Resource icon

Skins S397 Oreca 07 13-Skins 3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Highlandwalker submitted a new resource:

S397 Oreca 07 Skins - S397 Oreca 07 Skins Update.

These skins are updated to the latest S397 updates. They will show up in the car list and showroom you can also drive these skins but the AI will still not use custom skins at the moment. Delete existing files from your computer and then reinstall new files, the safest way. Or you can let the new files over write the older ones. Personally I do not like the way the Orecas look now, mine and S397 skins, hate the horrible sheen these cars have now, so unnatural. Oh by the way red and...

Read more about this resource...

Have you tried fixing the sheen with some matt materials from the new material system yet?
If you look at S397 cars they have the same sheen. Personally the only thing that should have been added to the new material system is chrome and metal flake the rest are totally pointless. As you can tell I don't like the new system. It seems as if it was implemented to appease the whingers about the graphics. I think their efforts should have directed at more important issues. The moto don't mend what ain't broke springs to mind.

Last edited:
Got you. And I agree that there are more important issues to adress.
Still I like some features that came along with the new system, e.g. besides the chrome I like the possibility to define if (parts of) the carfoil is matt or shiny.
But indeed it's poor if it took the realistic look from some cars, hadn't had a close look to the Oreca since the patch tbh.

Anyways, thanks for your skins and the effort you put into them, they are essential to bring the IMSA alive in rF2 which imo is the best offline sim racing experience you can have atm.

May be I was a bit harsh about the material system. What really has annoyed me is that they kept up dating more cars even when they knew that the system was not working correctly with the original cars Aston Martin, BMW M6 etc. It should have been sorted before updating more cars, there were enough posts about it. It seems as though they want us to do all the testing because there not prepared to spend the time to do it themselves. The impression I have got from this is, close enough is good enough. This just does not encourage new people to the sim or modders for the future, a really sad situation.

Thanks for these skins, they look great. But I unzipped the files and I have a C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Oreca_07_LMP2_2017 folder now (there was none before), but I do not see the skins in game. What am I doing wrong?

YES AI will use these skins. Here is link to how:
http://www.simracingpro.com/threads/creating-a-mas-file-for-your-skin.3723/

2. Preparing the folders and viewing the car in-game (copied from above link)

There are 2 methods for getting your new .mas file to show in game, both involve creating a new folder using the in-game "Tuning" menu:

(you must use both methods to work)

Method 1:
  • load the single player game using the rF2 Launcher
  • select the series for which you've made your skin
  • choose one of the cars (it doesn't matter which one) and click "Tuning" to load the showroom
  • click "Create Dir", which makes a folder named CAR_XX where CAR is the name of the series, and XX is the number of the original car you chose. The path to this new folder is displayed so that you can find it in the next step:
  • exit the game and navigate to the newly-created folder. If you're skinning a Clio for example, it's: ...\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\ISI_Renault_ClioCup_2010\CLIO_XX
  • place your .mas file in that folder
  • load the single player game again, go back into Tuning again and click one of the arrows next to "Variants" and confirm that you can see your skin, complete with extras.
Method 2:
  • follow the first 4 steps above, but after creating the new folder and before exiting the game, you're going to create a "Virtual Ride":
  • after clicking "Create Dir", click "Reload" and the "Variants" arrow to load the "alt" version of the original skin
  • click "Create" and fill in your driver and team names
  • when you exit Tuning, you should see a new vehicle at the bottom of the list (although it will still be using the original skin until you follow the rest of the steps below)
  • exit the game and navigate to the newly-created folder. This time the folder for your .mas file lives here: ...\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\ISI_Renault_ClioCup_2010\<your name> There's also a file in the vehicle folder named 0.rcd which you'll need to edit so that it references the correct skin file
  • open 0.rcd in notepad and change the line which reads: Skin = alt.dds to include the name of your body.dds. Using the example above, it would read Skin = RH43alt.dds
the final steps are to
1. CLick race
2. select car you want to drive
3. In qualifying screen select add AI by selecting AI by selecting the icon >
4. keep doing this for each AI to add.

