - Fri 25 Jun 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
fVPa10P.jpg

Screenshot taken from @Doug62 and the livery in the picture can be downloaded here
Time for something a bit different on a Friday. GT's haven't been the most popular lately, so it's time to give them a little rest. GTE's will still happen every other Friday. First out in the different Friday is the LMP3 car from S397, on a slightly forgotten German track that have hosted everything from Champ Car to DTM!

Eligibility:
You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and TeamSpeak, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password]
[
RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM LMP3

Car(s):
  • Norma M30 LMP3 [DLC] - Endurance Pack OR Standalone [DLC]

Track: Lausitzring [STEAM]
Layout: Short - Slow T1
Track Temperature:
Fixed Setups: No (setups can be shared)
Start Type: Formation Lap & Rolling Start
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time / Weather: Day - Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Factory Defaults

Schedule: (EU) Friday 25 June 2021
Practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (5 minutes - PRIVATE - Superpole)
Warm Up: 19:25 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:30 UTC (25 minutes)

Warm Up 2: 20:00 UTC
Race 2: 20:05 UTC (25 minutes - Reverse grid from Q)

Eurospeedway-Lausitz-GP-DTM-Short-08.b400e75f7c8cbfc6828566f56e03df51.png

DRIVER LIST

1. Ole Marius Myrvold
  2. IceColdBeard_24
  3. David Steinacher
  4. G-Slev
  5. Herlev
  6. Colin Peach
  7. Simon Kingsbury
  8. Dean Maković
  9. Ian Watkins
  10. Cristian Muscala
  11. rockracer
  12. Andrei Muscala
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot

utp: #25 OMM

SERVER IS UP!

Last edited:
I still remember the longer in field layout back in the days playing Toca Race Driver 3 :inlove:

Never raced LMP3s, but please sign me up !

Yup! Tested the longer layout as well, it didn't give much extra in the LMP3's, so went for the shorter layout :)

Ye, there's a plan here. However, things have finally opened up a bit in Norway, so I got quite a bit of work to do this week, might revert to a "dry - 25 degrees", but we'll see :)

I'll give it a go Ole.

:) You're in ! :)

LIVE WEATHER! we hope...

Sooo, I've spent a couple of hours setting up live weather for the server. I am obviously not 100% sure that it works perfectly. But at least the air-temperature is correct on the server. At the moment it doesn't rain at the track IRL, so kinda hard to test that. However, the forecast isn't exactly sunshine and heat-waves!

The closest forecast is from Senftenberg, 13 min drive away from the track. The weather forecast can be found here. "Tomorrow.io" is also providing the API which we get the weather-data from (thanks to my free account :p ) - it's updated every third minute with real life information. The latitude and longitude for the radar and weather-info is literally in the middle of the infield at Lausitzring!

I hope this works :)

Turn 6 is a nonsense to me :roflmao:

I have been trying head tracking with my webcam lately using Open Tracks/AI tracks, it is quite awesome I must say. It won't replace a VR headset, but it is a cheap alternative that works.
Needs a bit of tweaking, but out of the box I can look at apex without my view flying around in the cockpit :roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • < 5 years