rF2 S397 GTE @ Circuito de Jerez - Saturday 23 Feb 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@T_rac3 Great handling and nerves of steel ! It was a rubber band the whole time. I know you opened the door once or twice, but I did not have the guts because I knew if I took advantage I would have you on the rear mirrors and probably go off in a couple of laps.

Steep learning curve with rF2, but worth every second. With these GTE I can definitely feel the handling and(my) limits. Need to learn how to lunch the car, too, didn't go well today and I left cars passing to be on the safe side and bring the piggy back home.

Congrats to @Mikka Persson and the Podium: those 3 sec. behind feels higher than the K2!

PS Did manage to finish the race without fuel (67L!! on Race Map) from the Ferrari turn, just geared up on 6th, then N and sailed the car through the Ducados and finally the finish line without loosing the spot. Reason more I'm glad I didn't push harder.

Last edited:
@Martin Fiala I enjoyed racing you, you were clearly faster but I can make myself pretty wide ;) Seriously great driving being so close to me and avoiding an incident after so many laps :thumbsup:
Likewise :) I was pretty close to crashing at times, but somehow managed to mostly stay on the grey stuff :) And all the time I was thinking how many times I would crash if I was in your place. Really impressive :thumbsup: I just couldn't find a safe enough way past you. It was hard work, and for what felt like ten hours as well ;) Shame about you running out of fuel.

I'll post a video of my race later. Great fun.

Yes, it was a good race
Great handling and nerves of steel ! It was a rubber band the whole time. I know you opened the door once or twice, but I did not have the guts because I knew if I took advantage I would have you on the rear mirrors and probably go off in a couple of laps
Not exactly steel :), it was few times when I almost lost control, than my nerves was melted rubber :roflmao:. Having you in my mirror for almost all race make me "a little" uncomfortable (to be read - stressed to the fullest) and also make me sweet a lot :)
manage to finish the race without fuel
So this was the motive in the last half of the last lap you disappear.
In the end congratulation for a good driving and thank you for the race.

So here's my increasingly desperate attempts at squeezing past @Piero Favretti:

Apologies to @yshmana007 for the bump during the first lap. I wasn't sure whose fault it was (but waited anyway, just to be sure), but looking at replay, it was clearly my fault, I wasn't aware that you're next to me and I didn't leave enough room. So again, sorry.

Thanks for the race!

So here's my increasingly desperate attempts at squeezing past @Piero Favretti:

Apologies to @yshmana007 for the bump during the first lap. I wasn't sure whose fault it was (but waited anyway, just to be sure), but looking at replay, it was clearly my fault, I wasn't aware that you're next to me and I didn't leave enough room. So again, sorry.

Thanks for the race!
I grabbed a cup of coffee and watched the whole thing! You must have been so frustrated, yet you kept your cool :cool: Again great fun and great driving! :thumbsup:

You must have been so frustrated, yet you kept your cool :cool:

Not really, to be honest. I mostly only get frustrated racing when I make stupid mistakes and/or when I'm so slow that I can't even keep up with others (so I don't have anyone to race), and there wasn't much of the former (IMO) and obviously none of the latter, so I was just enjoying it. It really was great fun. And as long as the race is fun, I really couldn't care less if I finish last or if I am on the podium (which is not to say I will not fight for positions). If we were to finish like that, I would be perfectly fine with that (because frankly, you more than deserved it).

Though as for keeping my cool...well I guess I'm glad it looks that way ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back