rF2 S397 Multiclass @ Imola - Saturday 06 April 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
(I had no idea the race was streamed, including TS. I mean I sure don't mind, just...well.)

@Paul Glover BTW, I wanted to clarify one thing (and publicly, because it was said publicly - well, within TS, anyway). When you were talking about the LMPs lapping the GTE and all that, you mentioned that you still won't give me the place back. I replied that I wouldn't expect you to. What I meant by that was that there really was no reason to give the place back as you simply saw an opportunity and took it, not that I wouldn't expect *you personally* to give a place back. I'm certainly no stranger to friendly jabs (and neither are you, after all, and pretty much everyone else joining the races, which is what makes the TS banter so much fun), but I just wanted to clarify that it wasn't meant as one this time.

Good race!;) Didn't know enough of the resource of tyres for the all race distance, but the medium survived. In the beginning kept close to Stephen, but as the tire wear he lost speed and I took the lead. It is strange that in the race all BMW pilots did not have the pace in contrast to the qualification. Did you use a soft line-up in the race?

Hopefully there are more multiclass races though as i'd like to keep at it and correct these mistakes. That's why club racing exists after all. I think its a fantastic setup and hope it grows.

If you guys give your support there will be a Multiclass every week ...we do the events for you drivers, if we get little interest, then we try something else. The only way we know if it is popular or not, is through interest ...as far as I am concerned, we work for you and not the other way around :thumbsup:

Well I had fun although my race result was poor ...I am confused right now with the GTE, once you loose the car it seems like the grip never comes back, so you either go 1-2 seconds a lap slower or spin again ....I am not saying I do not like GTE because I most certainly do (397 give us the GTE ferrari) but I need to know what is going on :thumbsdown:

I really enjoyed it, but I do feel in multiclass is you must work together, keep a tight line around a bend or go wide, yes you may lose a tenth or so, but that is working together :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums in both classes ..great drive from @Joseph Wright :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah I'm wondering that as well, the same happened at Bathurst 5 or 6 of us had Speedymite skins but then everybody else that joined the server after and chose a Corvette seemed to end up with one of the Speedymite skins and again tonight the same happened with @Roy Magnes with his Porsche skin. @Daiman Patel any ideas what could be causing this Daiman ?

I have a possible answer ...when you join an event with a custom skin, it is automatically loaded onto everyone's PC (that is in that event) ...because if they do not have the skin, you car would appear white to them. The skin once it is there, does not get auto deleted after the event. It remains on everyone's PC, so hence the following event, someone else could select and use it ....I may be wrong, I do believe it should only load a single file to the other drivers, which allows them to see your skin, but not able to use it ...I think that is the way it should work, but does not always work the intended way ...hence someone ends up with the complete files for the skin you was using.

@Craig Dunkley Yeah, but it still shouldn't use the custom skin instead of the default one for that car.

No it certainly should not, but I assumed the drivers where selecting the custom skin that had now appeared.
No I wasn't selecting the custom that had been downloaded. Last Saturday at Bathurst Mikka and Hans were using a Speedymite skin for there BMW's when I went on the server I selected the custom skin I was using V8 Telecom with Wacky Races on it but when I looked at any replays it showed me using there skin.
The strange thing is though that when I was in car it looked like l was using the proper skin I had selected as I could the v8 telecom banner on the inside of the windscreen.

I wonder if this only happens to the cars that were released before the new skin system was introduced for them later. It would seem that is the case so far. Maybe in that case, it somehow defaults to the old skins that were previously downloaded for the cars.

Good race!;) Didn't know enough of the resource of tyres for the all race distance, but the medium survived. In the beginning kept close to Stephen, but as the tire wear he lost speed and I took the lead. It is strange that in the race all BMW pilots did not have the pace in contrast to the qualification. Did you use a soft line-up in the race?

I think 90% of the GTE field would have been on softs ...it appears that we should have maybe been on meds :thumbsup:

No I wasn't selecting the custom that had been downloaded. Last Saturday at Bathurst Mikka and Hans were using a Speedymite skin for there BMW's when I went on the server I selected the custom skin I was using V8 Telecom with Wacky Races on it but when I looked at any replays it showed me using there skin.
The strange thing is though that when I was in car it looked like l was using the proper skin I had selected as I could the v8 telecom banner on the inside of the windscreen.

Very Very weird Stephen :thumbsdown:

I wonder if this only happens to the cars that were released before the new skin system was introduced for them later. It would seem that is the case so far. Maybe in that case, it somehow defaults to the old skins that were previously downloaded for the cars.
Oooh, new skin system? That is something I have not caught up on! For this race I created an alt-livery-directory from the showroom, in which I dropped my Picasso, and loaded it into the game.

@Roy Magnes I mean the new shader system or whatever it is called, not the way you use the skins in the game (that's sadly still the same). You can define regions of different materials on the skin, for example metallic paint, matte paint or vinyl sticker. The GT3 and GTE cars should now be using it by default I believe, but they were not on release AFAIK.

https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/how-to-paint-a-car-with-the-new-material-system
Ah, right. That might explain the decals of the default skin of the car that were "shining through" the skin of my car, though :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 178 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.4%