• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU S397 GTE @ Circuito de Jerez - Saturday 23 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Craig Dunkley, Feb 16, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 23-02-19
  1. xiqui

xiqui
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    I'm sorry today I can not run

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,622
    That is a shame, thanks for letting me know :thumbsup:

3. Xus

Xus
    Drive of Racing Club Endurance Team Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    In please.

4. T_rac3

T_rac3
    Premium

Ratings:
    +520
    Hi Craig,
    Please sign me IN if there is some spot left

5. ionONE1

ionONE1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +624
    Just downloaded drivers, game and stuff. Sign me up!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Xus

Xus
    Drive of Racing Club Endurance Team Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    Sorry guys for the incidents

7. Mikka Persson

Mikka Persson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    Well i am very happy for this weekend 4th yesterday and P1 today :)
    What can i say i just had a great race and no mistakes.
    Congrats to all and THX to all Admins and drivers :)

Mikka

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Piero Favretti

Piero Favretti
    Premium

Ratings:
    +181
    @Jesús Sánchez Miranda I went back to review the replay, I am sorry we touched in the middle of the corner. I think I gave you enough room on the inside but you seem to drift out towards me, hard corner to pass. Let me know if you have a different view of the incident.

9. Piero Favretti

Piero Favretti
    Premium

Ratings:
    +181
    @Martin Fiala I enjoyed racing you, you were clearly faster but I can make myself pretty wide ;) Seriously great driving being so close to me and avoiding an incident after so many laps :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  10. rikirk

rikirk

Ratings:
    +215
    @T_rac3 Great handling and nerves of steel ! It was a rubber band the whole time. I know you opened the door once or twice, but I did not have the guts because I knew if I took advantage I would have you on the rear mirrors and probably go off in a couple of laps.

Steep learning curve with rF2, but worth every second. With these GTE I can definitely feel the handling and(my) limits. Need to learn how to lunch the car, too, didn't go well today and I left cars passing to be on the safe side and bring the piggy back home.

Congrats to @Mikka Persson and the Podium: those 3 sec. behind feels higher than the K2!

PS Did manage to finish the race without fuel (67L!! on Race Map) from the Ferrari turn, just geared up on 6th, then N and sailed the car through the Ducados and finally the finish line without loosing the spot. Reason more I'm glad I didn't push harder.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 2
  11. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Let me tell you about spring and damper... Premium

Ratings:
    +3,945
    Likewise :) I was pretty close to crashing at times, but somehow managed to mostly stay on the grey stuff :) And all the time I was thinking how many times I would crash if I was in your place. Really impressive :thumbsup: I just couldn't find a safe enough way past you. It was hard work, and for what felt like ten hours as well ;) Shame about you running out of fuel.

I'll post a video of my race later. Great fun.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. T_rac3

T_rac3
    Premium

Ratings:
    +520
    Yes, it was a good race
    Not exactly steel :), it was few times when I almost lost control, than my nerves was melted rubber :roflmao:. Having you in my mirror for almost all race make me "a little" uncomfortable (to be read - stressed to the fullest) and also make me sweet a lot :)
    So this was the motive in the last half of the last lap you disappear.
    In the end congratulation for a good driving and thank you for the race.

• Beer Beer x 1
  13. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +3,945
    So here's my increasingly desperate attempts at squeezing past @Piero Favretti:

Apologies to @yshmana007 for the bump during the first lap. I wasn't sure whose fault it was (but waited anyway, just to be sure), but looking at replay, it was clearly my fault, I wasn't aware that you're next to me and I didn't leave enough room. So again, sorry.

Thanks for the race!

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  14. rikirk

rikirk

Ratings:
    +215
    results posted in the usual site.

15. Mikka Persson

Mikka Persson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +34
    Can we se results?

Mikka

16. Piero Favretti

Piero Favretti
    Premium

Ratings:
    +181
    I grabbed a cup of coffee and watched the whole thing! You must have been so frustrated, yet you kept your cool :cool: Again great fun and great driving! :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. rikirk

rikirk

Ratings:
    +215
    @Mikka Persson - we're not allowed to post lap times, so I prefer not to put the direct link, but check the results tab at simresults . net, you will also find the other race you had on Friday :)

• Beer Beer x 2
  18. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +3,945
    Not really, to be honest. I mostly only get frustrated racing when I make stupid mistakes and/or when I'm so slow that I can't even keep up with others (so I don't have anyone to race), and there wasn't much of the former (IMO) and obviously none of the latter, so I was just enjoying it. It really was great fun. And as long as the race is fun, I really couldn't care less if I finish last or if I am on the podium (which is not to say I will not fight for positions). If we were to finish like that, I would be perfectly fine with that (because frankly, you more than deserved it).

Though as for keeping my cool...well I guess I'm glad it looks that way ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.