Done1

jack

Last edited:
Thanks for these skins, they look great. But I unzipped the files and I have a C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Oreca_07_LMP2_2017 folder now (there was none before), but I do not see the skins in game. What am I doing wrong?
Have you copied the files from the zip file into the the Oreca 07 folder. As I said in the description the AI do not use custom skins at the moment. I have checked my skins and they should show in the car selection screen and also in the showroom and you can drive them.

YES AI will use these skins. Here is link to how:
http://www.simracingpro.com/threads/creating-a-mas-file-for-your-skin.3723/

2. Preparing the folders and viewing the car in-game (copied from above link)

There are 2 methods for getting your new .mas file to show in game, both involve creating a new folder using the in-game "Tuning" menu:

(you must use both methods to work)

Method 1:
  • load the single player game using the rF2 Launcher
  • select the series for which you've made your skin
  • choose one of the cars (it doesn't matter which one) and click "Tuning" to load the showroom
  • click "Create Dir", which makes a folder named CAR_XX where CAR is the name of the series, and XX is the number of the original car you chose. The path to this new folder is displayed so that you can find it in the next step:
  • exit the game and navigate to the newly-created folder. If you're skinning a Clio for example, it's: ...\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\ISI_Renault_ClioCup_2010\CLIO_XX
  • place your .mas file in that folder
  • load the single player game again, go back into Tuning again and click one of the arrows next to "Variants" and confirm that you can see your skin, complete with extras.
Method 2:
  • follow the first 4 steps above, but after creating the new folder and before exiting the game, you're going to create a "Virtual Ride":
  • after clicking "Create Dir", click "Reload" and the "Variants" arrow to load the "alt" version of the original skin
  • click "Create" and fill in your driver and team names
  • when you exit Tuning, you should see a new vehicle at the bottom of the list (although it will still be using the original skin until you follow the rest of the steps below)
  • exit the game and navigate to the newly-created folder. This time the folder for your .mas file lives here: ...\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\ISI_Renault_ClioCup_2010\<your name> There's also a file in the vehicle folder named 0.rcd which you'll need to edit so that it references the correct skin file
  • open 0.rcd in notepad and change the line which reads: Skin = alt.dds to include the name of your body.dds. Using the example above, it would read Skin = RH43alt.dds
the final steps are to
1. CLick race
2. select car you want to drive
3. In qualifying screen select add AI by selecting AI by selecting the icon >
4. keep doing this for each AI to add.

Done1

jack
I have not uploaded these as series or class, they are individual skins to use as you want. I do not use series or classes, there just a pain in the ass, once created they work fine and then some thing gets updated and they no longer work and you then got to redo it all over again. Also if you select an individual car and then look at the opponent list there might only be two cars listed. I just prefer to select the car model as a whole and add other models as I want. I while back some one created an IMSA class using my skins and posted for down load, he put a lot of work into creating it. I was ok about him using my skins because he gave me credit for them. I down loaded it and it work just fine, then about a month later S397 updated the cars and it no longer worked, total waste of time on his part. I no longer install series or skin packs only individual skins. Sorry if this has sounded as bit of a downer, it's just the way I prefer to use RF2.

Have you copied the files from the zip file into the the Oreca 07 folder. As I said in the description the AI do not use custom skins at the moment. I have checked my skins and they should show in the car selection screen and also in the showroom and you can drive them.
There was no Oreca 07 folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings yet. I extracted the UserData folder to my rFactor 2 install directory, so I have a C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Oreca_07_LMP2_2017 directory now with subdirectories for each skin and the 12 rcd files.

I found the issue. The car was not updated to the latest version (1.45). I had to force the update via unsubscribe and subscribe, which downloaded the new version of the car and after that was installed, the skins showed up in the car selection screen.

I think S397 really need to check automatic updates of the DLC cars, because I also already had to manually update the cars in the GT3 pack.

I found the issue. The car was not updated to the latest version (1.45). I had to force the update via unsubscribe and subscribe, which downloaded the new version of the car and after that was installed, the skins showed up in the car selection screen.

I think S397 really need to check automatic updates of the DLC cars, because I also already had to manually update the cars in the GT3 pack.
Glad you got it sorted.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing